March 28, 2024, 05:59:42 PM

Username
Password

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Battle Communication Code  (Read 23860 times)
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 01:32:45 AM »

This Code was prepared for every Tournament, beyond chosen Ruleset/Mod.

I invented a Mini-Code called MAGIC WORDS, for fast understanding in special cases.
Few rules and typical problems they represent. Written words will cause an effect.

BLIND: When is written, Enemy’s wizard must be close to your regiments for casting.
How close? The required distance is of 1 false charge (wizard’s movement).
Only at that position he will be able to use Items or cast any spell, including teleport.
All targets and teleport destinations must be inside his “BLIND distance”.

Conditions: You must have 5 or less Army’s regiments. Enemy’s wizard must be 4 Skulls Level.
Clarifications: “Regiments with White Flag” and “Zombies Spell” don’t count as owned regiments.
Unique spell which is not affected by BLIND is Dispel Magic (normal cast all battle).

BUG: Wizard gets stuck and can’t use magic. Only thing can do is charging forward (out combat).
Happens often when he is overcharged of actions, especially when is being attacked and wants to cast a spell, in that exact moment bug happens (the selected last spell is never cast).

Giving specific steps to follow is not easy since it depends more in the present Regiments/Wizards.
When bug happens, both players must organize (if possible) the best way to get him back to action.
To resolve this “Out combat/In combat”: enemy must engage/you must retreat.

Out combat resolution: Enemy regiment mustn’t have Anti-Magic defences.
In combat resolution: Enemy mustn’t chase your Wizard while is running.
Try to block his regiment with one of yours, so it doesn’t pursue at first moments.

DRAW: Any player can ask for a Draw and the other must respond if accepts or not.
Drawing means there is No Winner. Both players/armies are considered defeated.
To reach this situation, conditions must be that in the next minutes no important damage is going to be done or that remaining Regiments can’t hurt each other.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 01:58:40 AM by Jeronimo » Logged
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 04:41:34 PM »

@ADMIN: Remove last post. This Code MAGIC WORDS (MW) is the latest, updated from FO 2010 (definitive).

"Very easy to learn: 4 words guarantee, good battles ahead."

BLIND: Rule for Wizards. Enemy wizard’s range is drastically reduced.
This word makes his casting range of 1 false charge (wizard’s movement).
Only at that distance he will be able to cast any Spell, including teleport.
All targets and teleport destinations must be inside his “BLIND distance”.

Condition: Enemy must have 5 or less Army’s regiments.
Means you will have to attack his Army in order to activate BLIND as soon as possible.
Clarification: “Regiments with White Flag” and “Zombies Spell” don’t count as owned regiments.

WALK: Rule for Ranged/Artillery Regiments. It changes Enemy’s behaviour to “hit & walk”.
This word blocks “hit & run” abuse of fast ranged regiments or mobile artillery.
They can’t do false charges and can’t move if Fire until next Round (next Thunder Sound).

Condition: You must have 5 or less Army’s regiments.
Clarification: “Regiments with White Flag” and “Zombies Spell” don’t count as owned regiments.

BUG: Wizard gets stuck and can’t use magic. Only thing can do is charging forward (out combat).
Happens often when he is overcharged of actions, especially when is being attacked and wants to cast a spell, in that exact moment bug happens (the selected last spell is never cast).

Giving specific steps to follow is not easy since it depends more in the present Regiments/Wizards.
When bug happens, both players must organize (if possible) the best way to get him back to action.
To resolve this “Out combat/In combat”: enemy must engage/you must retreat.

Try to block his regiment with one of yours, so it doesn’t pursue at first moments.

DRAW: Any player can ask for a Draw and the other must respond if accepts or not.
Drawing means there is No Winner. Both players/armies are considered defeated.
To reach this situation, conditions must be that in the next minutes no important damage is going to be done or that remaining Regiments can’t hurt each other.

Its finally designed to kill Lame-Play forever (and other stuff).
If you pay attention, there is finally a good rule made for Pistoliers. Grin
« Last Edit: February 12, 2010, 04:48:13 PM by Jeronimo » Logged
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2010, 12:37:51 AM »

Have a question about: They can’t do false charges and can’t move if Fire until next Round (next Thunder Sound).

So if you write WALK only the Artillery and Archer regiments are effected from the No-Fakecharge rule?
And what does not move after firing mean? Everytime they shoot they are frozen until the next spell-round (thunder)? But they can shoot as long as they want or do they have to stop after one attack until next spell-round?

Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2010, 11:33:46 PM »

Answers

a) Yes, only for ranged/artillery WALK. If wizards were affected by both words (walk/blind), they woulndt be attractive.
(enough also that some have "high" basic prices... like the vampire at 1440gc).

b) When e.g. Pistoliers shoot, they froze at position until next typical thunder sound (able to move again).
From the place they can shoot as many times as they want.

Shooting 1 time per sound has same unattractive condition that would be with Wizards if WALK+BLIND.
These words activate with 5 regiments, thats why are not too restrictive (intention to "cut" their advantages a bit, because after all, the gold prices already "punish" his pockets).

Darkmancer
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 23, 2010, 01:22:10 AM »

I don't understand "bug".

I understand sometimes wizards get jammed on a particular spell which never gets cast, I just just don't get what your rule is attempting to do about it.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 01:35:20 AM by Darkmancer » Logged

Cry woe, destruction, ruin, and decay:
The worst is death, and death will have his day.

[23:04:33] <*Ghabry> The internal design of Darkmancer is just strange
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2010, 02:25:12 PM »

I thought was enough clear...
"When bug happens, both players must organize (if possible) the best way to get him back to action.
To resolve this “Out combat/In combat”: enemy must engage/you must retreat."

