April 20, 2024, 02:08:14 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Dark Omen game issue. on: July 15, 2015, 04:35:10 PM
Think ive basically resolved the problems now... had to run off engrelno3d file!!!!!!.... compatability set to me/98...
16bit colour...
seems ok now Cheesy
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Dark Omen game issue. on: July 15, 2015, 04:10:50 PM
That seems to have sorted the double screen repeat issue...

I found that if I go in the compatability settings, and "run in 640 x 480 screen resolution" that put it in full screen mode rather than just having a quarter sized screen...

Still got a few problems :L the colours are still all negative-y.. and although I have full screen now, and although all the buttons are "in the right place"(on the menu for example), the actual graphics only take up the left half of the screen. So I have to move my mouse around on the black half watching for menu options to highlight to know im clicking the right one...

any ideas? Thanks again for your help Smiley
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Dark Omen game issue. on: July 14, 2015, 11:48:55 PM
Thanks for your quick reply olly. I appreciate your enthusiasm about this game as im sure we all know, it rules !! Cheesy

still having trouble though... downloaded the mods you said, it allowed me to start the campaign but all graphics were "broken"... like negative colours and the menu words were doubled over each other...

This game seems to have so many obstacles to get it going... look forward to further comment from you Smiley
cheers mate!

-----
more specifically, the background of the main menu is "doubled"... I can see it once on the left once on the right... very weird... furthermore.... the whole applications window only takes up 1quarter of my laptop screen. I don't know why it does come open in a full window...
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Dark Omen game issue. on: July 14, 2015, 03:53:32 AM
So I installed the game... on windows 8...

had the issue of missing d3drm.dll file, which I got and put in the \prg_eng folder... problem solved...

then got a message "direct x incompatible or display drivers out of date"... corrected this by clicking the autorun link and going on properties...compatability tab... setting compatability to windows me/98.... PROBLEM SOLVED...

Now I can start Dark Omen actually getting as far as the main menu for the first time, but when I click to start "new campaign" I get pop up "CD-Rom is missing?... CD-Rom is required for this selection...ensure the cd-rom is present and highlight the drive letter of your cd-rom drive" and on the side I have the options of cd drives to select...

I select the drive but it just takes me back to the main menu. The campaign doesn't begin.

however... I don't have the disc...and when I try to create an image from a file... and mount it on power iso... I still cant get further. Any help would be appreciated and hopefully the top part of my post will help people with the first two problems.
Pages: [1]