March 28, 2024, 01:40:40 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FO Tournament  (Read 13080 times)
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2009, 04:44:17 PM »

For not losing Dark Omen values, make a copy of original "2parm" and keep it in a safe place.
Overwrite carpet "2parm" from GameData with the new "2parm" from my Mod: This has the Regiments changes.

You could deliver a backup of the files with your mod Smiley (called 2parm_back or something like that)

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2009, 05:50:53 PM »

~ english only ~
« Last Edit: August 25, 2009, 05:55:00 PM by bembelimen » Logged

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2009, 11:06:16 PM »

[Jeronimo] Good idea Bembelimen, I will include a backup for 2parm and EngRel.orig, so people saves time.
Texts changes (in the game) and the DOC. I will add about Swords "complete bonus".

Not surprising. Ogres didnt cause fear, although in the text is written. And the same with Swords, you are not knowing all reality about them because arent well described.

You read things like "strike twice harder" or "Regiment wields a weapon that makes them hit with the anger of storms" texts that may confuse and not give clear definitions of their advantages.
In fact, what they do is "hit through all armors" , besides their bonus. Why do you think in normal DO shields give +1armor and a effect cost only 500, while swords like infernal, grudgebringer cost 625 and you know their effect, but their passive bonus?
That will clear any doubts... Yes, Wraiths units have the "Wraith Armor" if you check with Editor (thats the real truth behind the Wraiths explanation text)
This information will change forever how swords are considered.
Believe me, people is going to use them in a more effecient way: attack cavalries that have already 2 basic armors, perhaps with a Magic shield (becomes 3 armor)... always try to engage your Regiments with Swords against enemy Regiments with Magic Shields.

The time to correct Dark Omen is now. Wink
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 11:11:56 PM by lordbraprus » Logged

ito maquiesves
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2009, 07:38:50 AM »

[Jeronimo] I found some (few) extra balances to do, like some 7 Empire Regiments more expensive (+60), Troll (-60) and Black Grail (-180) a bit cheaper.
Also make more detailed descriptions besides swords: difference between those who cause fear and those who cause terror (I was revising DO texts and I found that all of them just cause fear... people should know which Regiments cause "lots of fear")
Dont worry. All this stuff will be uploaded 1 week before playing September Tournament. I think I´ll be able to play, considering the whole resting week university gives to students due the Spring Day. So...  Cool

Alavet, I read you won 5k/15 Tournament. Congratulations.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 07:45:10 AM by lordbraprus » Logged

ito maquiesves
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2009, 02:07:25 PM »

Dont worry. All this stuff will be uploaded 1 week before playing September Tournament.

A little bit short for an untested ruleset....

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2009, 11:04:37 PM »

[Jeronimo] Bembelimen, as soon as I return home, I will do it.

Another things i will change is zombies (-60), wraiths (+60) gold cost.
Oh.. about Regiments descriptions which cause fear and terror, I realized that Mercenary Ogres cause Terror in fact.
Like Trolls, Wraiths, etc. says "cause fear", but doing comparison between them and others my conclusion is that they cause terror: few or single units cause terror, many units in a regiment cause fear. Is the balance of game.
Take this as aditional info about game. My next Doc will have a full analysis.

ito maquiesves
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2009, 12:35:20 AM »

It's likely that we will use this ruleset for the tournament (to test it and make improvements and so on, like with the other rulesets before).

A finished version for the tournament should be out 2 weeks earlier (12th September) for testing around and for discussions how the tournament shall take part (how many fights and so on).

Because it's something different compared to the point rulesets 2 weeks should be ok imo.

lordbraprus
Crossbowman

wiiiii

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2009, 08:37:05 PM »

[Jeronimo] Ghabry, we can test those 2 weeks earlier with the TD (Tournament) I designed:

3 duels - best of 3 games (you will play at least 6 matches to end your participation in first stage )---Last Tournaments
2 duels - best of 5 games (you will play at least 6 matches to end your participation in first stage )---My Purpose

Dont be troubled by time: I played with my brother to calculate this, and our duel lasted less of an hour.
Means same amount of battles, but against 2 plaeyrs instead of 3. Why? Because this is the only true way to USE all armies against a same opponent (Imo this is the best way to make a duel)

Players, try to change your Tournaments habits.
This is important too, since Im offering the first Tournament based on Experince progress; (This is too different from Conquest, everything changes when gold costs are more accessible, so dont "guide" ur opinions considering Conquest)

Would be not only 1st FO tournament, also with Experience, new system best of 5 games (2 duels), changes to current Rules ("Hit & Walk", "Draw Condition"), employ of a Dark Omen Code (optional, you are not forced to, but EXISTS now hehehe), Sudden Death Battle (SDB), etc.

In few words, a SUPER IMPACT at once. 2 weeks of test (for all I suggest)

ito maquiesves
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: