May 01, 2024, 02:40:38 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Modifications / 3D Scenery Models / Re: Mark Of Chaos & Battle March Modding on: December 06, 2021, 09:06:34 PM
Awesome, many thanks! I'll take a look and hopefully it's a bit easier than square 1.
2  Modifications / 3D Scenery Models / Re: Mark Of Chaos & Battle March Modding on: December 06, 2021, 08:56:07 PM
I'm trying to get more models for Tabletop Simulator actually for Warhammer Fantasy Roleplay. There is a creator named Vess and he took models from Mark of Chaos in their Nuln outfit and uploaded them already, but I wanted to complete the roster and get all the other provinces, even if it is just a simple retexturing.
It's not a huge deal but it does feel better to have Middenlanders defend Middenheim than some Nuln mercenaries haha!
3  Modifications / 3D Scenery Models / Re: Mark Of Chaos & Battle March Modding on: December 06, 2021, 08:44:57 PM
Alright I guess I'll have to play around with it some more. I have a lot of the textures like greatswords, through regular state troopers with halberds/swords and shields are still missing so I'll have to hunt those guys down. Sadly all the texture maps are in Nuln's colours so it looks like I will have to do some work manually correcting them. Thank you again for your help olly!
4  Modifications / 3D Scenery Models / Re: Mark Of Chaos & Battle March Modding on: December 06, 2021, 07:53:01 PM
I'm able to get some of the textures to extract, now I just have to figure out how what is what! It extracts into a folder called "default" though it seems not all of the model textures are there, and they're all coloured as Nuln to boot!
5  Modifications / 3D Scenery Models / Re: Mark Of Chaos & Battle March Modding on: December 06, 2021, 07:37:18 PM
I was looking to get at Empire models, swordsmen and the like. The idea is to use the in-game army painter to paint up different provinces' armies and extract their units, so I do as little manual texture editing as possible.
6  Modifications / 3D Scenery Models / Re: Mark Of Chaos & Battle March Modding on: December 06, 2021, 05:56:56 PM
Maybe it's something with my version? I'm running a Battle March copy from GOG version 2.14. I did try to go through all of the Data.ork files but the only textures that I found were the hud icons.
For the record I did play through the first chapter of the Empire campaign and a skirmish battle, thinking that the orkdec_files_loader might want more actions to map everything out but that didn't cut the mustard either.

From the top this is what I do:
1) Launch MoC:BM by dragging it onto the orkdec_files_loader
2) play around in the game a bit
3) run in cmd: orkdec.exe -d Extract Data.ork 61ae27a9_orkdec_files.txt   (repeated for every Data.ork file, so 5 files)

Data.ork decodes about 7000 files, while Data1.ork decodes about 300

I then tried looking for models and their associated textures through all the folders but the only ones I could convert were ones in the gui folders which were all of the icons.
I then tried getting at the .GOBJ files by using the gobj-to-x converter and opening up the resultant files in blender. I don't know if it's the plugin I use but when it opens the file nothing actually loads. The files are a few Mb in size and I looked through them and they look fine to me, so they shouldn't be corrupted.

Please let me know if those were the right steps and if there was any weirdness when you were trying to access those files because I'm a bit at a loss.
7  Modifications / 3D Scenery Models / Re: Mark Of Chaos & Battle March Modding on: December 06, 2021, 02:01:50 AM
Sorry to necro this thread, but I've been trying to get at the models and textures from Mark of Chaos. Right now I've been unsuccessful but I did get to the .GOBJ files and converted them to .x, though opening .x files in blender yielded no models.  Is this the right approach or am I supposed to be looking for something else?
I see in the texturearrays.xml file that I'm looking for things with a .tga file format but I've yet to see such a file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
- Rudel
Pages: [1]