April 24, 2024, 06:23:08 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Absolute BEST 3D card for Dark Omen?? on: November 30, 2023, 02:44:27 AM
I emulated an old machine with PCemu and put a 3DFX Banshee on it and i've never seen it look so good. The face animations especially seem much more smoother than direct X.

Worth emulating and trying it out.
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Absolute BEST 3D card for Dark Omen?? on: November 29, 2023, 08:47:47 PM
Does Glide look better than Direct X? Any advantage on this game with 3DFX cards?
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Absolute BEST 3D card for Dark Omen?? on: November 29, 2023, 08:14:48 PM
Thank you Olly!
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Absolute BEST 3D card for Dark Omen?? on: November 29, 2023, 07:11:08 PM
Hey all

What is the best 3D card for dark omen. I've ditched my laptop with ATI 7500 graphics as the drivers just suck and the card hated dark omen. I'm now building a Athlon XP based custom PC and the AGP port needs a card... I have a TNT2 that comes with the bundle i bought but i want a better card as i plan to play other windows 98 games and i was the max FPS i can get.

What are my options? What is the best card for buttery smooth fully compatible dark omen?
5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Help with 3D issues on IBM T41 on: November 23, 2023, 09:19:21 PM
It's an old thinkpad, there is no intel graphics just a dedicated ATI GPU

I'm thinking it's drivers just being crap with older games and sadly Dark Omen just will refuse to run on it. So annoying.
6  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Help with 3D issues on IBM T41 on: November 23, 2023, 07:12:09 PM
I can't see any option to change it. Only thing i see is:

7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Help with 3D issues on IBM T41 on: November 22, 2023, 10:27:23 PM
I don't have anything like it to use and tbh i wanted it as an all in one unit hence buying a laptop.

It sucks because the frame rate is so smooth and its all moving like butter, its the smoothest i've seen dark omen run. But this flicker issue is killing me.
8  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Help with 3D issues on IBM T41 on: November 22, 2023, 08:45:33 PM
Found my earlier account lol still trying to work this out. Olly, any ideas??
9  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Ice Magic does not "Freeze" enemies. on: December 17, 2022, 05:25:16 AM
Kind of off topic but damn!! I've literally never seen multi player dark omen so thanks for the video.

This looks epic! Do you guys play multiplayer very often? Tournaments?

Is there a way to watch multiplayer games as others play? that would be amazing

Lastly, how do you zoom so far out on the map?? higher screen res using the voodoo wrapper or?
10  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Dark Omen additional campaigns? on: December 17, 2022, 05:20:02 AM
Hi, yes the latest mod pack in the help fix guide contains all the latest campaigns and my Dark Omen 2 mod, demonstrates what can be achieved in terms of new armies on new maps etc. However, it does require a new campaign to then become an official successor Smiley

Sounds good so is the a release date or any plans for a campaign? I love this game and need more Cheesy I'd help but i dont know much about game design and/or programming etc.
11  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Dark Omen additional campaigns? on: December 15, 2022, 12:50:57 PM
Hey all

Long time Dark Omen player here. After completing the game an insane amount of times I'm looking for more...

Are there any really good additional campaigns (not the undead or green skins etc as i tried those ages ago and wasn't feeling it)

I basically want to try what would be considered an expansion to the original game if there is such a mod/add on out there.

Thanks in advance.
Pages: [1]