March 28, 2024, 03:49:14 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: few questions regarding mechanics DO  (Read 39917 times)
EvgenS
Ghoul

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: May 04, 2016, 03:29:23 PM »

Hello!
Does anyone know what dice system is used for rolls in original games (SOTHR and DO)?
As regiments stats and some other mechanics are taken from tabletop rules I presume it is supposed to be D6 system but still not 100% sure.

P.S.
sorry for necro-post

Dark Omen Reborn remake project
https://blackdogs.atlassian.net/wiki/spaces/DOR/overview

"- Our steam tank has been damaged, can you help us?
- I'm not a mechanic..."
https://youtu.be/Xg6zzI4BxoU?t=27m6s
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: May 04, 2016, 09:05:59 PM »

Always love discussing the engine, so yes it uses a single six sided dice. For instance, a player has to roll a five or a six for an Armour Save etc.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/singleplayer/sothr-game-mechanics-stats-t273.0.html

Smiley
« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 09:46:11 PM by olly » Logged

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
cuthalion
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2016, 03:33:41 PM »

A short remark on Chariot game mechanics, not sure whether it was noted before.
When an enemy chariot charges into my unit, the unit sometimes (but not always) shouts "We are under fire" as if enemy archers shoot at it.
Quite likely, this is the way chariot mechanics are implemented in DO: At times, it kills up to 4-5 units a second after it enters close combat.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2016, 08:14:18 PM »

Good to know, thanks

Smiley

and back in Nuln, the ageing Graf Berhardt smiled his secret smile of pride whenever he heard the latest tales of his eldest son's ever growing chain of glorious victories -(sothr manual)
kuchikirukia
Troll

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 18, 2021, 02:58:24 PM »

To save yourself a lot of clicking on the strength button you can just set a macro.  I use X-mouse Button Control to just have it repeatedly press "s" as long as mouse4 is pressed.
Using the same software to set mouse4 and mouse5 to copy and paste in Windows is also amazing.
olly
Global Spokesperson

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 18, 2021, 09:59:57 PM »

Sorry but to me that would detract from a key fun feature of the game, trying to micro manage whilst deciding to also boost at the same time is a classic challenge. Each to their own for Single player but I trust you wouldn't unfairly use it during a multiplayer game. Some of my best victories have left me exhausted at the end of a furious game boosting my troops throughout. Although it's well known to use a macro, I will have to sadly delete your post to maintain the purity of Dark Omen, no offence intended.

Smiley
« Last Edit: October 18, 2021, 10:49:14 PM by olly » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: