March 29, 2024, 02:20:04 AM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Battle Communication Code  (Read 23862 times)
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2010, 08:03:44 PM »

no

i agree

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2010, 08:55:11 PM »

I clarify, is NOT "1 spell lvl 2 & 1 spell lvl 3" per round. I bet you misunderstood the sentence.

1 magic cycle lasts 25 sec (I counted myself)
Is not much time, and makes Wizards to be more tactical. Avoid that 1 player cast on you 3 Meteors in a row..
(at much 2, one 5 seconds before magic cycle, and then when you listen the thunder sound).

Think in Fists of Gork, how can u win with (Infantry/cavalry) him if he has that spell? The Shaman cast Fists every time he engages and ends killing everything.. My suggestion of max 1 Fists per magic cycle is good IMO.

Remember they dont have cut neither False charges nor Teleports. Its a kind of gameplay to make Wizards less annoying (and think well in which ocasion cast the spells).

Also, if you want to cast more spells in 1 Round (25 sec), you will have "the" others spells (typical when you have 1 flame skull and fire ray, you end casting 2 fire skulls because makes more damage & breaks morale..., but now you may use both in same Round if you are in hurry).

Those "never used spells lvl 2/3" now could appear in our battles. This special behaviour affects all Wizards (since everyone has something better in relation with other same Spells level).

Considering their "cheap cost" and that nothing else is written for them, I consider this little behaviour (with all its advantages) a nice way to reduce Wizards abuse of Mega-Spells in a row.
PD: Necromancer and Bright Wizard -60 initial cost for next "2parm" (from 900 to 840, evolution is cheaper as well).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 09:02:52 PM by Jeronimo » Logged
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2010, 09:04:31 PM »

i see no point in such limitation. there aren't many situations when u gonna see x2 metoers in a row, or x2 morks foot.

and if u manage to do these spells double time (which not really to do with proper quality) i think that's what you deserve.

fists of gork very easilly countered by anti magic or even scare factors...

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2010, 09:18:20 PM »

i see no point in such limitation. there aren't many situations when u gonna see x2 metoers in a row, or x2 morks foot.

and if u manage to do these spells double time (which not really to do with proper quality) i think that's what you deserve.

fists of gork very easilly countered by anti magic or even scare factors...

You can still 2 meteors in a row (before changing magic cycle and after it). Yes... you deserve it.
I opin like WHF, wont be that different as now, but matters.

And its only limitation, since players can do "hit n run" as they want. Taking out False charge is not useful: Limiting their uber spells to 1 per 25 seconds, is much more effective.

Point of everything is editing armies without having to think (uy! I should have 5 regiments to write WALK at beggining), well not more those Thoughts. Now make 4, 5, 6, etc (what you want)

Was clearly shown in past Tourney, such promissed "Total Freedom!" doesnt exist if I have in my mind the fact that with 5 Regs i can tell my enemy what to do... Freedom is after all, a psychological feeling.

PD: Items have average cost in my version (check Doc file). Not cheap, you will prefer 1 more Ranged Regiment.

@Flak: Btw, this adds more tactic: Which Spells to use first, if wait until next Cycle to cast again Soul Drain or cast right now a Black Arzu Horror (1 of ugliest spells in game), the position of my wizard, etc.

@Everyone: Lets face that all spells arent well balanced between them, thats why we players cast always 2 meteors, instead of 1 meteor/1 dancing swords... I still reafirm my position.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 09:41:17 PM by Jeronimo » Logged
Flak
Super Moderator

Jake Nielsen

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2010, 11:08:55 PM »

I must agree with alavet on this

also when making in game rules, such rules cant be black and white because it all happens in the heat of a moment, each player will then interpret and apply the rules to different effect, esp like when exactly was the last meteor sent down and the 2 players may not agree on how close the rules are followed and then we have the arguments and feelings of unfair gameplay.

Not to mention that to get a 3rd level mage with ashur and wand of jet, you spend alot of money and will have a weak army so the mage is very very vital to any chance of winning and to then be limited to use your magic makes little sense.

Remember that 1 cannon or well placed archer shot will kill a mage, they are not invincible even at 3rd level

"There is only one way out of hell, thats through it" -- General Patton

"Just because a mage wears the Black Robes, does not make him evil." -- Raislin Magere

"Evil Turns upon it self" -- Paladine
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2010, 01:18:24 AM »

@Flak, Alavet: Would you prefer battles without any regulation?

Perhaps only Wizard's Teleport Destinations?
These destinations "near a regiment" avoid having them teleporting from corner to corner in order to gain lots of magic points and play extreme lame... This mini-rule makes wings tactic not so annoying.

Now concerning to the "WizardL3 +Jet+Ashur = weak army" is not true.

(Orc Shaman/Ice Mage L3: 1320)+ (Jet: 640)+ (Ashur: 320)= 2280
2280 would be aprox the 1/4 (2250) of 9k: there are cheap regiments to fullfill, but even this way you can get strong regiments, like flaggelants (960gc) or Spiders (960gc).

Treeman and 6/6 Scorpions cost 1800...  2280 is just +480 and is able to do "well used" a lot more damage..
Is not obligation to have L3, you can have it L2 and is same of effective.
Although of course, Meteor may fail and not kill a single unit, I keep saying you can try this way the other spells...

Yes, the heat of battle: You always will be watching the Magic Cycle bar, not matters how stressing fight is, waiting for activating Items quickly, and of course... re-casting your favourite Spell.

Sorry about this, perhaps a row of battles with someone will end our speculations.
As I didnt know how would suck the word BLIND, I must try this to see if its worth, or not.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 01:44:13 AM by Jeronimo » Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: