March 29, 2024, 09:50:31 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: 3D mode and Win8 [ Dark Omen ] on: November 09, 2014, 10:51:37 PM
Thank you for your help, in any case. I'll just have to be content  with the new campaigns and units then.
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: 3D mode and Win8 [ Dark Omen ] on: November 09, 2014, 10:46:27 PM
No luck. Now the game has the black screen and music playing, a problem which i encountered when installing it before. I read a post somewhere on the forum that the vista / win7 fix forces the game to use direct draw... is there any way to bypass this by editing the fix itself? If not, it looks like I'll have to settle for the software version. It's lame that nvda cards can run it and ati can not.

By the way, what about glide wrappers? Could they help?
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: 3D mode and Win8 [ Dark Omen ] on: November 09, 2014, 10:02:31 PM
Thank you for the advice, I'll try it out.

I've uninstalled dark omen, but don't know where the left over registry files are located. I've looked through the software folders in both the current user and local machine folders, and there are no dark omen / electronic arts / warhammer folders to delete.
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: 3D mode and Win8 [ Dark Omen ] on: November 09, 2014, 08:19:31 PM
Greetings fellow Dark Omen lovers!

The urge to play a warhammer game hit me a couple of days ago and i tried to give shadow of the horned rat a go. Since its pc interface is extremely clunky and the psx version is nigh unplayable on an emulator without input from the mouse, I decided it was time to go back to Dark Omen once more. Browsing the internet i even discovered that you guys had some amazing sounding new campaigns and army options, and, more importantly, a fix for the 3d version of the game.

Here is why I've decided to write in this topic specifically. In short I can't get the 3d version of the game to work. I've installed the game from an iso, copied and replaced the exe and savegame folders, added the d3d.dll file and the modded engrel files first from the "darkOmenMods" pack and then when that didn't work from the "dogr3darmyfix" pack.

Nothing works - the game runs fine in 16 bit 640x480, but i can't set the 3d in the options, it is grayed out. In and of itself this isn't that big of an issue, but I'd really like to play the 3d mode as I've played it this cpu rendering  way a few years ago and found the game looked lackluster without it, especially the mission under Karstein's castle.

I have windows 7 64 bit and an ati radeon hd 3870 video card if that makes any difference. Any and all help will be appreciated.
Pages: [1]