April 25, 2024, 01:47:22 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: New to Dark Omen, shimmering when panning ok? (Win10) on: October 29, 2018, 01:21:34 PM
Awesome, thanks for clearing that up, I suspected that might be the case but I wanted to make sure that the game was running correctly.
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / New to Dark Omen, shimmering when panning ok? (Win10) on: October 28, 2018, 03:09:12 PM
Hey, I never played Dark Omen before so I am not sure how exactly it's supposed to look or function when working correctly. The game is running in 3D mode.

I got it working on Windows 10 by following the guide posted here and I noticed that when I pan the camera around the map the pixels on the screen do a shimmering effect (looks a bit like looking at the game trough TV static). This effect gets progressively worse as I zoom out the camera. If I don't there is no effect. Another way of describing it might be that it looks like an extreme form of aliasing.

I tried checking YouTube videos but the video compression is too bad to determine if the effect is there. I have seen multiple mentions of screen flickering on the forums but I am unsure if what I am describing is the same issue or not.
Pages: [1]