April 19, 2024, 01:12:30 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Warhammer Online on: June 02, 2015, 03:34:07 PM
It has returned... Somewhat, private server though with not too many players (seems to be around 100).

http://www.returnofreckoning.com/index.php
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: New Army mod in the making on: June 01, 2015, 10:49:35 PM
Got any updates Demigan? Sounds like a promising and interesting idea.
3  Modifications / Tools / Re: Mod Selector on: June 01, 2015, 06:37:21 PM
Forgot to say that I'm playing on Windows 7 64 bit.
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: Fair Omen, as Single Player? on: June 01, 2015, 02:31:45 PM
" General Info

Fair Omen reorganizes Regiments/Items giving them a suitable Size/Price/Order and corrects some mistakes from programmers. Regiments have a mathematical Structure based on multiplies of 60 and were distributed forming Factions.

All Troops were resized into an Epic Scale: 1-3-6-9-12-16-20-26-32. To edit an Army you have Total Freedom: You have permission to purchase any number of a same Regiment and there aren’t limits for Experienced Regiments or Items.

Mobile Artillery: Siege machines now have 2 Movement points and “Will never rout”. They are Single units with 3 Wounds/3 Toughness. Don’t have close attack. Ballistic Skill: Imperial Cannon +1 (to 4); Orc Ballista +1 (to 4).

Initiative boost: Regiments have +2 Initiative to improve their pathfinding. Movement: Vampire -1 (to 5); Wraiths +1 (to 5).

Leadership boost: Regiments have +1 Leadership to fight longer. Exceptions: Wood Elves/Wights/Mummies (all keep L8).

Grail Knights: They replace Knights of the Realm to have more variated Cavalry. Grail Knights are “Immune to fear”.

Greenskins improvements: Orc Biguns are “Immune to fear”. Monsters become Squads -> Trolls: 3/3, Spiders: 3/3, Scorpions: 6/6.

Errors corrected from programmers: Despite descriptions, Mercenary Ogres didn’t “Cause fear” and Zombies weren’t “Immune to fear”.
Experienced Troops

Old System: In DO, next level doubles the Regiment "last price": e.g. Zombies prices are 270 (L1)/ 540 (L2)/ 2160(L4 FE). Considering gold spent, it’s quite clear that Quantity is more convenient than Quality.

New System: In FO, next levels will have a small increase depending on the Regiment performance. Also adds "shield upgrades" where Regiments with higher level also come with higher armor, always based on the Racial limits. "

I like the fact that Big Un's are immune to fear, and the error that Ogres actually didnt cause fear, and the fact that zombies werent immunte to fear either. Its too easy to kill zombies since they easily run after one flaming head or too much losses, then just die because they are fleeing. I also find the ability to move artillery but might get too easy then in the campaign though. Never route is also pretty good since you cannot actually "save" your artillery then. I havent looked into what more special changes were made for each unit.

And yes the campaigns, I've tried both of them and damn they are hard. The goblins are so afraid of the dwarves, and the Chaos Dwarves mounted units are extremely weak, are they really supposed to be that weak? They barely kill anything and run away after just a few deaths. Very interesting though and fun to play, but damn its hard.
5  Modifications / Tools / Re: Mod Selector on: May 30, 2015, 09:28:01 PM
Yes I do. I've tried other mods and all works fine, all done on a fresh clean DO install. The only problem i've had has been with Mod Selector and Fair Omen, and they both give me the same error.
6  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Fair Omen, as Single Player? on: May 30, 2015, 07:41:25 PM
Is this even possible? I really like the balancing changes that is made to many of the units and the upgrade of bigger regiments. I've tried to make some changes in wh32edit but kind of hard to make changes to each and every map, but is that really the only way? Cant seem to find either what maps are which either.

To simplify, is there a simple way to put the Fair Omen changes into the single player campaign?
7  Modifications / Tools / Re: Mod Selector on: May 30, 2015, 07:29:32 PM
Ello there. Tried to "install" this mod selector but can't get it to work. Having the same problems with Fair Omen, when i mod the game with either Fair or Mod Selector, I am unable to run the game. All i get is a black screen and a total computer freeze wich can only be fixed with a manual reset with the restart button.
8  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: Any survivors in 2015?? :) on: May 30, 2015, 07:25:33 PM
Aye! I have risen from the depths of Sweden to try and play some Dark Omen. True novice when it comes to multiplayer though since i have never ever played it agains human opponents, but if someone actually still playing i would not say no to a battle. Add me on gamerange: nuuren@hotmail.com
Pages: [1]