March 28, 2024, 12:19:23 PM

Username
Password

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: FAIR OMEN (After 1º Tournament)  (Read 24301 times)
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2009, 12:45:14 PM »

After revising all the weak points, I return once more with a Stronger Mod/Rulesets.

Of course... I will appreciate your opinion. I need good/bad critics.

For example:
-The new order of Regiments is horrible...
-I like the new Hit & Walk conditions!

Consider this as a "Test needed" Work. Even myself can't assure "total balance" because haven't proved how perform in battle the GS Monsters Squads (and prices in relation with Ogres).

Download

INSTALLATION

First of all, extract files where Dark Omen is installed.
For not losing Original DO values, my ZIP has brings a carpet named “DO_Backup”.

Overwrite carpet "2parm" from GameData with the new "2parm" from my Mod.
This carpet has all the Regiments changes/new organization.

To patch EngRel, you must use program LIPS. My EngRel archive brings the new Items costs:
1) Run Lunar IPS program, press "Apply IPS Patch" (a window opens), click on the Heart Icon called FO.EngRel from my Mod. A new window opens…
2) “Select File to Patch”: change Type below from "Most Common ROM Files" to "All Files (*.*)" and click on the EngRel archive of Dark Omen (with this you change the Old EngRel for the New).
After patching, a message will appear saying that you have made the operation successfully.

Returning to original game is the same procedure (using obviously the Backup archives).
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 09:07:54 AM by Ghabry, Reason: New Version » Logged
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 04:15:33 PM »

I have some problems to understand some points:

WALK: The problem is “Hit & Run” tactic of Wizards.
[...]
Condition to activate Hit & Walk: You must have 5 or less Army’s Regiments.

So this means, if I'm a good player and kill enough regiments from my opponent, I will get punished for this and have to curtail my wizard?

BUG: This word refers too Wizard’s bug when it gets stuck and cant use magic.
[...]
To solve the problem, enemy must engage him in close combat as soon as possible.
The Wizard cant be attacked during Bug and when problem is fixed, he has first 5 seconds of Immunity

So I have to attack the wizard, but I'm not allowed to attack the wizard  Shocked ? And when there is a CC I'm not allowed to hit the wizard? Or do I have to flee? Or how should I guarantee its immunity?

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 10:05:01 PM »

Hello.

First of all, thanks for revising the text and writing your doubts.

I re-upload the doc with those sections better specified. Also I forgot to remove some "old version" info.

Your questions has been responded in new archive.

WALK: Problem is not Hit & Run. That tactic is allowed. The main resolution of my new conditions is providing protection to small armies or to those who are losing the battle against a single super wizard.
If you are good player,you will try to do all damage you can, always trying to not killing his regiments, but yes damaging them preety well.

Because the Wings should have been a spell of 3 points (and everything solved), this rule should be taking into account to also make Hit & Run less abused.

BUG: Magic Immunity (now clarified)... Yes that part was not clear...

I appreciate your post: is needed to correct some "loose texts" or similar, you understand.
Keep writing Smiley .

Can you delete first attachment? This new has been pulished up.        Thanks Gabriel. Wink
« Last Edit: December 15, 2009, 09:08:14 AM by Ghabry » Logged
Jim
Developer

Goblin Jim, Commander of Greenskins

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2009, 04:46:58 PM »

After I played the November tournament, with 3k/10 system, I really think that I'll vote for FO as a format of the next one.
The battles from the FO-tournament were the most exciting and fun DO-games which I've ever seen.
3k/10 and 5k/10 are quite boring I have to say.
Don't know why. (Videos just proove it).
So I would really advise for the community to think about FO. And may be make some collaborative effort to make the system more perfect (although it was pretty much balanced already).

My GameRanger ID: 2332541
Online Map shuffler
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 02:37:24 PM »

After a first tourny i told i will never play more FO, my decision not changed.

I'm not saying that FO is a bad system, but i dont like it.
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 10:40:37 PM »

@Nitrox: I want to hear your dislikes at least (if isnt much effort). Better a rude commentary instead of incognity.

I suppose that was the "whole unique experience", dont know Nitrox... tell me why ur feeling of disaprovement.

PD: Im a bit "dissapeared" from activity in the forum. Means Im waiting for a special moment.

With my return, I will propose a Mini-Tournament at middle month with the goal of testing new features with Community. Everyone will be invited (included you Nitrox).

Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 10:53:00 PM »

I'm dont like it.... By total, sorry but i need to think bout arguments i made this post by quick. But i'm dont like it by total Tongue dont ask me why, it's my feeling. And btw, i'm not "All" of the players for community, so why you wanna change my decision about FO? Improve it for others players i'm maybe join it in future......
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 11:00:04 PM »

Haha Nitrox! I either dont know why my obsession with you.

OK if you have a negative feeling about Mod, but not nothing else.

See you in future... Nitrox.
Nitrox
Skeleton Archer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 11:05:08 PM »

Yes i'm got negative feeling dont know why, maybe because in first FO tourny ...I will say the truth, the mod has suck, Hit And run, Many Black Grails etc, etc.... If player's will tell me that it's a good mod i will try it Tongue.
Jim
Developer

Goblin Jim, Commander of Greenskins

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2009, 11:14:26 PM »

With my return, I will propose a Mini-Tournament at middle month with the goal of testing new features with Community. Everyone will be invited (included you Nitrox).

Great idea! I'll stay tuned Wink
Cause 1 tournament per month is not much.

But I must get the most precise instructions about patching DO for FO. Cause last time I did it — it was a disaster. Had to reinstall DO totally after all, which was pain in the butt.

My GameRanger ID: 2332541
Online Map shuffler
bembelimen
Crossbowman

Who am I and how many?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2009, 11:18:58 PM »

Cause 1 tournament per month is not much.

As we said a lot of time: feel free to create your own tournaments in the tournament forum, it is not admin only, everyone who found enough member can create a tournament and if someone want to moderate an "official" (bad word, I know) tournament, we're happy to give you the chance, just PM me Wink

"Sir we are surrounded!!!" "Excellent, then we can attack in any direction."
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 12:04:25 AM »

Interesting. Tournaments every 2 weeks would increase +50% activity and Hall of fame score.

Some players may prefer Tournaments with more money, others with less money (without mentioning the preferences for systems).

I suggest Middles & Ends of each month. MT (middle Tournament), ET (end Tournament).

Examples: January MT 5k/FO (Middle January Tournament, with 5k, system Fair Omen)
              January ET 9k/DOTS (End January Tournament, with 9k, system DOTS)

Of course 2 days to confirmate, playing saturdays, etc... Whats your opinion?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 12:11:43 AM by Jeronimo » Logged
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2009, 02:17:36 AM »

Admins: I actually never thought FO was going to be vote for a Tournament again... seeing that some are interested I hurried my production (I was working in something simpler, in all terms).
This is a request of replacing the version again, I had enough time to meditate and recreate Mod.

I promised once Total Freedom. Nothing like playing a Tourney naked, but yes free choices in the armybuild.
This time I could achieve in my ambitions: 36.000gc all Regiments and 10.000gc all Items.

INSTALLATION

First of all, extract files where Dark Omen is installed.
For not losing Original DO values, my ZIP has brings a carpet named “DO_Backup”.

Overwrite carpet "2parm" from GameData with the new "2parm" from my Mod.
This carpet has all the Regiments changes/new organization.

To patch EngRel, you must use program LIPS. My EngRel archive brings the new Items costs:
1) Run Lunar IPS program, press "Apply IPS Patch" (a window opens), click on the Heart Icon called FO.EngRel from my Mod. A new window opens…
2) “Select File to Patch”: change Type below from "Most Common ROM Files" to "All Files (*.*)" and click on the EngRel archive of Dark Omen (with this you change the Old EngRel for the New).
After patching, a message will appear saying that you have made the operation successfully.

Returning to original game is the same procedure (using obviously the Backup archives).

* Dark Omen (Mod).zip (79.49 KB - downloaded 481 times.)
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2009, 07:12:03 AM »

hi Jeronimo, i've just noticed that in current version of .doc file there is a modified units in q-ty (like Gigantic Spiders   3) or (Giant Scorpions   6   1800)
are you going to submit this sytem as it is, or you gonna change it back to original regiment heads?

i personally very like idea, but just to know.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 07:36:39 PM »

Answering the question to Alavet.

Yes, of course they will keep at 3/3, 6/6. Im eager to test them in battlefield too.

The "changes" I did were something like... Normal Goblins Infantry 240 initial cost instead of 300... things like that.

Previous FO: Scorpions 6/6 were at 1200. In the update they are at 1800gc (+600gc because dont really how good are, but I suppose they will have very good performance).
Similar with Spiders 3/3: Previous were at 660, now at 960.

Reason is to destroy my SEC idea for a Mod that pretends Freedom in choices, so you see these "high prices" in order to dissuade... same did with other Cool Regiments. A bit more expensive that should be.
Not special troops, like goblins or empire fighters have still their normal-low start prices.

PD: See the new DOC has only 6 pages!       Before had 9 pages...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 08:09:34 PM by Jeronimo » Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: