April 19, 2024, 01:48:57 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Please Help screen flickering when picel resolution set to high  (Read 7393 times)
kingmichael
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: November 19, 2014, 04:27:09 AM »

Ok I just noticed threw trial and error that its the pixel resolution that makes the screen flicker for me.

So is there any way to be able to set this to high without getting the screen filtering the game really looks nice with it on high.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 06:31:45 AM by kingmichael » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2014, 11:53:20 AM »

Hi and welcome, I have only seen problems with High Resolution for Alavet who had a Russian version installed. He then installed an English version and could play on High Resolution, so we assumed the first version must have been corrupted. I'm hoping you are using CPU mode and not 3d mode which flickers unless you use Aqrit's 3d mode fix and have an NVidia graphics card.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/index.php/topic,1164.msg12011.html#msg12011

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
kingmichael
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2014, 05:38:48 PM »

Hi thank you olly for replying I am using the 3d and not cpu just simply because it seems to work fine the only thing is I want to increase my pixel resolution so the game can really shine at its best.

Yes I am using an NVidia card GeForce 750ti
I have an i7 motherboard

I don't understand how to do the 3d fix I read it but I don't know how to do a hex edit or anything like that.

I am also using an English version (I have the actual CD)

I just tried a few other things

when in cpu mode it is a little laggy or something just doesn't feel normal but in 3d mode it runs smooth but I can't set pixel resolution to high without the flickering. So basically I can run in 3d mode on low pixel resolution and it won't flicker.  But I just really want the high pixel resolution because it looks really nice and also runs smooth with no lag but it just flickers so if I can fix the flicker problem it would be perfect.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 05:44:11 PM by kingmichael » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2014, 06:27:15 PM »

You need the 3d fix, read this ->

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/3d-mode-and-win87-dark-omen-t1164.0.html;msg12090#msg12090

and download the goody bag and remember to ->

Set the desktop to 16-bit color.

Enable the "Run in 640 x 480 Screen Resolution" on the compatibility tab to have a fullscreen window".
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 06:40:52 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
kingmichael
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2014, 07:02:42 PM »

hi I did it and it still didn't work if I use high pixel resolution it just flickers like before.

gonna try the same thing with a fresh install
« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 07:13:29 PM by kingmichael » Logged
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2014, 07:28:13 PM »

IT could be that the low end cheap NVidia card is unable to do 3d mode, one of my NVidia 6300LE couldn't do it either but my 780 can. (maybe update your drivers in on the NVidia control panel -> Manage 3d settings for Dark Omen EngRel.exe and Turn off Vertical sync)

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 07:45:04 PM by olly » Logged

kingmichael
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2014, 07:43:53 PM »

Its working I was using the same old icon to launch the game instead of going to the new files

LOL

I notice I couldent exit the game or use my keyboard when I used the file that said 3d fix and extreme camera zoom but then I tried the Engrel file and it works great and I also get all those cool mods.

Dam Love you guys and everyone that worked on these

thank  you to everyone !
kingmichael
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2014, 03:38:04 AM »

Hey i noticed the sound is staticky is there a way to fix that also?
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: