May 05, 2024, 02:09:30 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: Release V1.10a Out now! Get it while its hot! on: April 07, 2010, 05:22:35 PM
First, if game crashes a lot, try Game-Ranger connection instead of Hamachi.

Second, I would like Dwarves (or Chaos D) to have xbowen and give the Handgunners to Empire (or those in a horse, like Pistoliers). The true is that Chaos Dwarves are too expensive, so a cheaper range regiment is not bad seen (expensive catapult and some "cheaper" xbowen... 750gc instead of 900gc?)

Giving crossbows to the normal Dwarves and handguns to empire is a good solution. It have the added benefit of making dwarves and chaos dwarves more different.

The chaos dwarves gunnes got higher bs and cause panic. In my experience they are very dangerous and worthy of their high cost. Does anybody else got an opionon on this? Also remember that the Chaos Dwarves can recruit cheap goblins (an option that normal dwarves don't got).

Dwarves are currently considered to be an above average race on the par with elves. Compared to halberdiers (the standard 450 unit) they got 1 less m and I but 1 extra armour, WS, T, and 2 ekstra LD. If they preform badly I would think that a better solution is increasing the size of their unit.
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: Release V1.10a Out now! Get it while its hot! on: April 07, 2010, 07:55:49 AM
I supose  this might change if there i a public outcry for handgunners
Outcry.
[/quote]

I knew it. Traitor!
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: Release V1.10a Out now! Get it while its hot! on: April 07, 2010, 02:10:56 AM
@mormacili1: Will you be part of the mini-Tournament test of DOE this Sunday?

Dark Omen have not worked online on my computer for some time now. Doubt the problems will be over by Sunday.

Did you consider giving empire handgunners? (infantry with pistols + low bs strength)

We have considered it, but because there so many other guns in the mod (dwarves and chaos dwarves) we decided against it. The empire archer will however be replaced by a new crossbowman based on the artillery crew sprite. I supose  this might change if there i a public outcry for handgunners Wink
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Dark Omen Expanded / Re: Release V1.10a Out now! Get it while its hot! on: April 07, 2010, 12:43:15 AM
In Warhammer Fantasy battle a normal bow have 24 in range and strenght 3 while ha crossbow got range 30 and strenght 4. This seem to correspond to how these weapons work in dark omen. In the tabletop game dark elves use repeating crossbow wich got range 24 and strenght 3 (and armour piercing in the newest edition). The repeating crossbow also have the option firing double the normal rate at the cost of reduced precison.

Becaus of this we have in DOE made the dark elves fire as if they were using a normal bow, but with higher BS (wich in dark omen means that they reload quicker) to represent their higher rate of fire. This makes them function much closer to their tabletop counterparts both in visually and in rule terms.

A gigantic hydra would be really cool, but Grend's Hydra is really closer to the tabletop version (especially the 6. edition one wich we used as reference). Besides the monsterus size of your hydra sort of demand a equally monsterus statline wich probably would unbalance games involving it.

The Shamans spider is just a way to give him a small boost in combat and mobility. We have considered units of goblin spider riders, but at present I belive they would have too simlar role to the squig hoppers (the goblins may get wolves unit s to makeing them even more redundant). Agree/disagree?

and can you at leasttt please make 3/3 spiders and scorpions?? pleasee pleaseee and 450 or 600 gold please please, i will do all you want during a  year Tongue

You just wait until we relase Khemri with their scorpion swarms (normal sized scorpions that is).

Thanks for all crit we need it to improve DOE.
Pages: [1]