May 01, 2024, 08:45:45 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Modifications / Tools / Re: Mixed Magic on: January 23, 2014, 06:43:44 PM
If I remember rightly, one of the members of that structure controls the shape of the banner?  Obviously only for unit sprites.
2  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: SOTHR Sprites on: November 21, 2013, 09:58:20 PM
Iirc type 4 is just a simple run length encoding. If there is a 0, then it is followed by a run length (of zeroes).
3  Modifications / Tools / Re: Map Viewer questions on: October 12, 2013, 03:55:28 PM
Hi Crash,

The author of the map viewer was Mika, who hasn't been around for quite a while.

Colour key transparency is a really old way of doing this effect and I doubt that modern cards would support it well.  You'd probably be best to create a new texture with an alpha channel and manually set this to transparent if the color from the original texture matched the colour key.

You could then render with alpha test turned on (don't know how you're doing it now).

If you're trying to make a 3d editor or remake, I have some old C# libraries that you may be able to use to find out how some of the undocumented formats work: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B8yyPPq-QlxtQndmZ29OckpacG8/edit?usp=sharing

Good luck!
4  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Banners on: April 26, 2012, 04:39:16 PM
IIRC This is because the sprite viewer doesn't save the X and Y position of each sprite to the filmstrip file.  It currently guesses where to place the sprite (centers it around the dot that represents the origin) - this is a good guess for most unit sprites, but not a very good one for banners.

You can move the position of sprites in the sprite viewer by dragging them - you should then be able to align them properly before saving as .SPR
5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Windows XP and black grounds on: March 25, 2011, 07:09:09 PM
use regedit.exe and go to the key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Electronic Arts\Dark Omen\1.0\Options\Options

Change 'Selected' to 1 and I think that should fix this particular problem
6  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: Christmas Preview on: December 05, 2009, 11:37:53 AM
That's amazing work Grend, must have taken you hours.
7  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: dark elfs on: December 03, 2009, 09:01:28 PM
Any chance we can lock this thread? Smiley

Also, just for clarity's sake, maybe a spot on the wiki to inform people when new sprites are being worked on, in order to prevent (or at least be up front about) duplication?
8  Modifications / Tools / Re: Necrominicon on: August 08, 2009, 08:14:05 PM
I've already made a similar army builder, which supports testing armies against rulesets, written in C#.  If you would like the source for reference / extension, then let me know.
9  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Some stuff I made today on: May 23, 2009, 11:22:59 AM
If you are using rdose, you can align the banners by right-dragging them.  The pinkish dot is the origin.  You'll have to look at the original banner files to see where to move them to.
Pages: [1]