April 25, 2024, 05:26:42 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Is Last Battle beatable with all option missions failed?  (Read 17297 times)
hage
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: September 23, 2010, 12:57:29 PM »

Hello,

I'm about to replay this great game after a long while. I remember being dissapointed how easy the last battle was with all optional quests completed sucessully (Hand of Nagash, Black Grail and one more i think?).

Still, if you play so that they all appear in the final battle this changes things dramaticaly. Is it possible to beat the game with final battle at it's hardest, with all the though bas*ards there?

Don't feel like playing and then being frustrated at the end if it can't be done. Right now i'm thinking of playing it so the black grail is there.

One other question, is it possible to make the original campain harder by increasing the enemy unit's stats by 20-30% or just by increasing their numbers?

Thanks.
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 06:17:48 PM »

yes, there is an editor in wich you can increase number of troops with 32 as maximum, it is a tool used for making mods and balances, chagin the units sizes, the shield it carries and the gold cost(the gold cost is for multiplayer )

i will give you a link to get the editor :  http://en.dark-omen.org/downloads/view-details/1.-modding-tools/2.-army-editors/wh32edit.html

get it , and with it you have to open the files in folder DarkOmen\GameData\1pbat in 1pbat you will find ALL maps data

for example map 1 is : B1_01, map 2 is B1_02, etc..

so you enter in any one and then open a file called  B101NEM.ARM, B102NEM.ARM and ther you edit Smiley you will easily understand how to edit

notice that the file to edit, changes number B101 for the first level, then B102 for second level and so on..

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 06:18:34 PM »

ahh and yes, if you lose hand of nagash and balck grial battle, they appear in last mission and it is a bit more difficult hehehe

ito maquiesves
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 08:18:23 PM »

Welcome to our website. "A great time to join"

To enable Grail and Nagash in the last mission without replaying you can use The newer Beta version of wh32edit.

Open your savegame (that's in Dark Omen-Folder\SaveGame). It has the name darkomen.0*. A higher number means: Younger savegame. So best would be trying to open all files starting with the highest number. Until you find the one before the Dread King battle.
Then go to Edit->Header. Click the Savegame Tab and remove the checks from the check boxes "Manfred defeated", "Hand of Nagash defeated" and "Black Grail defeated". Then save the file and load the savegame in DO. Enjoy Smiley

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 09:27:08 PM »

Welcome hage,

As Ghabry says, it certainly is a great time to join

http://forum.dark-omen.org/introduction/great-time-to-join-t696.0.html

There are many Fantastic Alternative Mod Campaigns for you to try.

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
hage
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2010, 10:26:58 PM »

Thank you all. It looks like i'll be able to spend quite some time playing this little gem now  Grin

So, is it possible to beat the last mission with both hand of Nagash and the Black Grail there? Has it been done?

Shouldn't be a problem if they come more or less alone like the dread king, but if they just storm down together at the opening it's curtains!

hage
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 10:33:28 PM »

yes, there is an editor in wich you can increase number of troops with 32 as maximum, it is a tool used for making mods and balances, chagin the units sizes, the shield it carries and the gold cost(the gold cost is for multiplayer )

This sounds great, i'll try it out. Does that mean even mummies can be pumped up to 32 per unit? Scary idea!
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 10:59:25 PM »

AND GRAIL CAN HAVE 32 HAHAHAHAHA and 32 DREAD KING :O:O:O well maybe 3 is enough haha

ito maquiesves
hage
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 12:57:00 AM »

AND GRAIL CAN HAVE 32 HAHAHAHAHA and 32 DREAD KING :O:O:O well maybe 3 is enough haha

Sick  Tongue  

I'm doing all the maps with 30% more unit personel (rounded up after .5), and single monsters get +1 lvl on armour. Tried to add exp but for some reason it's not working. I save it, and when i get back exp is back to 0 and lvl is 1.

Easy work of course, but you get the original campain with a little bit more difficult to it which is pretty sweat - exactly what i wanted, to get some more kick out of it after not playing the game for some years.

Just replayed SOTHR few days back...why they stopped making these games it beyond reason. Brilliant stuff, even the graphics and interface didn't bother me after a few minutes.

PS I don't know if anyone here has ever heard of the game Nexus: The Jupiter Incident. I've played it recently - amazing game, story, story delivery etc. I'm mentioning it because it reminded me of Dark Omen, even thou they're completely different in appearance: one is fantasy, the other a space game. But the management is similar (real time battles, no micro management apart from outfitting the ship(s), and some little RPG element when you advance in levels as a captain (only a few times thou). Takes time to really master the interface as well.

Anyway, this is how i came back to playing Warhammer series again, after what, 11 years?. I was so delighted with the game i deseprately searched for something similar and in the end remembered Dark Omen.

Just mentioning in case someone is looking for a new game to play.
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 01:38:22 AM »

Ya I know what you mean Hage i've played nexus as well.  It's a good game although it would be far better if they simplified the inteface and stoped the ai pissing around with your ships and instead made the ships do what you told them to do, grrr.

i think of nexus and dark omen as puzzle games, you get set resources and you need to figure out how to accomplish a set task.  Mechcommander is similar in that respect, and also sydnicate come to think of it.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 02:40:57 AM »

hage looks like a nice guy Smiley he excites me Smiley

ito maquiesves
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 07:08:12 AM »

i personally beated last mission with hand of nagash without any problems.

i think it will be hard to beat with bgk, considering that in standard game you'd have to actually LOSE Mousillion mission, hence losing experience

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Mikademus
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 04:24:39 PM »

Just replayed SOTHR few days back...why they stopped making these games it beyond reason. Brilliant stuff, even the graphics and interface didn't bother me after a few minutes.

PS I don't know if anyone here has ever heard of the game Nexus: The Jupiter Incident.

They probably stopped the series for three reasons: First, in 1996--1998 the mainstream didn't really understand RTT: RTS games were the New Big Thing, and RTT also differed so much from grand scale strategy games that few people had the categories to grok it as a genre. Indeed, PC Gamer in Sweden reviewed it and called it an "incomplete RTS game"... :facepalm:

Secondly, I suspect Games Workshop refused to renew the licence, either because of low sales or because they foresaw in Dark Omen's quite excellent adaptation of the TT game and experience a direct threat to their bread and butter: overpriced figurines and table top rulebooks.

Thirdly, Myth III and IV as well as The Create Assembly filled the little void Dark Omen left, probably enough so that other companied preferred to feed the larger and more mass-marketable niches of FPS and RTS games rather than compete with excellence in a niche segment. In fact, RTT was so overlooked that few AAA companies even were aware of it! And it takes mainstream recognition to create the critical mass to achieve mass marketability... Circular in way, but our world doesn't usually work on principles of fairness and due reward.

As for Jupiter, interesting timing: yesterday I just wrote about that game in this very forum (check the RTT sub-forum)! Loved that game! You could check out Space Wolves I and II: they're very similar though not as excellent!

Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 05:31:51 PM »

Don't forget the gamming division for Mindscape was shutdown just prior to DO's release, DO was basically saved by EA.  Who had licence to do what after all this farce god only knows.  There was a few bits about on Dark omen 2 but I don't think DO sold enough to justify a sequel. 

The Myth series was awsome but I don't believe it generated the sales to keep it going.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
hage
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2010, 11:06:32 PM »

Ya I know what you mean Hage i've played nexus as well.  It's a good game although it would be far better if they simplified the inteface and stoped the ai pissing around with your ships and instead made the ships do what you told them to do, grrr.

i think of nexus and dark omen as puzzle games, you get set resources and you need to figure out how to accomplish a set task.  Mechcommander is similar in that respect, and also sydnicate come to think of it.

Never heard of the latter two, i'll be sure to check them out! Thanks.

Another old favorite is Wanted: Dead or Alive (only the original). I suppose that one would go into the same category, even thou there's no rpg elements or any kinds of upgrades. But still has a nice feel to it.

Ah yes Nexus and controls...started playing it and gave up after a while frustrated with them. Came back to it a few months later and stuck out the learning curve. Actully worked perfectly for me in the end, don't recall anyting bothering me. Either way, definately work stucking with it, probably the best feeling i had playing a new game in years.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: