April 19, 2024, 10:23:41 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / hit&run and artillery solution - limited battletime on: May 09, 2009, 07:13:43 PM
There are 2 problems that current rules can not solve:

I. Imagine we have an archer regiment vs mummies regiment - who is the winner? On the one hand, mummies will definitely crumble the archers into dust in melee. On the other hand, mummies are slow and it is feasible for archers to hit n run and eventually shoot mummies down.

II. Imagine we have 2 armies with artillery and without any hit n run capable regiments. No one is likely to attack since  the attacker wont be able to use his artillery.

I suggest defining the attacker and the defender sides before the battle. I think the best way to do this is to give the attacker a limited amount of time to defeat his opponent, and if he fails we consider him defeated. It would solve both cases. The only problem is that the defender would be in a better situation, however we could give the attacker some bonuses to make both sides equal.

I will appreciate any suggestions and ideas :Smiley
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: May 09, 2009, 06:44:41 PM
Vampire - 6 points
If undeads need a mage - they can buy a necromancer. If they need the best hit'n run unit in DO - they should pay for this Tongue
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: WHich rules will we issue for mages/cavalry with banner/pistoleters/elves?: poll on: May 08, 2009, 06:56:46 PM
And what if there are several regiments of this kind? or a cavalry unit, deliberately avoiding engagement? or maybe some mummies in addition to vampire? It would be more then 1 regiment then...
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: FACTIONS on: April 29, 2009, 01:48:26 PM
Night Goblin Archers
Night Goblin Archers
Night Goblin Archers
Gigantic Spider
Gigantic Spider
Gigantic Spider
Giant Scorpion
Giant Scorpion
Giant Scorpion
Night Goblin Shaman
I pwned some elves twice or thrice with this army... I think too many beasts are allowed for goblins - they are cheap and its possible to field plenty of them.
5  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Does this make you think of DO? on: April 28, 2009, 01:10:27 PM
I never played Mark of Chaos (absence of friendly fire is just ridiculous), but what's surprising about its Dark Omenish looks?
6  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: April 28, 2009, 11:50:08 AM
elven bowmen have no armor, dont forget about this Wink
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: Wizzards have to make Suicide? on: April 28, 2009, 11:41:45 AM
I just thought that cancelling this rule and setting vampire to 6 or more points could be quite a good way to balance mummies...
8  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: April 27, 2009, 09:22:53 AM
Banner of defiance -> 2-3 pts
It seems to me that WarpGhost is right saying it's the banner of defiance which makes mummies the best melee unit in the game. Besides, I consider it an incredibly efficient item on any army unless it features unbreakable units or lacks in numbers greatly. So changing banner's price, which would affect all the factions, seems a better idea to me then increasing mummies' cost and thus undermining only Undead.
9  Warhammer Dark Omen / Empire Armybuilds / Re: April Tournament - Empire Armies on: April 26, 2009, 08:24:39 AM
Grudgebringer Infantry
Imperial Greatswords
Countess' Guard
Wood Elf Archers
Wood Elf Glade Guards
Dwarf Warriors
Bright Wizard

A very versatile armybuild ^^
10  Warhammer Dark Omen / Greenskin Armybuilds / Re: April Tournament - Greenskin Armies on: April 26, 2009, 08:19:37 AM
Night Goblin Shaman
Orc Boar Boyz
Orc Boar Boyz
Orc Boyz
Orc Boyz
Orc Big'uns
Night Goblin Archers
Night Goblin Archers
Orc Big'uns

Rush-style Smiley good against artillery
11  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: April 26, 2009, 08:12:56 AM
-2 points for treeman

Guess it would be ok, if Empire didnt have so powerful and cheap units such as flagellants. Besides, there are many powerful items...
However 3 points is really too much for him imho. I checked the DOST2002, and it suggests providing a considerable bonus if a player buys treeman.
So I think we should set him to 0 points.
12  Warhammer Dark Omen / Undead Armybuilds / Re: April Tournament - Undead Armies on: April 26, 2009, 06:57:49 AM
Mummy
Ghoul
Ghoul
Skeleton Warriors
Skeleton Warriors
Zombies
Zombies
Vampire

I think its almost impossible to defeat this army without artillery  Cool
13  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: April 25, 2009, 10:35:32 PM
Vampire - 4 points

He exceeds all other mages not only in toughness but also in speed(ms of 6, afaik one of the fastest regiments), which makes him almost invulnerable to archers. Having the melee abilities of his, makes him  capable of killing other mages with ease, which becomes really simple if he has the teleport spell. Besides, in the last Dost2002 rules (http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/DO/Rules/DOST2002) 1st lvl vampire costs as much as 3rd lvl necromancer - so I think he is currently underpriced.  Wink

Have some other suggestions on Und units costs, hope to post them later  Cool
14  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament April on: April 24, 2009, 08:49:27 AM
Hope I am not too late  :Smiley
Pages: [1]