April 19, 2024, 10:32:38 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Last mission and replay  (Read 7317 times)
jvmnck
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: July 25, 2012, 11:59:24 PM »

Hi, I didn't knew that there was a fan site of this awesome game. I first played it with my ps at 2001, then at 2003 and 2005.

A couple of days ago I had some free time and I decided to get a pc version, I got it and completed it today (oh yeah that dread king wasn't that tough). I get some items that I couldn't remember the staff of osiris and the spell eater shield.

Let's get to the point:
1) Has anybody notice that in the last mission, (with g-cal, g-can, g-inf, g-cro, ogres, ragnar-w, fire-w, elven-ar, pistolers and those crazy 9) after ( 1r{2mm+1nec}, 2r{4arc+1cat}, 3r{2mm+2mm(that protect)}, 4r{1dk}, 5r{3mm} ) the fourth mummies (from the northeast 11/11) has a 2/11 that fllee (with a white banner) but can't be killed (I tried like 20 min with g-cal charge and ragnar-w charge with crismon-bands of fire-w +arrows +bullets +ball cannon and nothing, they were immortal). Also my pistolers couldn't move (only charge and shoot). Is this a bug? (I say this because those 2 mummies, I think I had the same problem in my ps version)

2)Is there a way (a simple way, cuz I had a savegame editor) to restart from mission 1 with all your regiments (with acc experience) and items? or to modify the game so when a battle is ended, have an option to make it again for more exp items and gold?? Grin

Thanks in advance  Wink
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2012, 09:46:00 PM »

Hi and welcome to the Dark Omen Community -> it's a great time to join in the fun ->

http://forum.dark-omen.org/introduction/great-time-to-join-t696.0.html

God questions and I will have to recheck the last mission soon and for troop editing please download Ghabry's WH32Edit

http://en.dark-omen.org/downloads/view-details/1.-modding-tools/2.-army-editors/wh32edit-v2.html

There's our end of month regular Tournament this Saturday which is the perfect time to meet all curent online players

http://forum.dark-omen.org/tournaments/tournament-july-t1125.0.html;msg11613;topicseen#msg11613

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
jvmnck
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 02:47:58 PM »

Thanks I will try the wh32edit. Now that I think better, I not sure  if it was Northeast or Northwest (but is sure that it is the last mummy regiment and is 11/11).

Damn my July holiday has ended, no more 12 hours per day of playing pc games. Sad

See ya.
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 03:10:20 PM »

2)Is there a way (a simple way, cuz I had a savegame editor) to restart from mission 1 with all your regiments (with acc experience) and items?
Well you have to open the last savegame (after beating the Dread King) with Wh32Edit). And open GameData\1parm\Plyr_all.arm in a 2nd window.
Now copy each regiment from the savegame and paste it into the plyr_all file.
This way you start with the experience from the end game and you can start a "New Game+" Wink

or to modify the game so when a battle is ended, have an option to make it again for more exp items and gold?? Grin
Uhh, this is more complecated. Would need altering the game script. Use the 1st way instead.

jvmnck
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2012, 06:58:03 PM »

Well you have to open the last savegame (after beating the Dread King) with Wh32Edit). And open GameData\1parm\Plyr_all.arm in a 2nd window.
This way you start with the experience from the end game and you can start a "New Game+" Wink
Oh god!!, that is what I wanted, Nice tip Cool

Thanks and see ya.
jvmnck
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 03:14:43 PM »

Well I tried it, it worked but ...
1)Except for g-cal/inf/cro/can + bright mage all the other regiments can't be deployed in battle.
2)However they are there I can see my ogres/pistoliers/elves/ragnars/mortar with their items and experience.

I want to train from the first mission with my icemage, my gunners, my flagellants, .... Cry Cry
sipax
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 04:32:46 PM »

If you only copy saved troops in plyrall you won't get them at start. As i know how it will work - you will get them in the game process as in original. Only thing i can suggest is to swap any of starting regiments with another one which you want from the start. Example : swap ice mage with g-cannon; Result: you will get ice mage in 1st mission instead of g-cannon. If you want make troops experienced at start - edit experience, you can also add magic items.

** dont you think if you start with high level troops game will be too easy and boring?
*** if you do, edit enemy army files and make enemy armies "leveled up"/"increased in numbers".
**** you can also modify enemy regiments items so they will drop different item, give it a try (you wanted new items).

P.S. if i catch your idea right: swap g-cav with ogres, g-inf with flagellants, bright wiz  with ice mage, cannon with pistoliers. I think its like best solution.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 04:44:19 PM by sipax » Logged

- -
Urblab Rotgut: "My name's Urblab Rotgut."
Morgan Bernhardt: "That's your problem"
- -
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 04:47:19 PM »

Yes you can only deploy the troops that are specified in the maps BTB file. But I dont really see a purpose in allowing all units on the first maps.

As sipax suggests you can swap the regiments. To do this you have to swap their unit id with Wh32Edit.

jvmnck
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2012, 01:59:16 PM »

** dont you think if you start with high level troops game will be too easy and boring?
that's why I want to fight with level 2 units (cuz g-xxx and bright w are all level 3 or 4) and no because you only place one (only the ice mage or pistoliers) or two (flagellants+ogres) regiments (you don't place the 5 or 10) per battle.

PS:I am also a great fan of brigandine-forsena, and in that one is the same idea when all your knights and monsters are lvl 30, instead of fighting with:
 3 knights + 12-21 monsters (you) vs 3 knights + 12-21 monsters (pc)
you fight with:
 1 knight + 3 monsters (you) vs  3 knights + 12-21 monsters (pc)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: