April 18, 2024, 09:54:40 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: How to beat the last battle (Black Pyramid).  (Read 32069 times)
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: October 04, 2009, 04:00:03 PM »

It seems, that I play very boring...I always shoot the Dread King with archers+X-bows and then go into CC (last lvl who cares losts Wink)

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Jim
Developer

Goblin Jim, Commander of Greenskins

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 07, 2009, 04:50:08 AM »

I was intrigued by the way of killing Dread King with Volodimir. Actually I've never taken him in the last battle at all, cause Luther was several levels more poweful at this moment.
Today I decided to try. And it went well  Smiley

Vova the KingDQ | by Aeva

My GameRanger ID: 2332541
Online Map shuffler
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2009, 09:19:38 AM »

you are kidding me HAHAHA that is one of the coolest things ive ever seen, ive used the ice mage to get the catapults never the dread king

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Lindar
Night Goblin Archer

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2009, 10:21:21 PM »

hey guys, I'm new to this forum, I've looked around a bit and its realy fun Smiley

But about the last level, what I did was just stay where you are and kill the waves that come at you. Then when the waves stop, move you're best unit (In my case Grudgebringer cavalier equiped with rune fang, horn, and arcane banner (sorry, but I dont remember the exact names right now)) and killed a group of skelly archers and a catapult on my way, then I the Dread king came at me, I shot him+the necromancer when they came at me. Then just kill the rest of mummys that come at you.

BTW I used the bright mage to kill the catapults (equiped with all special mage items). Just teleport behind them and burn em down, like he said: =That wich is dead may still burn Smiley
Lord Ludwig
Giant Spider

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2009, 05:44:08 PM »

The first time I got to fight the final battle there just was no way I could win it, no matter how many times I tried. I noticed however two things: 1) the more experienced units survived longer; 2) I killed a lot of my own by not halting cannon and mortar fire in time (I'm not that good at real time micromanagement, I do a lot better in turn based Grin)
So I came to a drastical solution: I replayed the campaign deciding right from the start which were going to be the final 10 units, and thus giving xp only to them. The list was, at first, easily made: grudgebringer cavalry (forced, and one of the best anyway), grudgebringer crossbows, ragnar wolves, fire mage, flagellants, ogres, elven bows, pistoliers. The rest was a bit harder. The ice mage requires a lot of micromanagement and is hard to get experienced; greatswords and dwarves more or less suck, cannons are dangerous for your own people... so I took the grudgebringer infantry, which is nothing to write home about but at least you get it from the start, and never deployed cannons, mortar, steam tank. Some levels were a nightmare without their long reach, but in the end my units were all at full xp or close, and the final battle was, if not really easy, finally winnable. Then I experimented a little with less than 10 units, I can't really remember what was the lowest number I managed to beat the dread king with, but I do remember once killing about 90% of the undead  with the fire mage.
Kyjja
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2009, 01:47:13 AM »

Yes, you can kill the king with Tornado, but it is more efficient to cast the maximum tornado at the same time (the best is to spend all your magic points). The three first nado will be negated, then the other will surely hit the king.
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2009, 05:30:32 PM »

Bah, I stay and I wait until every Mummie coming is dead; if there's am moment no mummie come, I go with my Grudebringer Cavalry with Grudebringer Sword, Ptolos and Banner of Wut(I don't now the English word, Banner of angry?!). So I go around, and kill the archers and the Katapult(I don't now the English word, too). If the next mummies come, I go back to my troops. If the Dread King is coming, I take my Fire Mager and do some of the Area Spells(Meteorit) after 3, the Dread King is dead and I can go on with the same thing i did before.
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2009, 05:33:59 PM »

I think you mean the banner of wrath and a mortar.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Zywy
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 24, 2009, 11:22:29 AM »

Driving trough mummies is a good strategy.
Driving troug Lich King is eaven better:)
I've charged the steamtank too forward, the LichKing atacks the tank - i got no other choice to atack him(too slow to retreat) and...ST drive through it  - King dies in the event:))

I,ve got witnesses on this:)Smiley
Last battle - less than 15 minutes

Sorry, for bad english

Zymeth
Orc Boy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2010, 08:13:05 PM »

I soon lost the three then five regiments, I thought the game would be lost.

the fire magician the Necromancer and the king dred killed by meteor

in the end I had grudge one unit of kav and I to the fire magician and the wood elves make hit and run und so win the game  Grin Grin Grin
Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 21, 2010, 08:54:48 PM »

Want the final level you get when you lose against count carstein, the black grail, and the Hand of Nagash? Smiley

You get to fught against the hand and the black grail as well as the usual stuff you get on the final lvl.

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2010, 05:18:45 PM »

And dont forget that the Dread King wants to beat you in a mental way by saying "Juwel, give me power!" every few seconds Wink.

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2010, 06:41:52 PM »

I was intrigued by the way of killing Dread King with Volodimir. Actually I've never taken him in the last battle at all, cause Luther was several levels more poweful at this moment.
Today I decided to try. And it went well  Smiley

Vova the King

little offtopic but i see game is lagging. meaning you runing the game at CPU high details
i had same thing, but if you try CPU and average details game willnt lag at all. it plays WAY better.

you also need to install high quality textures from main DO site though. and even after that graphic will suck but you will get used to it, speed is way more benefecial, at least for me

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: