May 03, 2024, 12:13:49 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
46  Warhammer Dark Omen / Empire Tactics / Re: Orgres and Banner Of Defiance on: April 12, 2009, 08:15:03 PM
I'd noticed that ogres dont do much damage, but recently had a game where Ogres and Big 'Uns w/ the Banner went head-to-head. The Ogres all died, killing only 1 Big 'Un. Im seriously wondering if ogres are actually quite so good as banner carriers as I thought.
47  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Dwarf Campaign on: April 12, 2009, 08:07:06 PM
Oh so its not actually warhammer? Well thats OK then, I thought it was set as warhammer Smiley

Though its probably worth telling people anyway that GW do actually come down on people who make warhammer games but do 'non-franchise' stuff to them; they're fine with total conversions and small mods, but mixing stuff doesnt go down well.
48  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Dwarf Campaign on: April 12, 2009, 06:25:35 PM
Dont know what game you mean, but it presumably turned the game into something else. Plus GW are very much down on people that make mods/campaigns that mix in non-Warhammer stuff in.
49  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Dwarf Campaign on: April 12, 2009, 05:35:09 PM
Gnomes and half-orcs? Sorry, thats WoW not Warhammer...
50  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: April 10, 2009, 12:08:08 AM
My only problem is Goblin Shaman costing less points than other mages when its the equal of all other mages; the costing of additional mages in 3-5k seems irrelevant to me either way. People who've played more MP seem to think 2 points is a fair price, so I'll go with that but I dont need to play lots to know allowing 1 cheaper is a very bad idea, especially in the context of O&G relative low unit costs.
51  Warhammer Dark Omen / Empire Tactics / Re: Orgres and Banner Of Defiance on: April 09, 2009, 11:12:12 AM
I played against it last night; man, they really stuck around for the long haul! They spent the entire game fighting a unit of Wights with the Defiance Banner (who are kinda the ogres UD equiv) and zombies, to which I threw in 2 units of skellie archers and another zombie unit when they were free to try and kill them off. The ogres munched their way through most of the wights, who if they hadnt had the banner im the ogres probably would have won and crushed my army.

If the enemy army doesnt have any units with real hitting power those ogres can be a righteous pain.
52  Warhammer Dark Omen / Rules and Standards / Re: 5000/15 on: April 09, 2009, 12:53:15 AM
I have to agree, 1 point for a Night Goblin Shaman is too low, all mages should be at least 2 points. The Goblin shaman is actually tougher than a necromancer (T4 to T3) and the magic lores are all decent. Plus because its just 1 guy rather than a block it can be a bit tricky to catch mages if you dont have (or they trash) your cav (which tend to be rare and directed at better enemies) and archers
53  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Hamachi on: April 07, 2009, 10:15:44 PM
WarpGhost, reporting for duty.

IP is 5.3.101.38

Where do I get this purported map pack I see mentioned?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]