May 03, 2024, 04:54:17 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2]
16  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: GameRanger Hosting Crash on: August 12, 2011, 07:22:14 PM
Seems unrelated to JB's problem, but i also get a random crash, when i host a game it sometimes crashes instead of going to the game's screen.

Another thing thats been happening is i've been trying to play with Cal Skinner but for some reason the game usually freezes in the middle of the match! Its some problem on his end so i cant really post any specifics but since he doesnt seem to have a forum profile ill just post this for him.
17  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Re: Is this coming back? on: August 09, 2011, 10:17:32 AM
Glad to have started such a big discussion!

Anyway, I think having a more streamlined and combat oriented conquest session sounds like a good idea to get things going, and roleplaying elements would be interesting as well.

Here are my thoughts on the issue:

First of all we would need to figure out when we would have the sessions and how long they would last. Personally i would prefer a weekend or if a weekday then at night (which for many of you would be during the day). After that we need to confirm how many people will be playing the campaign so we know how many people to design it for. And finally, we should figure out approximately how many sessions it would take us to finish the campaign.

On designing the campaign, a large part of it should be coming up with a story to make things more than just "faction A fights faction B". There should be plot points to move the story along, if one faction is steadily winning over another we should give the other faction a chance to turn the tide. Most importantly we should avoid the situation where a few victories from one side determines the entire campaign, especially early on. As for the campaign itself, I think that we should have two rivaling sides with the players having different roles within their faction. Maybe we could have it so that the campaign starts with the players being independent but eventually having to choose one of the two major sides. If we are using a territory based system we should keep the economic values but they should already be preset; instead of having the players build roads and forts and cities they should already be set on the map. Also i looked over DORPG and heroes look like a pretty good idea, although im unfamiliar with the editing program you guys are using.

As for the story itself, we could stick to the warhammer universe or we could come up with our own based on the races we have available. With the Warhammer universe we have dont have to waste time coming up with a story but we are restricted to what is available and it could be confusing to those not familiar with warhammer outside of the game (i didnt even know there were lizardmen and dark elves). If we come up with our own we would have a lot more creative freedom but the downside is obviously having to make the whole thing up ourselves. Warhammer is a lot of good vs bad guy black n white stuff, and i personally prefer grey and grey morality.

Another thing I thought of is to have regiments start out with less than the maximum amount of troops, but also raising the maximum amount for the regiments and balancing the prices respectively. For example instead of buying 16/16 bowmen you buy 12/20 bowmen. This would add another layer of strategy into creating armies. Idk if this is possible or not using whatever modding tools, but im just getting that out there.

As for the mode I would personally prefer using DOE because there is a lot more variety to it with races and such, but i wouldnt mind using Fair Omen either.
18  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Cooperation on: August 09, 2011, 09:02:01 AM
Hey everyone, nice to see all of you here! I am from California which makes it difficult to sync up to you guys timezone-wise, but in general i am usually on evenings and nights, which would be mornings and days for you depending on where you are and how long i decide to stay up.

JB87, yeah we did have some fun games but i haven't seen you on in a while, we should play during a weekend sometime.

Kilowic, I have yet to beat you! But i will eventually, and until then every goes toward improvement.  Cool

Everyone else, hope to see you guys around more often! Also looking forward to the tourney.

19  Multiplayer Campaign / Dark Omen Conquest / Is this coming back? on: August 07, 2011, 09:41:28 PM
Would anyone be up to do this again? It seems pretty fun. I also have a few thoughts after looking at the topics here on how the game can be changed. Namely, I think we should come up with our own map especially made for this game instead of using the warhammer map, imo there are more possibilities like that and it would be easier to balance. Another thing that i think would be a good edition to the game is to maybe run it a bit more like an RP, like one player could be the king and the  others could be different lords of the kingdom and the orcs and undead could have their own thing etc.
20  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: GameRanger: a new place to play Dark Omen online on: August 01, 2011, 06:26:40 PM
Thanks, so my id is 633588 and my nickname is Zoko-TkZ. Hope to see some of you out there!
21  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: GameRanger: a new place to play Dark Omen online on: August 01, 2011, 04:39:20 AM
Hey everyone, i currently have no idea how to check what my id is, but my username is Zoko-TkZ and id like to join in on the DO games, maybe take part in a tourney or two. Im on at random times, but if I am on I'll host a DO room so anyone online can see it. Olly already knows me haha.

I also play Starcraft and Age of Empires:The Conquerors on GR (and Age of Chivalry: Hegemony mod for aoe)
Pages: 1 [2]