March 29, 2024, 04:05:37 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Strategies for Campaign  (Read 5625 times)
Luxotican
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2016, 11:51:03 AM »

Morning guys,

Just started playing through the campaign for the first time since I was about 14/15 Smiley

Just wondering what sort of strategy everybody uses in terms of their army... Do you upgrade the armour on your units as soon as possible, or do pool your gold up first and upgrade them at a later date? Do you aim to specifically level up any specific regiment first?

Just intrigued Smiley
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 07:54:17 PM »

Hi,
well, to buy armor makes sense: heavily armoured regiments suffer less casualties. Even though they cost more, price difference is compensated. But it does not really matter much if you buy armor at once or a bit later, not in Original Campaign you are trying.

As for experience. Again, it does not matter much, so it's a choice of personal preferences. But here are a few general directions I usually follow:
1. Do not overtrain main cavalry. They are very good at trampling retreating units, at killing enemy artillery - and artillery is a good source of experience. So they will earn their experience very well w/o extra help.
2. It makes sense to level wizard up to level 2 as soon as possible. And do not forget to take Book of Ashur from yellow-smoke building in Bogenhafen defence mission.
After that Wizard is almost self-efficient. And remember, 'crimson bands' - a stopper spell - helps wizard to earn experience even though he kills noone. By this spell alone - when it is available - wizard can reach level 4 by the end - if he gains level 2 soon enough.

3. In first part of campaign, I try not to train units that I will not use in the end. For one, I do not trust Schepke Infantry Smiley so they usually watch my artillery's back or something like this.
Luxotican
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 11:26:41 AM »

Streamed all of the campaign so far up until blighted towers. Stopped there for the evening and i'll probably do some more on Friday night Smiley

I upgraded most of the armour on my troops straight away.

you're right about the Infantry though, They have full armour, plus enchanted shield and they still take heavy loses and run away a lot.

Greatswords/Flags seem to be doing a much better job!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: