April 25, 2024, 07:24:04 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is Last Battle beatable with all option missions failed?  (Read 17296 times)
hage
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2010, 11:07:44 PM »

i personally beated last mission with hand of nagash without any problems.

i think it will be hard to beat with bgk, considering that in standard game you'd have to actually LOSE Mousillion mission, hence losing experience

Doesn't the jewel mission also affect the last battle? I think in the game it says the dread king is stronger if you don't kill the vampire lord and thus destroy the jewel.

So the hardest final battle would be Nagash, Black Grail and Deard King on stereoids.

Not yet at the Grail so not sure weather to off them or not. The 30% increase is working fairly well, thou it's far from unplayable, at least so far. I think the exp are racking up faster as well, so perhpas it will even out.
hage
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2010, 11:11:18 PM »

They probably stopped the series for three reasons: First, in 1996--1998 the mainstream didn't really understand RTT: RTS games were the New Big Thing, and RTT also differed so much from grand scale strategy games that few people had the categories to grok it as a genre. Indeed, PC Gamer in Sweden reviewed it and called it an "incomplete RTS game"... :facepalm:

Secondly, I suspect Games Workshop refused to renew the licence, either because of low sales or because they foresaw in Dark Omen's quite excellent adaptation of the TT game and experience a direct threat to their bread and butter: overpriced figurines and table top rulebooks.

Thirdly, Myth III and IV as well as The Create Assembly filled the little void Dark Omen left, probably enough so that other companied preferred to feed the larger and more mass-marketable niches of FPS and RTS games rather than compete with excellence in a niche segment. In fact, RTT was so overlooked that few AAA companies even were aware of it! And it takes mainstream recognition to create the critical mass to achieve mass marketability... Circular in way, but our world doesn't usually work on principles of fairness and due reward.

As for Jupiter, interesting timing: yesterday I just wrote about that game in this very forum (check the RTT sub-forum)! Loved that game! You could check out Space Wolves I and II: they're very similar though not as excellent!

Quite a nice list of games to play piling up now! All 4 mentioned so far seem promising.

I guess the Jupiter comparison is more obvious than i thought at first Smiley I checked out that thread...intrestingly enough Total War series never really got thru to me. I guess it's to real, or maybe the lack of a story, but i've tried to play it a few times and never could be bothered in the end. Have to admit i've never heard of Myth 3 and 4, stopped at 2 and kinda thought that was it  Tongue All in all, it could be a short winter with all those games pending! Jupiter was supposed to have a sequel, they even have a short video about it on youtube, but it bummed out in the end. DO was also rumored to have a sequel coming at the time, i remeber reading about in a magazine.

True reasons all, but they don't make me any happier  Cry  
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 09:22:02 PM »

Mindscape had an DO expansions in the works, there are already provisions made for it in the code, and the box blurbs promote it! There were rumours of a sequel too, but as Darko said, the division was closed down Sad We are not happy about it here - at the least having an official expansion would probably have helped the modding quite a bit since they'd have had to make the engine a bit more generic...

Also really frekkin' annoying that the sequel for Jupiter was never made. The tech demo video is gorgeous, still four years or something later!

Wanted: Dead or Alive, wasn't that turn-based tactics, rather than real-time though? I remember it as a decent but difficult game, but I never played it to any large extent...

hage
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2010, 01:16:57 AM »

Wanted: Dead or Alive, wasn't that turn-based tactics, rather than real-time though? I remember it as a decent but difficult game, but I never played it to any large extent...

Nay, it is purely real time. Like all games, it's only difficult untill you get the hang of it, but i do remember a lot of people complaining about difficulty, because you can't just barge in and start shooting.It was nowhere near the DO and Jupiter level, but a game i remeber playing and liking a lot because it was different and new. You couldn't kill anyone just by going gun-ho crazy.

cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2012, 11:56:30 AM »

A comment 2 years after posts ceased here hehe Smiley

To increase enemy units by 20-30% in numbers makes the game kind of easier in the last part (or last mission if you please).
Even though you might have difficulties on a certain mission like Bogenhafen defend or so, in the end your troops will earn significantly more exp and be more powerful in the end.

To increase the default campaign difficulty, I'd recommend reducing your own units in numbers, like Cavalry 16->12, Lt Schepke can remain the same anyway he sucks Smiley, Archers 15->12, Ragnars 12->10 etc
Not any unit is necessary to be touched, but the strongest can be.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: