May 06, 2024, 08:01:16 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  The Remake Project / Bright Portents / Re: Dark Omen Remake? on: October 20, 2008, 02:22:58 PM
Thank you very much! I sure am for cooperation, maybe even using same data structures and some game design ideas so we can also share game resources like 3D models, sounds and stuff.
Like i said, i will try to create something but im very busy at the moment and im low on skills, so when i get something up and running, i will put that on SVN or something so u can see how i thought of it. It will be a long road to that release, because i have to plan my system out first, perhaps little playing with UML diagrams and stuff:). If you have some knowledge of UML class diagram and game design, mabe you could take a look on my diagrams once im finished with basic system.
You said it right, Ogre is great because its solid platform for graphics, but i guess every approach has its downsides, like i wont have any GUI, so i will have to write it from scratch, what will be a pain in the arse.
I wish u good luck with WARTBED, and if u need anything, just pm or mail me Smiley
2  The Remake Project / Bright Portents / Re: Dark Omen Remake? on: October 19, 2008, 03:25:05 PM
Remake of WH:DO is a great idea, and i thought of it a long time ago. I saw that WARTBED is underway, but i must say i think its a bad idea to build game upon orcs, since it seems not so good for fast rendering. My conclusion is that it should be made with c++,SDL, opengl, openal, mysql and xml.
And i thought of this remake more like a new game based on regiments like DO with big worlds support and low-medium graphics so it has the taste of running WH in software mode Grin
If anyone is serious about this, plz let me know, because ill try to create it on my own, but since i have almost none expirience in designing games(especially with multiple threads which will be needed), help is welcome.
Pages: [1]