April 18, 2024, 08:20:07 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: CD or No CD, that is the question! on: May 11, 2023, 09:58:24 PM
Hi, following on from the last reply (and sorry for the delay), here are some screenshots from my install.

I think everything is how it should be, but please let me know if you can see anything that looks off!

When i run the new Engrel file, i get the error message about direct X. During the installation it asked me if i wanted to update this and i said yes, but it immediately finished the install seemingly without doing anything. i assume this was because the Direct X version had since been superceded since the game came out, but maybe i'm wrong?

Also, i can get the game to run using the old (original) Engrel file and with the cd in the drive, but it only gets me to the main menu of the game. When i try to start the game it asks for me to locate the cd drive, but wont let me progress past that screen.

anybody got any ideas?

2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: CD or No CD, that is the question! on: May 03, 2023, 09:37:16 PM
I’ve gone through all 5 of the steps but I’ll try to send some screengrabs.

How do I add images to the forum though - the image tool just inserts Img code as below (do I need to host the image elsewhere online and link it it? Sorry to be a bit useless!!

3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: CD or No CD, that is the question! on: May 03, 2023, 08:22:58 PM
Scratch that - tried changing the programme entry in virtual store to my f drive but it didn't work Sad

The game started but it still asks for me to locate the cd drive when i try to start the campaign, but the in-game pop wont let me select it (even though f drive it is listed)

Anybody else had this issue? Any suggestions?

4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: CD or No CD, that is the question! on: May 03, 2023, 07:58:39 PM
Thank you for the speedy response! Really hoping i can get this sorted and back into WHDO...

I've already run both the virtual store and 64 bit registry fixes - but if i only need to run one (as per your last message), is it already too late? Do I need to uninstall and try starting again, or can i just manually amend the registries?

Currently, the Virtual Registry says that the Programme is set to: c:\program files (x86)\dark omen\prg_eng

Can i just change this to f: (my cd drive) so it runs off the cd but everything else works as per the updates?

5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / CD or No CD, that is the question! on: May 02, 2023, 08:52:44 PM
Hi all,

I have an original UK CD of WHDO which I really want to get running again on my W10 PC. I've followed all the instructions on the sticky post, including running the registry fixes and making sure Direct Play is ticked.

I managed to get the game to start and as per the instructions I went to options and amended the visual settings. But I found turning on coloured pointers gave me a normal pointer and then a second ghost pointer off to one side.

After that, I found that starting the game with the new PRG_ENG file in the C drive just brings up an error about Direct X not being compatible or it starts and crashes (depending on what version or compatibility settings I fiddle with). But I can get the game to start if I use the old PRG_ENG file on the CD itself and it starts and looks fine - but it then brings up an in-game pop up which asks to locate the CD drive. The drive is listed but the continue button doesn't do anything.

So I'm stuck in a bit of a loop - the game wont let me run it off the cd, and the fix doesn't run right.

Any ideas? is there a simple change I can make to the settings / registry so the game will run off the CD again?

Thanks for your help!!
6  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: PLEASE HELP! CD missing error on: August 16, 2020, 10:11:42 PM
Maybe I’ve done something wrong with the dlls? Do they need to be moved anywhere or opened?

I’ve tried the reg fix and checked in reg editor that all the links go to c drive. (I wondered if that’s why it can’t find the disc?)

I’ve tried a few variations in EngRel settings (compatibility mode etc and using original vs new one) and had mixed results.

With one setting the campaign started but terrain was all black. Then I had lots of crashes on intro video. Now I’ve got round that but it says it can’t find the disc...

Hi and welcome,

You will really need to use the mod pack EngRel.exe and its .dlls fixes to run on Windows 10, did you try the Registry fixes? It's probably easier for me to remote in using Teamviewer, to diagnose why it states out of date display drivers. Unless you want to try dgvoodoo2 3d settings in the help fix guide. Please also state what graphics card you have, is it an Intel HD?
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / PLEASE HELP! CD missing error on: August 16, 2020, 01:31:05 PM
Hi guys! Thanks for all the amazing support and guidance on here. But I'm still a bit stuck and hoping you can help...

Having found my old CD of WHDO I have fully installed onto my machine and followed your mod instructions. I've had various issues along the way, which seem quite common - eg freezing at loading movie, double vision etc.

I've now got it to a point where i can skip the loading video without it freezing and can get to the main menu. But when i click 'start campaign' the game brings up a pop up that says the CD can't be found. It asks for confirmation of disc drive (which has the disc in) but doesn't do anything when I click the OK arrow.

Please help!! Feel so close and yet so far... Sad
I played this game when it first came out with my non-gamer father, and would be delighted to revisit this with him all these years later!

By the way, I can currently only launch the game using the original ENGrel file, as the new one available via this site doesn't launch for me - i get an error about out of date graphic drivers...

I've looked in the reg editor to see if i can redirect from the disc drive to the C drive, but can't see anywhere that allows me to do this...
Pages: [1]