April 16, 2024, 12:55:55 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New Balance 7k  (Read 10490 times)
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« on: November 30, 2009, 04:25:45 PM »

New Balance 7k

This modification edits units prices, few units size and magic items cost. It was made with hope to balance 3 races a little better than default DO, also i was having in mind playing this with 7k gc armies but i think it is also balanced in 3k 5k and 9k. It might need some polishing so if any imbalanced things will be noticed post them here and maybe updates will follow ;] Enjoy

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Rules:
Up to 3 same units in army
Extra armour allowed
Army cannot exceed 10 points

Point System:
Each regiment equals 1 point

Horn of u equals 2 points
Skarrab sword equals 1 point
Banner of wrath equals 1 point
Staff of osiris equals 1 point
Potion of strenght / dragom helm / enchanced shield equals 0,25 point
Rest of the items equals 0,5 point

////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

In attachment you got edited army files and a xml file with changes that have been done, also backup of original files.

http://New_Balance_v1.0.rar.html
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 06:35:43 PM by Ghabry » Logged
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2009, 06:34:46 PM »

gah don't post EngRel.exe files pls, copyright issues...

Create a patch file e.g.: LIPS

"Create Patch" -> Old File -> New File -> anyname.ips

Upload the ips-file.
(We had this discussion before in the FairOmen Topic)

A better solution will come soon!

Edit: New Balance with patch-files:
* New Balance.zip (0.02 KB - downloaded 880 times.)

* New Balance.zip (0.02 KB - downloaded 880 times.)
« Last Edit: November 30, 2009, 07:46:36 PM by Ghabry » Logged

tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 03:11:47 AM »

as i read this,and got irritated by the copyright stuff again,i thought in 1 month things will end cause their copyright ends in 2009,but i forgot where i found this info(that their copyright ends in 2009)since i havent had a copy of the game for many years i cant get it from the back of the game,and i tried to look at pictures of the gamecover but when u zoom in its to blurry to read the fine print.i am sure someone out there has a copy of the game and cans et me straight as to what the game says about its copyright(what year does it end?)

but looking for the copyright info i came across a review of dark omen and was shocked at the reviewers complete incompetence to comprehend the game(link:http://www.answers.com/topic/warhammer-dark-omen-game-1)i had not read this before but this review is probably a 10 years old...since its a dark omen review.

but when this person writes things like:

The enemies are only seen in regiment format, so you never get a feel for them or what they look like. The repetitive scenery on the battlefield and the all-too-easy battles will make even the most hardcore RPG/strategy player cringe. In the end, Warhammer: Dark Omen is a failed attempt at bringing an engrossing RPG into the video game world.(i gues this person doesnt understand warhammer as all warhammer is in regiments,and since he complains alot about the graphics and that warhammer fans would be dissapointed about this game,i bet he would love mark of chaos.most warhammer fans i know accept dark omen as an amazing transformation from tabletop to videogame)

Once the battle is over, you end up in camp mode or in front of a prince. Either way, you will be "treated" to more pop-up windows with talking heads that, in most cases, just go off on a rant. The information they give can range from completely useless to somewhat interesting. Then it's time to debrief your men and buy more soldiers or better armaments before heading off for the next mission.(well excuse the game for trying to have a story,this can be said of every single game ever made.the story is indeed useless info if u dont want to know the story just skip it)

The game is fun for the first three missions, but gets old fast. There isn't any real strategy here, so you won't be thinking much while playing.(if he plays on anything else then easy and he played to Helmgard and he did not do much thinking while playing i bet he lost all his regiments by the time he got through the great forest,there is no way ud get to the end and be able to defeat the dread king without putting alot of thought in it)

It's not very clear as to what the ultimate goal of the game is. The explanation of how to use the interface and how to move your troops is confusing.(wow someone who doesnt understand the meaning of the game dark omen :s and he even compliments the into clip that basicly alrdy explains the meaning,save the old world from the undead.and this interface is so easy i played this game when i was 12years old,if its to hard for this guy....retard)

The voice acting doesn't match the character's movements. The music is simply annoying. (the voices r awsome and the music is repetative tho enjoyable)

Once you're done, if you can actually continue after about an hour, you're done. (im not 100%sure on what he means here,i gues if u play playstation and dont press the start button after ur done ur mission will last forever...yea some retards cant even press start and are therefor stuck what a terrible game...or what aterrible player)

this person may want to get a job wearing a fluo jacket and help kids cross the road...cause he sure shouldnt be making a career in videogame industry.

srr for offtopic :p this review just irritated me and i wanted to vent after i had read it.and please do read this review and marvell at what a dumbass the writer must be when he cant seem to figure out a game that my 6year old handicapt cousin could easely play....complaining about not being able to figure out how to aim arhcers,im surprised this guy can clothe himself.
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 07:49:14 AM »

lol i more impressed your effort of re-typing this article Smiley

some people just dont like strategies

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 09:17:38 PM »

hahahaha,srr about the drunken rant of me in above post :p

Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 09:30:46 PM »

cool i love spammers tovertrut

anyways if anyone wanna test it with me pm me on hamachi ill give you files as forum police dont let me hehe ;]
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 10:47:17 PM »

@tovertrut: I also cant stand bad reviewers. They simply cant reach essence of game, staying at surface of elements.

@Wkurwiony: A player called Crusoe, once proposed a system with 7k. Check at "Unique Table Points" Topic.
Will be interesting 4 you... I also wanted to participate in a 7k Tournament some day.

Congrats, 3rd place. You seem to be skilled player Pink Grail. Wink
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 10:49:42 PM »

I tested it and it seems alright except for greesnkins. They really really suck. I also thing horn of urgok should be more expensive.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 10:59:24 PM »

yeah great games warhammerfreak ;] as i said those were most exciting games i played specially the first one hehe i wish i recoreded that ;]

imo that horn isnt imbalanced any more it takes 2 slots and cost 2,750 so those are in terms of gc another 2, the problem is that GS dont have any natural unbreakable unit they can have only one with BoD ;/ and i dont know how would people react to modded stats even if its adding unbreakable skill to one regiment for balance sake... if people are cool with it im thinking making bigguns lvl 2 with that or a troll ;]

@jeronimo i might check it thx
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2009, 05:49:51 PM »

i added one unbreakable unit to greenskins "Da Immortulz (black orcs)". still have to make some work on unit sprites, now they are repainted bigguns with added axe hope it look like axe Wink

i heard copyrights will end in 2009 so ill post here packed files with engrel than, and maybe try to make some mini tourney in january if ill find people willing to participate
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2009, 07:04:16 PM »

Copyright ends 50 years after the creator/firm dies...

Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2009, 07:27:27 PM »

well tovertrut was saying something about this... well this is weird i mean, there are pirate servers of the latest games and nobody chases them, they are tons of illegal programs/games on torrents and nobody chases them... and your woried about 12 years old game that have a active community of about 30 people? ;] well i guess i wont post it here.. ill give a name of hamachi channel and password if they wont be deleted Tongue
Wkurwiony
Skeleton Warrior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2009, 03:35:35 PM »

Ok if anyone wants to give a shot, come to hamachi DarkOmenNewBalance password darkomen

You will get informations about download etc in welcome message ;]
tovertrut
Mummy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2009, 05:59:21 PM »

wow,50years,i knew music was that long but i thought software was different,as there are often games u can legaly download just because they are like 10years old.

the idea that it takes so long before anyone can fully legaly do stuff with this awesome but abandoned game is truly saddening.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: