March 28, 2024, 04:51:40 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Question about experience  (Read 9322 times)
Belzarius
Giant Spider

View Profile
« on: December 04, 2008, 12:39:23 PM »

Hi i am new to this forum, just found the forum and the fan site.
Just resently looked upp my old ex of dark omen and thought lets give it a try and se if
there is any mods out and... Here i am.
Not what i expected(meaning good)and i am thrilled there are so mutch fans out there. Smiley

Well back to the subject.

Do any one know exactly what levels dose for troops, mean besides makes them better,
like how is there statistics improved by each lvl, and if what or all, and how mutch.
This is something i have always thought about since i first played the game when it
came out.

Belzarius
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2008, 05:44:13 PM »

Good Question and Welcome to the Dark Omen Community!

Smiley

The only difference between Levels 1 -3 are the amount of equipment they can carry.

For example a Lv1 Orc Bigun can only carry 1 Item of Magic or banner, whereas a Lv 3 can carry 3 items.

However, I always assumed that the Levels meant they were less likely to Flee if Level 3 but certainly,

when examining Unit Stats (Using Mikademus' WH2Edit or Ghabry's updated Version Wh32Edit) there is no difference in

Multiplayer but Definetely in Single Player it +1 on Stats.

Eg to increase Experience but Mulitplayer, even though it has Skulls that show the Unit's Threat Level it appears that

the +1 isn't implemented in Multiplayer and only Single Player.

I've certainly tried to test to see if Level 1 orcs Flee more easily than Level 3 but it can be tricky  to prove as a Virtual Dice Role is incorporated and is Random.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Belzarius
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2008, 03:33:28 PM »

That sounds right in my ears. Smiley

But do yo think it might be that that have just given a 1+ to leadership in multiplayer
as to balance it a littel more.
That do give a more courage to the troops,
but that makes troops like dwarfs loose there bonus after level upp over 2.
Hmmm... it may just be that this is not implemented due to a miss to
i mean they are way more expensiv but if it wont do much it is like no use.
Exept for mages and the magic item thing.

Belzarius
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2008, 03:35:15 PM »

Mages
-----
LevelMWSBSSTWIALd
Two+1+1
Three+1+1+1+1
Four+2+1+2+2+1
Other
-----
LevelMWSBSSTWIALd
Two+1+1+1+1+1+1
Three+2+2+1+1+1+2+2+1
Four+3+3+1+1+2+3+3+2

Note
----
No-one knows for sure exactly what Dark Omen does for level increases, but it is widely agreed that it takes the same values as those used in Warhammer Fantasy Battle (WHFB) which the game is based on. And as second point, Ghabry and me tested different Units (like BGK Lvl 1 agains BGK Lvl3) and the Lvl3 one IS stronger than the Lvl1 BGK. So ofc. one different between Levels 1-3 is the amount of equipment they can carry, but also they become stronger.  The fact, that there is no different in the WH(3)2Edit is, that the experience will be calculated "on the fly" in the game. So every unit has basic stats+experience.

If you wanna test it, you can take 10 units of the same type (e.g. BGK) Lvl3 and your opponent can use 10xLvl1 units. Then fight 1:1 agains and count how much a Lvl1 and a Lvl3 win.... You will see, that everytime a Lvl3 will win.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2008, 03:43:59 PM »

Bem, the values you quoted I think are for character (hero) models. Reading my 3rd ed rules (which WH:DO is based on) ordinary troops gain much less with levels, basically only one +1 on a single attribute per level (my table below is accumulative):

Code:
Level M WS BS S T W I A Ld
Elite +1 0 +1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Elite +2 0 0 0 0 0 0 +1 0 0
Elite +3 0 0 0 +1 0 0 0 0 0
Elite +4 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 +1 0

MontyMcJock
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2008, 05:27:04 PM »

Beside this i think that the warmachines get more destructive. At level 3 my mortar can almost wipe out an entire regiment with one shot. At first level it ain't nearly that destructive.
Belzarius
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2008, 12:25:35 PM »

Yeah that about cannons and mortars they seam to reload faster as they go upp in
experience not much but there do is a difference.

Belzarius.
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2008, 04:47:23 PM »

That does sound very reasonable. Since the TT is turned-based there is obviously no faster firing rates with experience, but in a real-time game it would be a natural development. Would be easy to try - simply field a few mortars of different levels and time their firing rate with a stop-watch. Post results here, please Smiley

kuchikirukia
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2021, 08:15:09 AM »

Mortar does not gain attack speed.

Level 1-4: 8 shots / 2 minutes

Cannon:
Level 1-4: 6 shots/2 minutes

Crossbows:
Level 1: 13 shots/2 minutes
Level 2-4: 16 shots/2 minutes

Wood Elf Archers:
Level 1: 22 shots/2 minutes
Level 2-4: 27 shots/2 minutes

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2021, 12:14:41 AM »

Good info thanks as been awhile since the last tests

https://blackdogs.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOR/pages/22773813/Ranged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
kuchikirukia
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2021, 11:47:10 AM »

Does level 4 require you to max both the yellow and blue bars?  The other ranks ding when you fill the blue bar once, but the final rank you fill a blue bar which maxes the yellow but then you can fill the blue again.  Are you level 4 when you fill the yellow or do you need to fill both bars fully?
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2021, 10:01:33 PM »

Good question but I would have to retest to confirm.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: