May 19, 2024, 06:07:46 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Shadow Of The Horned Rat on: June 17, 2011, 08:46:02 AM
Thank you for the psx version!  Grin
I figured out that I played SotHR in the past, not DO. I got the 2 confused because SotHR looked so ugly in the pics I found with google. I completely forgot I played it on the playstation which has much better graphic.
So now I´m currently busy playing the psx version of SotHR. DO will have to wait, this way I get the complete story line.
I´m currently in mission 8. Just got the Black Avengers. Man I remember seeing those melt down and not being able to replace them  Grin They sure are a miserable bunch. Good times. I´m 22 now and I don´t remember if I played this when it got out or a little later but I was definitely too young for this game... still got pretty far, I think.
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Can´t get this to run on: June 17, 2011, 03:42:34 AM
Thanks but that was already as it should be. When you download the intro fix you can choose between a regular and a 64 version Wink
It doesn´t crash either, it´s just that the vids show no picture. But it doesn´t matter, all I have to do is alt+tab and view them externally. Everything else works fine.

Thanks for your help Wink
I shall enjoy the campaign and then come back to all the great mods here Cool
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Can´t get this to run on: June 17, 2011, 12:43:16 AM
Thanks for the advice. Yes, it was a broken download  :Smiley Tried 2 sources but it seems they both had the same content, only in different packaging. I´d also like to point out that I bought this game fair & square when it was new Wink

Anyways: I have another problem. I installed it and it seems to run fine, with one exception: The videos only have sound, but the screen stays black.
I experienced this with another old game I played again recently- Z from the bitmap brothers. But it is impossible that this game uses the same video codec as Z for that used .jv which was exclusive to the game Z.
What could this be? :/ I don´t experience this in modern games or with any video files.
My DO Folder has ~270 MB, the image ~750.
I did install the intro fix.

€: Your rolleyes smile is broken  Tongue

€²: Well I´ve found a program which can play the files. So now I have to try and listen to the video being played, then alt + tab and figure out to which file that corresponds, since the names don´t hint at the order. Lol... oh well, it´s better than nothing but ideas are still welcome.  
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Can´t get this to run on: June 17, 2011, 12:17:59 AM
Hello,

I have some problems getting this to run, maybe you can help me.  Smiley

See this picture
http://www.abload.de/image.php?img=doagom.jpg
What I´ve tried:
If I click on setup, it crashes and says Setup.exe stopped working.
If I extract the contents in a folder and put d3drm.dll in the prg_eng folder and try to start it with eng_rel.exe it says the installation is broken.
I´m running Vista 64bit.

What am I supposed to do?
Thanks
Pages: [1]