April 19, 2024, 12:22:50 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Dark Omen movies' & (3D engine) meetings' subtitiles on: August 06, 2016, 03:31:46 PM
Hello again!

Is there a possibility to switch on subtitles for movies & 3D engine cinematics (campaign in-between-battle meetings) in Dark Omen?
As far as I remember 'Warhammer - Shadow of Horned Rat' had subtitles.

By unknown reason I have very low sound volume in in-between-battle 3D engine portrait cinematics.
I can hear almost nothing.
(I can only see moving lips of characters on portraits, but speech is like quiet mumbling noise of broken radio.)

While movies sound level is better & can be controlled via Options, as for me it is hard to recognize some concrete words.
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Dark Omen doesn't play movies on: August 06, 2016, 02:33:04 PM
I've made Dark Omen movies to play in-game.

Here how I have done this:
My HP 635 laptop has a fresh Win7 x64 installation without many official manufacturer drivers for laptop's devices.
So I've installed AMD High-Definition graphics driver on the laptop.
The driver version is 8.861.1.2000 2011-11-18 from support.hp.com (the latest available driver for my laptop & OS) to be exact.
I've restarted the OS & now movies play.
(With AMD High-Definition graphics driver installed but without an OS restart movies don't play.)

Maybe the next info would be useful for someone (I am not sure).
For those who curios here's my registry screenshots (the one requested & the another one of other Dark Omen registry records found by olly's advice).
The 2nd screenshot shows HKCU (HKEY current user) for Dark Omen pathes.
It's clear that while HKLM contains fixed path for movies, but HKCU contains 'incorrect' path for movies (g:\darkomen\movies). G is the drive letter for my Daemon Tools virtual CD-ROM drive where I mounted 'Warhammer - Dark Omen' disk image (*.bin + *.cue) & from where I installed 'Dark Omen' to my system.

I don't know if HKCU Dark Omen registry records interfer with those correct ones of HKLM, but all in all now movies play.
It worth to note that Dark Omen CD-ROM image is still in G virtual drive also.
So I am not sure which registry records are used actually.
I suppose your modified (fixed) EngRel.exe uses HKLM records only actually. (I use your version of EngRel.exe.)
Otherwise it's unclear why one should modify HKLM in accordance with 'Ultimate Dark Omen fix forum guide' ( http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html ) and the guide has nothing to say about modification of HKCU also.
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Dark Omen doesn't play movies on: August 06, 2016, 01:48:34 AM
I made the both actions you mentioned (copied movies folder from the CD to the game installation directory & verified the registry key) before posted this topic.
So I'm looking for some other possible fix overlooked by me.

Also it should be noted that I can hear sounds of movies while the screen is black.
(Or are movies & soundtrack of these movies (speech) separated into different folders/files & are played back separately? It's hard to believe it can be so.)
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Dark Omen doesn't play movies on: August 06, 2016, 01:00:35 AM
Hello!

I've installed the game as described at:
http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html

Awesome work you do here!
Thanks!

I passed the tutorial.
But I can't see the intro movie & the 1st campaign movie within the game.

Searched through the forum for problems with movies but unable to find any topic related directly to my problem.

OS used is Windows 7 x64.

Does everyone experience dark screen on Win7 when the intro movie & the 1st campaign movie are supposed to playback?
Or is this bug a well known one & has an appropriate fix?
Pages: [1]