April 16, 2024, 12:59:47 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: 3D mode and Win8/7 [ Dark Omen ] on: January 13, 2015, 01:33:00 PM
This works like a charm and I have an AMD Radeon R9 280X. Smiley Thanks! The only issue I found is that the Tutorial doesn't recognize when I move the camera.
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Dark Omen in Full 3D Mode High Res XP and No Flicker! on: November 12, 2012, 04:59:53 AM
We have no idea why it flickers.
But the "solution" is really to run Win98 or run a monitor at 100 or more Hz.
I guess that it still flickers, but our eyes are too slow to see this.

Mmm so you say under Win98 we wouldn't need a 100 Hz monitor? What about Virtual PC? Is it possible to create a virtual Win98?

Olly, thanks for the screens they're great! Smiley
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Dark Omen in Full 3D Mode High Res XP and No Flicker! on: November 11, 2012, 09:24:56 AM
Hi,

At first, I'm new to the forum so hello everybody! I've been a Dark Omen fan for ages and it's good to see that I'm not alone with this.

Since I reinstalled the game after some years I've been wondering why does the screen flicker if I turn on 3D and finally I found the answer here. Well, another good reason to get a good old CRT next to the fact that light guns also work only with them (The House of the Dead powa).

Well, I couldn't find anywhere a comparison of the graphics of Dark Omen with 3D turned on and off, so I decided to make one. Since it flickers with 3D on I had to pause the game with Esc but luckily the menu doesn't hide too much of the screen.

Screenshot 1 3D OFF:

Screenshot 1 3D ON:

Screenshot 2 3D OFF:

Screenshot 2 3D ON:

Well there IS difference between the two modes, especially the faces are smoother with 3D on (the black squares are also just rendering flaws). But in the end the game's resolution is 640x480 and if I resize the screen to Full HD the difference won't matter that much. Smiley I hope somone will find this interesting!

Cheers,
Thoreg
Pages: [1]