April 25, 2024, 01:30:38 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: hello fellow DO players! :D  (Read 9909 times)
Lyk
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2010, 08:21:20 PM »

it been a long time since i played this game last... Grin
i just found out that this fan site existet! Cheesy
it still one of... if not the best WHFB game to date! :Smiley

anyways... I was wondering if its true what one of my friends says.... that if you accept no side missions and hurry forward to the last mission it will be easyer?  Tongue
is it tru or what? Huh?
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2010, 09:33:49 PM »

Hello Lyk... The final mission only changes if you FAIL in all your quests.

You will face: Hand of Nagash, Black Grail,... and Dread King itself Smiley

However its a funny battle if you look for a Hard scenario.
HarlotsEvisceration
Night Goblin

Abomination

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2010, 09:35:16 PM »

There's a lot of difference between one mission and the next, for example skipping protecting bogenhafen means you don't get the item the book of ashur, however because you skip it you get to helmgart in time before the undead over run it, so you defend instead of attack.

It doesn't have any bearing on the very final mission in the game, but it will cause problems for some of the mini-bosses, like the hand of nagash has more troops if you stop to help the ogres and ragnars wolves (but you get the ogres and ragnars wolves to compensate for that) same with the black grail, if you decide to go off and help the elves you gain archers and the spelleater shield, but you lose the knights of the realm.

It's up to you what you want to do, I personally take my time and gather the extra troops.

The only way to make the final mission harder is to lose any of the mini quests, eg hand of nagash or the black grail. Which I really would not advise, especially if you skipped getting troops.

You taught me hate, I'll teach you fear.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2010, 11:33:10 PM »

Welcome Lyk, it's a Great Time to Join!

http://forum.dark-omen.org/introduction/great-time-to-join-t696.0.html

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
Lyk
Giant Scorpion

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2010, 11:56:39 PM »

welll how do you install all this updates? sounds awsome!
but since im not that geeky with a computer i just want to hear how to install it before i destory any thing! Undecided
hari8
Big'un

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2010, 02:46:45 PM »

The first one is nesesscary for multiplayer gaming Wink
MeRLiN
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2012, 05:09:54 AM »

Hello guys! It has been a while since i played online. I registered an account on Game Rangers to play the game.
Do i need anyupdates to play online or do you guys just stick to the original version of the game.

Anyways i added many of you guys on my friend list ( i got your ID on the forum)
My nickname is MeRLiN so feel free to add me and i hope we'll get to play some good Dark Omen Games
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2012, 08:57:00 PM »

Hi and welcome to the Dark Omen Global Community, it's a great time to join!

http://forum.dark-omen.org/introduction/great-time-to-join-t696.0.html

So post your Gameranger ID and hope to see you on the battlefield soon.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/multiplayer/gameranger-a-new-place-to-play-dark-omen-online-t157.0.html

Monthly Tournaments are last Saturday of every month (next is Saturday 31st March 2012 5pm GMT 0 ) and we all use both Map packs (allows all 28 maps in multiplayer , instead of original 8 ) and then we all vote for Mod/Ruleset to use.

http://en.dark-omen.org/downloads/2.-modifications/1.-maps/index.html

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
MeRLiN
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 06, 2012, 03:22:44 AM »

Hey Olly!

My ID is 2592216 nickname MeRLiN
Having trouble playing a game against a new player czester ( as a HOST and also by only joining the game).
GOT the DirectPlay Helper Error.
I tried everything you guys posted on the forum nothing worked! It was weird cause i have played against Choco earlier ( he was the host) and it worked well.

Maybe am doing something wrong. Please help me with any other advices!!
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2012, 06:06:17 PM »

That's some strange problem some players have.
Against some players you can only connect (but not host) or vice versa and in worst case you can't connect at all. There is not really a fix for this (even with disabled firewall no luck).

olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 07:34:00 PM »

Well we certainly played ok, as me Host and please confirm if u applied the Direct Play fix I suggested last night ->

http://forum.dark-omen.org/multiplayer/gameranger-a-new-place-to-play-dark-omen-online-t157.0.html;msg7499#msg7499

I have known Game Ranger to get confused after a few matches but Rebooting the pc solves that problem and I can see you are currently playing Iterlion (Brapus).

I also got prompted by GameRanger to open Port 16000 on my Router, last month, for the 1st time. Also please check all Firewall, Defender, AntiVirus/Anti Spyware Services are actually disabled and stopped -> Control Panel ->Administrative Tools-> Services -> right Click Windows Firewall Service and Stop and Disable in Startup type.

Also check your Dark Omen folder size (hopefully you selected Full installation) as playing as Client doesn't require all the Dark Omen files, compared with Hosting.

Smiley
« Last Edit: March 06, 2012, 07:47:03 PM by olly » Logged

MeRLiN
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 08:48:53 PM »

Thank you for your advice Olly, i am currently downloading SP3 , hope it will fix the directplay bug!
I will also try to open a port for gameranger on my router.
I'll keep you guys in touch.

I can't host till now but at least i can join and play cool battles.

See you on the battlefield!
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 07, 2012, 01:21:26 AM »

*******UPDATE* Please turn off any Compatibility Win 98 Mode by right clicking EngRel.exe ->Properties ******

To fix the problems of not being able to Host on GameRanger when you get the DirectPlay Help error.

Microsoft DirectPlay Helper/Data Execution Prevention

That can easily be fixed by Ctrl Panel-->System--> Advanced->Performance Settings --->Data execution prevention and create an exemption for the programs - dplaysvr.exe is located in Windows/system32

However, even with this fix applied MerLin still could not Host until I finally discovered that if you have Compatibility mode 98 turned on, you will still receive the DirectPlay Help Error.

Please turn off any Compatibility by right clicking EngRel.exe ->Properties.

Thanks to Merlin for being patient and trying loads of different possible fixes until I discovered a post for MechWarrior 3 by someone who only got the error message when using compatibility mode.

http://www.mechwarrior3.org/wforum/viewtopic.php?p=42752&sid=b456bcc4c7e56773f9499082152959e2

Smiley

Any other problems with GameRanger - > Allow UDP port 16000 on your Router and disable the Windows Firewall Service  -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools ->> Services -> Stop and disable windows firewall and any other anti virus services. I will update my fix guide with this new discovery.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2012, 09:02:33 AM by olly » Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: