March 28, 2024, 10:43:28 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Background is white on: March 13, 2020, 10:57:20 PM
Hi all,
Thanks for keeping this great game alive! I've been a fan ever since I started Warhammer in the early 2000's.
I finally got it working again, I'm guessing thanks to the new mod pack on my Windows 10 pc. However, the main menu, background for the in-game map, and backgrounds for the troop rosters and talking portrait cut scenes are white. I've tried to add everything to the registry (had to do it manually) but although this did fix some minor issues, the white background remained.
Anyone else got this problem, or, better yet, a way to fix it? I've followed the steps and checked my virus scan and everything.

Thanks in advance!
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: 3D mode and Win8 [ Dark Omen ] on: October 04, 2013, 11:08:32 PM
Well, I'm quite busy, so I won't promise anything, but perhaps I'll give it a shot somedays.
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: 3D mode and Win8 [ Dark Omen ] on: October 04, 2013, 03:43:41 PM
Hey everyone,

I also enjoy playing DO from time to time (and I now even have the ambitious idea of creating a DO-themed Empire army for the tabletop Warhammer game).

I've managed to install DO on Win8, and I got it working fine. Then, suddenly, I couldn't play the game anymore. I still don't know why, probably my own fault. I did remove some software I didn't need anymore, it's possible I deleted something I did need. And that was after at least a week of trying and browsing this forum until I found this thread (I even had a go at a virtual Windows XP and 98 environment, I wanted it badly :-)).

So, now I've completely removed all files, reinstalled the game, ran the crashfix and copied the files from the 'goody bag' Olly recommends. I've tried a few things, and I can get the game to work now if I choose the EngRelNo3d exe file. However, now I'm suddenly missing the cutscenes (it doens't matter if I have the CD in or not). Did I miss anything? I can't even access the cutscenes using cheatcodes like 'welcome' in the start scene (other cheats work fine, I tried that). Does anyone have any hints or tips on how to view them?

Thanks ahead!

***Edit***
Al right, think first, ask questions later... Turned out all I needed to do was to copy the directory with the movies into the Dark Omen folder in Program Files. Sorry for clogging up the boards. Still don't know why this didn't install (I'm sure I selected maximum installation).
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Sound problem on: March 11, 2009, 11:50:22 AM
Thanks for your input. Reinstalling the game did it for me. Still don't know what caused the problem.

Cheers,

-Shauky
5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Sound problem on: February 27, 2009, 10:51:44 PM
Hi all,

First, I'm new to the forum (but not new to Dark Omen), and I'm happy to see such an old game still has so much fans Smiley.

But let me get to the point.

I installed the game, and ran the XP fix, and the game works perfectly, except for the sound. The music and voices are all right, but the sound effects (charging horses, firing cannon, whistling arrows) are a bit screwed up. When there are several sounds simultaneously, they are not only playing the sounds, but also squeaking and creaking, which is very annoying. Do any of you have (had) this problem, and if so, do you know how to fix it?

Kind regards,

-Shauky
Pages: [1]