April 19, 2024, 10:33:05 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Optional missions  (Read 11248 times)
Wardner
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2012, 11:49:17 AM »

Hi, i just wanna ask for ALL the different paths (optional battles) we can choose by helping or not helping the allies in the campaign.

For example, if you help defending Bogenhafen, youre late at the tower and you have to attack it, but if you dont help, you must defend it.

I wish if there are a post in this forum which explains ALL the effects of the decisions you make in the campaign. (I just want to have seen all the battles of dark omen campaign).

Thanks.
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 01:39:13 PM »

Chapter 1:
1. If you help defending Bogenhafen you must attack Helmgart otherwise you must Defend it. Magic Item: Book of Ashur in Bogenhafen.
2. If you help Azkuz (the Dwarf) you get the Enchanted Shield and he will join you at the beginning of Chapter 4 (Return to Axebite Pass mission)

Chapter 2:
After Blighted Towers you can decide between Mortar or Cannon, no side effects. If the Steam Tank survived he will join at the beginning of Chapter 5 (Black Pyramide).

Chapter 3:
1. If you attack the goblin camp the ogres will join you. Magic Items: Banner of Arcane Warding and Horn of Urgok.
2. If you help Ragnar against the Trolls he will join you. Magic Item: Staff of Osiris
Side effect: Witchhunter Mathias says that this wastes time but I don't know if this makes the last mission harder.

Chapter 4:
Vingtienne Route: (Missions: Brettonian River and Vingtienne)
Knights of the King will join you near Vingtienne.
No idea if this is a bug but they will also join if you don't do the Vingtienne Bonus mission.
Also no idea if Vingtienne has a magic item.

Loren Forest Route: (Missions: Holy Shrine, Loren Lake or Loren Clearing)
Elf Archers join you after Holy Shrine mission.
Depending on if you help the treeman you can play two different missions (Loren Lake or Loren Clearing). Clearing contains the Spelleater shield. Treeman only joins for one mission (Lake mission).

Both routes merge with meeting the Pistoliers.

Chapter 5:
If you fail to defeat Carstein a different Pyramide map is loaded (same as original but contains Juwel of Morslib). This gives the Enemy three magic points everytime Dread King says "Juwel, give me power!"
If you fail to defeat Hand of Nagash or Black Grail they will fight together with the Dread King.

Hope I havnt missed anything Smiley

Wardner
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 04:00:49 PM »

Thank you, great job.
Wardner
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 04:08:44 PM »

Wait a second, how do i "fail" to defeat Carstein, Hand of Nagash or Black Grail, i just want to see that "different Pyramide map" with the jewel.
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2012, 11:16:49 PM »

If Morgan flees and everyone else is dead/flees/wasnt even deployed u have lost. works in each mission.

just route morgan all the time Smiley (better only in these 3 missions because of gold)
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2012, 01:26:51 AM »

Yes only deploying Morgan and then retreating until you get a white flag is the easiest way.
This doesn't work on the Black Pyramide map. Morgan will never leave the battlefield. (So last map is either Game over or Win)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: