April 20, 2024, 09:21:40 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Sorry if this is answered allready but on: April 02, 2023, 10:37:22 PM
Cool, glad it's working. Enjoy! Smiley

Well done Olly, you have the patience of a saint!!  Cool
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Can we help more? on: July 23, 2020, 10:01:36 PM
OK- thanks for the clarification.
and good luck with your activities Smiley
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Can we help more? on: July 22, 2020, 10:26:10 PM
It seems like many user issues are because people are not using a UK CD version of game.
You tell them this.. but dont help them get the right CD.
I presumed this is for copyright reasons.. but it looks like the game is abandonware? i.e.
*Link removed to illegal website*
So cant you dump a UK CD image somewhere.. and include details in your guide? so people can use the right CD and have a better chance of not messing up?
I have an original UK CD/DVD of the game.. so could probably provide an img of it (assuming it has no cunning copy protection on it).
What you think?
Cheers

4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Win 10 install feedback on: April 09, 2016, 02:34:27 PM
Ahhh.. thanks..

Its just that when I installed.. and started.. it came up with the "Dark Omen 2" heading in the menus (i.e. the flaming 2 added) .. and just pressing start campaign got me into that complex fight in mentioned.. that was clearly not the start of the campaign  as I remember.. 
So maybe when you package it up.. it should by default start on the original campaign.. just to avoid confusing noobs like me Wink

Thanks for adding the movies fix, sure others will appreciate Smiley

You didn't confirm if it really does need to be on C drive? I installed mine of F and it seems to be working fine? (though I am not trying all mods). So if it can be installed on non C drive.. other may also appreciate option to put it where they like.

Anyway - thanks for your very prompt reply.. I have put back your mods directory and selected original game.. so I am now playing original game as I want.. AND I can try your mods when I completed the original Smiley

Thanks again and best regards 

5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Win 10 install feedback on: April 09, 2016, 12:52:31 PM
Thanks Olly for your guide..
If you don't mind.. some feedback

I just coming back to DO.. so just wanted play campaign on my Win 10 64 bit machine.
I followed your guide exactly and it worked... but:
- I didn't want to play mods.. I just wanted the standard campaign (and it seemed to start me in a quite advanced area?)
- the movies did not work (without the CD in.. and I thought your fix was a "noCD" fix as well?)

Also - I didn't really want it on my C drive.. I wanted it on my games drive.. so I fiddled.

I didn't add the "mods" or "Armytmp" directories from your download.. and that seemed to put me back to the core campaign Smiley
And I copied the movie directory from the CD and changed the registry pointer.. and the movies were back.
And so I uninstalled.. and then reinstalled/repeated onto my game drive.. and it seems work fine (so don't know If your instructions that install MUST be on C drive is not accurate.. or perhaps it is accurate if you want use mods)
However.. although it all working.. I do still have a "mods" option greyed out on my menu.. which I have not worked out how to remove and get back to the vanilla menus (what I really want).

So with your uber skills.. could you perhaps do 2 threads.. one for people who DO want your mods stuff.. and may be a simpler one for noobs like me - who just want the vanilla (but full) original game experience.

Thanks for your help and time.
All the best
Yoji
Pages: [1]