April 20, 2024, 03:28:06 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Dark Omen in Full 3D Mode High Res XP and No Flicker! on: November 27, 2013, 07:28:14 AM
Oh man, I've been trying to get 3D mode to work for hours. I've tried everything I could find here to no avail, the 3D setting is still greyed out for me. Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Glide support? on: November 26, 2013, 05:05:32 PM
Hi, I've tried out three different Glide Wrappers but I can't get the game to work with any of them. Does anyone know if it's even possible?
3  Modifications / Tools / Re: Campaign Tool on: November 26, 2013, 05:01:19 PM
The first step was just free mission selection, thats done and works fine (for the first ~ 10 missions, missing the data for the others but thats no problem).

Sorry for the thread necro but does anyone know if Malus finished this tool? He hasn't been active on the forum since 2011. Did he ever release it? If so, does anyone still have it?
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Any other games with some of Dark Omen's mechanics? on: November 26, 2013, 02:57:44 PM
Hi everyone, long time lurker here.

I'm sure this discussion has come up a hundred times before but what makes Dark Omen so special in my opinion is some of it's mechanics that can't be found in any other games.

When a unit is engaged in melee combat you're committed to stay and fight. You can flee if you choose to but there's a risk involved, you might get cut down by the pursuing enemies while running away with your back against them. This is awesome because it adds another layer of tactics, you have to think twice before attacking, can you really win this engagement or not?

This is the feature I miss the most in other games, and I can't understand why no other games that I know of have it, it would be so easy to add like an optional feature or whatever.

Does anyone know if there is any other game out there with the same mechanic?

I also really love Dark Omen's other mechanics like wheeling, slow combat (Ever seen stimmed up 3/3 marines shred through zerglings in SC2? Blink and you missed it!), punishing line of sight, friendly fire, high ground advantage and probably other things I forgot.

It really is mind boggling to me that no other game has similar features after all these years considering how popular the game still is after all these years.

Pages: [1]