BUG word is an alert that you cant play properly, this way both players try to get him back to normal (bug fixing during match). The steps described are HELPS to fix it (I have done them, both cases happened to me).

Btw about BLIND:
When says "All targets must be in the BLIND distance" it means all friendly/enemy.
Use of "Ere we go!" for example, wont be able to use his long range bonus.
Both will know that only close regiments to blinded wizard can be affected by spells...

@ Ghabry: Is it fake-charge or false-charge?

Its good to see some replies Smiley
« Last Edit: February 23, 2010, 02:30:57 PM by Jeronimo » Logged
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 25, 2010, 01:42:02 AM »

I had a small talk with my bro about the words... I ll make things less complicated.

You see that "cant fire until next round", is not good. I didnt consider what would happen if u have 3 regiments shooting at same time.. you wont have enough time to STOP them all and then move.. Forgive me for my blunder.
Already have in mind what should be.

In less of 24 hours i ll send a private link to everyone who has confirmed (if FO wins confirmation).
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2010, 01:01:37 AM »

Here they are: I combined words to affect both Wizards/Ranged, activation is considering the size of your army (you will notive BLIND is worse than WALK). I hope this receive acceptation among you...

WALK: Rule for enemy Wizards/Ranged. They can’t do false charges.This word turns “Hit & Run” into “Hit & Walk”.

Condition: You must have 6 or less Army’s regiments.
Exception: Wizard with BUG (out combat). Since only can charge, do it to call enemy’s attention.

BLIND: Rule for enemy Wizards/Ranged. Ranges are reduced to “short range” (goblin’s bow).
This word makes these Regiments able to target others (friendly/enemy) only at close distance.

Condition: You must have 3 or less Army’s regiments.
Clarifications: “Regiments with White Flag” and “Zombies Spell” don’t count as owned regiments.
Wizards can teleport (short range destination). Artillery and Items are not affected by BLIND.

BUG: Rule for jammed Wizard. Both players try to fix bug during battle.
The bug consists in getting stuck and not being able to use magic.
Its common to happen when is overcharged of actions, especially when is being attacked and wants to cast a spell, in that exact moment bug happens (the selected last spell is never cast).

To resolve this bug “Out combat/In combat”: enemy must engage/you must retreat.

Tip: Be ready to respond quickly. Once recovered, he will be in combat and receiving damage.
Tip: Try to block his regiment with one of yours, so it doesn’t pursue at first moments.

Used "Jam" expression from Darkmancer Smiley Attent to any opinion.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 01:15:01 AM by Jeronimo » Logged
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2010, 01:32:43 AM »

Come on don't do last minute updates. Tournament is soon. It's already hard enough to remember everything.

Which version of your BCC does apply to the Fair Omen Ruleset for the Tournament?

And tell us an easy way to find out a goblin archer range without using goblin archers.

Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2010, 02:44:28 AM »

Allright. No short bow distance.. 1 false charge (considering regiment's movement) like was previously.
Means Vampire/Pistoliers/elf archers will have a bit more range than others regiments with mov 4. (fair considering the fact they have high cost).

No more update. Tournament is close. I understand.

PD: Measuring short bow distance, they have 2 & 1/2 "false charge" range (not blind enough).

Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2010, 08:24:22 AM »

BLIND: Rule for enemy Wizards/Ranged. Their ranges are drastically reduced.
This word makes them able to target scenario/friendly/enemy only at close distances.
They have 1 false charge as maximum range (regiment’s movement).
Pistoliers/Elf Archers/Vampire will have a bit more range than others since they move faster.

Condition: You must have 3 or less Army’s regiments.
Wizards can teleport at “blind distance”. Artillery and Items are NOT affected by BLIND.

This is just the BLIND rewrited to 1 false charge. Its clear enough. Taken from document.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2010, 08:31:01 AM by Jeronimo » Logged
Jeronimo
Night Goblin Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2010, 10:28:04 AM »

Well, to the hells with the complicated code. This is cooler:

INSIDE BATTLES

When happens SESSION LOST and there isn’t a clear winner, host must recreate game with same/map/armies/deployment positions. If there is an obvious winner, no need to replay battle.

Wizard Game Play: Teleport destinations must be always near a friendly/enemy regiment.
Every Wizard can use Spells level 2 & 3 only once per Magic Cycle (like if Spells were Items).

Wizard Bug Report: Consists in getting stuck and not being able to use magic.
When bug happens, players must organize (if possible) the best way to get him back to action.
To fix this bug “Out combat/In combat”: enemy must engage/you must retreat.

Tip: Be ready to respond quickly. Once recovered, he will be in combat and receiving damage.
Tip: Try to block his regiment with one of yours, so it doesn’t pursue at first moments.

Draw Game: Drawing means there is No Winner: Both players/armies are considered defeated.
Conditions must be that in the next minutes no important damage is going to be done or that remaining Regiments can’t hurt each other. Draw is auto-applied if everyone dies at same time.

Do you like this better? No Words, this must be known by both players before playing...
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 10:36:45 AM by Jeronimo » Logged
alavet
Orc Shaman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2010, 05:45:32 PM »

Every Wizard can use Spells level 2 & 3 only once per Magic Cycle (like if Spells were Items)

no

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.
warhammerfreak
Greatsword

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2010, 07:36:04 PM »

Every Wizard can use Spells level 2 & 3 only once per Magic Cycle (like if Spells were Items)

no
I don't really see an objection, but I also don't think it would be effective.

"Did you know that there are those days that  even my lucky underpants with spacerockets won't help." "Then u did everything that was in your power ."
Ghabry
Developer

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2010, 07:50:22 PM »

If you have Jet many spells are Level1 Wink.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: