April 19, 2024, 01:26:14 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 148
1981  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Stronghold Crusader on: July 17, 2009, 06:47:55 PM
Classic Game and may have to dig out my old CD and get online,

Time permitting, Hot pitch at the ready Men!

Smiley

1982  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: "EngRel.exe is not a valid Win32 application" on Vista... HELP!?!? on: July 17, 2009, 06:46:05 PM
If you have followed my guide

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvista-game-fixes-t111.0.html

and still have problems, then I would suggest it was your version of Dark Omen, unless you are using

an original CD. As it sounds like the .exe is corrupt, perhaps.

Smiley

1983  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Help running DO with windows XP! on: July 13, 2009, 08:35:54 PM
Yes, i will be online at that time to assist you but first,

please confirm for my benefit -

1) You sucessfully joined your friend's game, when he Hosted.

So you both joined a Hamachi Channel and as Host he started Dark Omen up and went to Multiplayer-> PlayTCP/IP Connection for DirectPlay and Connect but as Host he left the next box blank/empty and then choose to Create a Game.

(For Host = TCP/IP Box Blank or Empty but to Join a Game = Insert Host IP)

Then u started your game and chose Multiplayer-> PlayTCP/IP-Connection for DirectPlay and Connect but then pasted in his Hamachi IP (since he is the Host you want to Join) and Successfully Joined his Game.

2) However, when you try and Host a Game there is problem?

Please also Confirm how you Host by -

Starting Dark Omen -> Multiplayer-> PlayTCP/IP Connection for DirectPlay and Connect but as Host you leave the next box blank/empty and then choose to Create a Game. Then your friend starts his game and choses Multiplayer-> PlayTCP/IP-Connection for DirectPlay and Connect but then pastes in your Hamachi IP, since you are now the Host, he wants to Join.

If this is all confirmed to be True then it implies that your Friend is fine but you still have something preventing him Joining, therefore you must follow the Guide and do Steps 1, 2 and 3. If you can confirm that you already have, then recheck, otherwise He must use Step 5 Forcebindip (starts Game with new Icon) to Force Join to your Game, remembering, DO NOT use Forcebindip to Host games, only to Join.

Again, if you both have already tried this then Provide your friend with your Public Router IP in Step 4, to use when Joining your Hosted Game, instead of your Hamachi IP.

If he still has trouble connecting to your Hosted Game then You should try Step 6 and Promote your Hamachi Network and then restart your PC and re -Host, remembering to Leave the TCP/IP Box Blank when Hosting and only the opponent has to paste in the Host's IP to Join.

Please also confirm your Hamachi Status and Version 1.0.3.0, hopefully you see each other as Green Stars in Hamachi (Good Connection) and not Blue Arrows (Bad Connection/Relay Server 8kbps). However, since you say You can Join His Game then it sounds like You need to do Step 1,2,3,4 and 6, else he has to try Step 5 to Force Join to your Hosted Games.

Please be patient and test, as it is always worth it in the End and I always get it to work, incase you meet other members who also have trouble Joining your Hosted Games. Simply advise them to use Forcebindip, if you can confirm that you, as Host have already done Step 1 -Firewall/AV, Step 2-Open Hamachi Ports, Step 3-Open Router Ports, Step 4-Provide him your Public Router Ip and Step 6-Promoted Hamachi.

Smiley

ps. There is always GameRanger Lobby to try, that has proved to work fine for most
http://forum.dark-omen.org/multiplayer/gameranger-a-new-place-to-play-dark-omen-online-t157.0.html

Yes, i will be online at that time to assist further... since Dark Omen  Multiplayer connections can be Random
between members, as you both may be able to play everyone else, except yourselves until completing my Guide

http://forum.dark-omen.org/index.php/topic,110.msg309.html#msg309
1984  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Help running DO with windows XP! on: July 13, 2009, 01:11:58 AM
sure,

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-multiplayer-connection-fixes-t110.0.html

Smiley
1985  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Help running DO with windows XP! on: July 12, 2009, 09:57:45 PM
If you have an Nvidia Graphics Card and an old Stlye CRT monitor (or possibly very new TFT)

then I have Developed a Guide that will allow Full 3d Mode on XP/Vista and Im confident with Radeon.

http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/dark-omen-in-full-3d-mode-high-res-xp-and-no-flicker-t248.0.html

I also suggest the possible improvement of the CPU water Texture if possible

and please check out my Guide to Rob's Audio converter  http://wiki.dark-omen.org/do/DO/Audio

Smiley
1986  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Funny images ov Warhammer on: July 12, 2009, 01:24:20 AM
Smiley
1987  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: July 12, 2009, 01:22:44 AM
After a substantial amount of new Characters have been created,

they will then be Packaged up with A Future Mod installer which will

allow Fans to easily Select a Race and Launch Dark Omen, simply by clicking

on thier Respective Picture. The Plan is to also add alternative Audio and Menus.

Smiley

1988  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / News / Re: He joined the dark side on: July 12, 2009, 12:45:25 AM
Welcome and Congratulations

Smiley
1989  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Help running DO with windows XP! on: July 08, 2009, 06:09:57 PM
http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-multiplayer-connection-fixes-t110.0.html
1990  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Giant on: July 08, 2009, 10:40:57 AM
With Rob's BTB editor and other excellent Tools it will be possible

to alter the Waypoints of the AI and Behavouir and possibly how they Enter the

Battlefield but unfortunately there will be some restrictions, we would imagine.

So you will have to wait for WARTBED for complete Campaign remakes.

Smiley

ps By adding new 3d buildings it adds tactics to the battlefield; my Last Level Pyramids

has many buildings/obstacles that break up the middle of Battlefield and add more Line of Sight -> Tactics.

Wink
1991  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Help running DO with windows XP! on: July 08, 2009, 10:37:52 AM
I'm on hamachi nearly every night, Welcoming any new members and

fixing any of their problems, so they can successfully play Multiplayer

and I train them up to join our Monthly Tournaments.

Hope to see you on the battlefield soon.

Smiley

ps. there are great plans to add all the Warhamemr Races and work has begun
on Dark Elf and others and I know that Chaos and Lizardmen are high on the To do List.
1992  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Giant on: July 08, 2009, 10:09:50 AM
My eventual Dwarf v Greenskin Mod will also contain

New Campaigns and new Mutliplayer Characters, such as

1) Orc Boar Charriots
2) Goblin Wolf Charriots
3) Goblin Wolf Rider Archers
4) Goblin Wolf Riders and Spider Riders
5) Goblin Stickers/Spearmen
6) Pump Wagon
7) Doom Glider
6) Giants
7) Orc Warboss, (mounted option), Black Orcs and many of my other favourites

8 ) Dwarf Crossbowmen, Axemen, Thunders, Armoured etc
9)  Dwarf Hammers and many other assorted Dwarves, including a few Chaos Dwarf.

but will also contain new Audio/Speech/Music and possibly new Cutscenes and Game Menus to demonstrate the power of our(Rob/Mikademus etc) Mod tools, as well as being set on Modded maps that will have new 3d Buildings and scenary to alter game play tactics. However, as you know, it does take alot of time but thats my eventual idea and hopefully we will have other races to combine into a Mod Addon package with a User friendly Mod Installer which they simply click on a Picture of a Race to alter the game and Launch Dark Omen.

Smiley
1993  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Help running DO with windows XP! on: July 08, 2009, 08:58:54 AM
Hi Crix and Welcome,

it's very easily fixed for Dark Omen to run on XP/Vista/Win7

http://forum.dark-omen.org/index.php/topic,111.msg310.html#msg310

Smiley
1994  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Dwarves on: July 08, 2009, 12:06:08 AM
Mattimus,

it just takes practice, so please tell me your areas of interest
and perhaps u could start by enhancing/Modifying/improving my
Hammer Dwarves, as their hammer and finer detail need adding.

Brapus, you could do the same to the existing DOC111 Slayer Sprite and enhance/Modify him.

Smiley

1995  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Introduction / Re: I am back:D on: July 07, 2009, 10:54:28 PM
Welcome back,

Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 148