December 02, 2020, 07:46:10 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Dark Omen Reborn on: November 08, 2020, 07:21:43 AM
Yea it is very impressive. And no rush, in understand how trying and time consuming it is to be a creator so i get it. I wish i knew some other devs to jump in on the project
2  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Dark Omen Reborn on: November 06, 2020, 01:57:05 AM
Hi guys. I created an account to give some feedback and ask for an invite to the dark omen slack channel so i can continue to help with suggestions. Gotta say though i played the demo and am pretty chuffed as a old time fan of the series, (SOTHR) being in my opinion superior in depth of story, but DO being nicer in its more modern graphics and controls at the time. So i have some feedback and some questions. One thing i think would be really nice to implement, if you are going down the route of remaking the whole game from the bottom up, would be to allow for multi unit control at once, so rather that click, select each unit to tell them what to do, having the ability to box drag and select units you like to attack one or more enemy regiments would help modernize the game for the better and feel less clunky. Second, maybe more sprite animations for combat just to make it more fluid, if at all possible. Im not sure how much of the original game you are updating and importing into the UE4 engine, seems to me you have managed to keep the actual real time warhammer engine they created intact which for anyone who knows game design and table top is what makes these games so great and timeless. So feel free to knock back any of the above comments. And i think this is nothing short of an amazing effort and really hope to see it continue.

Im actually working on a table top fantasy RPG influned by the warhammeer fantasy battle system, and run a social media outfit to support it. Would you be interested in taking someone into help with promotion of DOR?
Pages: [1]