March 29, 2024, 02:37:54 AM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: A Few Questions  (Read 6890 times)
WarhammerFiend
Troll

View Profile
« on: September 13, 2009, 08:45:53 AM »

So, after the terrible disappointment that was Mark of Chaos (a decent game, but hardly worthy of the Warhammer franchise, especially given how it was hyped up) I pretty much have been hoping for a fresh Warhammer tactical game. Interestingly enough one existed all along that I had no knowledge of, Dark Omen. So I decided to give it a try and as of yet I've really enjoyed it! I do have a couple questions though, and I'd really appreciate it if anyone would be kind enough to answer them.

First of all, is there any mod that adds AI to multiplayer battles? I'm still very new to the game, so excuse my asking if a mod isn't necessary or the answer is obvious, but I play Vampire Counts in table top Warhammer and would very much like to play Undead in Dark Omen, something that you clearly cannot do in the campaign.

Secondly, I've been lurking around the forums for a while (a couple weeks at the most) and I saw mention of other mods. Mods that add new races and units to the game, complete with artwork and so forth. What mods are available for download currently? How does one go about installing mods anyway?

Well that's it. I must apologize if this is the wrong forum to post these sort of questions, but I didn't see any general Dark Omen forum, so I thought this would be the best place.

Once again, thanks in advance for any and all help.

Cheers.

sipax
Campaign Creator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2009, 09:44:52 AM »

No, i think in multiplayer you can only play with player. (why not? create undead army and play against player with empire race or somthing like that. isnt its better than computer player)

- -
Urblab Rotgut: "My name's Urblab Rotgut."
Morgan Bernhardt: "That's your problem"
- -
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2009, 01:38:31 PM »

[Jeronimo] Hello WarhammerFiend.

Here we use to play Dark Omen Tournaments at the end of every month (yes, we would like you to take part on it)

Playing against humans is much better than AI (she doesnt know of white tricks or how to surprise you)

You asked if there is any MOD... Im working on it. Will be posted in 16th of this month, because will be used in the Tournament that will take part in day 26/9 (saturday)
It doesnt add new Regiments, the main goal was to "balance" prices, you clearly notice how imba are prices when seeing that Black Grail Knights (BGK) cost 1350, like Knights of the Realm... And BGK is triple better Cheesy
Also Items prices are bad in DO! Horn of Urgok cost only 750 when can almost win a battle for its own!

You will find this Mod in Rulesets page. Bye Bye.

ito maquiesves
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2009, 02:13:01 PM »

First of all, is there any mod that adds AI to multiplayer battles?

No because the whole AI is programmed by using a Scriptlanguage and waypoints which are both different for every map. So adding an AI to another map would do nothing and the DO AI is really dump, afaik it can only follow waypoints and attack the enemy when it sees one Wink.
Because we are not able to decrypt the script-files we can't modify the AI...
So our answer at the moment is NO

What mods are available for download currently? How does one go about installing mods anyway?

You can find some Mods in our Download Section, the largest (and oldest) collection should be DOC111. It has lots of modded sprites and campaign (no map modifications due to lack of an editor).
More Mods can be found in the Mod-Section and a more up-to-date version can be directly found in our forum (scroll down to the bottom there are the Mod-Forums). We add the mods slowly to our download section on the website Wink.
At least the newer Mods include readme files that tell you how to install them. DOC111 has batch-scripts that "install" the mod but I don't really like them *g*.

Well that's it. I must apologize if this is the wrong forum to post these sort of questions, but I didn't see any general Dark Omen forum, so I thought this would be the best place.

Well I also dunno which forum would be the best for it Wink

alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2009, 03:14:55 PM »

//OT:

for those who dont kniw i've found what *g* means:
*g*       the shortcut for grin
Wow, that is so cute *g*

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Villentrettenmeth
Night Goblin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2009, 08:54:33 PM »

Hello there! Grin

Few of You should remember Me (I hope so). I have few questions:

1. Have you done any new stuff?

2. Any changes? Mean: new battlefields, new units?

3. Anubody fixed that goddamn' chariot in MP? Grin

I am glad to be back with U guys Cheesy

tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2009, 10:39:17 PM »

@WarhammerFiend

not sure where but somewhere on this forum u can find an undead campaign(since u mentioned u wanted to play singleplayer with a vampire count)
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2009, 02:11:15 PM »

Hi

1. Have you done any new stuff?

http://forum.dark-omen.org/campaigns-b36.0/

2. Any changes? Mean: new battlefields, new units?

http://forum.dark-omen.org/sprites-b26.0/

3. Anubody fixed that goddamn' chariot in MP? Grin

Sadly not, I don't know if anyone tried it yet.

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 04:13:35 PM »

Maybe the Chariots causes too much traffic and then DO display a "Connection lost" message. But Hand of Nagash seams to work.
And Wesstwoodboy played with Chariot in LAN-Network and it worked there, so the bandwidth Could be a reason.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: