April 26, 2024, 11:27:31 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactics / Re: Power of Anti Magic Items and Dispell Magic on: October 02, 2009, 07:19:41 PM
From singleplayer I have learned that all antimagic defence could be avoided or negated sometimes. On last battle I was having fun, and mummies obtained antimagic banner. After all I killed them with thunder storm banner, less effective, but about 25% of hits find their target. Interesting that banner negates and even sometimes negates direct magic attacks. It could turn back fireball from gunderbringer sword and mage's fireball, but never thunder from banner or sword. Negates - yes, but never turn back.
Also I had beed hit with enemy necromancer when 3 dispell magic were on the regiment.

But as I noticed not only antimagic stuff (casts from mages, shield or banner and trools) have some sort of small chanse being penetrated, but also shiled of ptolos. I can devide it in 3 categories:
a) regiments with ptolos hit by a cannon or orc bolt. From my small experience chances to loose some units are about 50%/50%
b) regiments with ptolos hit by a mortar / lobber / cataput (direct hit has 50% chances of penetrating and making damage, indirect about 10%)
c) regiments with ptolos hit by archers. While your regiment stay silent - almost 100% safe. When your regiment move there a slim chance to been hit appears, and when your regiment shoot back or fight in cc another regiment - more chances apperas for being hit.
Tested in 3-rd part of a singleplayer (frosen land) when I tried to shoot all archers and catapult with my own x-men with ptolos.

And as I understood all anti stuff works well with 1 thread. When I try to hit regiment with ptolos with 2 regiment of archers it start taking huge damage. Same with magic.

Sorry for my bad english.
2  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Website Related / Re: Is it done? on: September 27, 2009, 07:34:57 PM
Looking forward to see the mission were spelleater shield is located.
3  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Website Related / Re: Is it done? on: September 26, 2009, 01:14:08 PM
Oh, missed that phrase. Any moovies made by players are welcome? Or the best from the best will show how to deal with undead in 4-th chapter?
4  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Website Related / Re: Is it done? on: September 20, 2009, 08:25:29 PM
Is chapter 4 is planning?

http://en.dark-omen.org/campaign.html
5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Bretonia - Loren Lake on: September 20, 2009, 05:47:21 PM
Me helped treeman also. More battles - more exp gained. But is up to player how to win.
Pages: [1]