March 28, 2024, 02:44:46 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33
1  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: YouTube random videos on: May 14, 2011, 10:58:58 AM
Fantastic! With chokepoints to defend, like  blocking bridges, units that have been of relatively little use will now become much more viable! Also, I love the encromancer tower sentry!
2  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: YouTube random videos on: May 11, 2011, 10:11:54 PM
Wow! That was... thrilling... Such action is seldom seen! The greyhound did especially well.
3  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: SoTHR and DO on Rockpapershotgun on: May 10, 2011, 03:25:22 PM
That will be excellent advertisement! And perhaps we can even haul in a few more people to the tournaments! Smiley
4  Modifications / 3D Scenery Models / Re: New BETA Fotress Siege Map on: May 08, 2011, 05:46:41 PM
Speaking of wet dreams, Olly, you're making mine! Smiley Looks amazing! <teaser>And it will be even more so when we soon can easily adjust the height maps.</teaser>
5  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / SoTHR and DO on Rockpapershotgun on: May 08, 2011, 05:02:53 PM
http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/05/07/gaming-made-me-games-workshop-made-me/

Seems like the correct place to say hi and mention that the games live and we still have tournaments, modding tools are being made, and perhaps also push for Wartbed!

Olly is our Ambassador so I thought I'd mention it here Smiley
6  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: YouTube random videos on: April 25, 2011, 05:51:23 PM
For the record, we real swedes consider that guy a wuzz. We open our cans with dynamite. Inside a moose.
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Re: DARK OMEN DUEL - A New Whay Of Playing! on: April 25, 2011, 05:39:26 PM
I realise I am late to this thread but I just wanted to say I appreciate this game mode. It seems fun! If you still would like to work on it I would recommend making a page on our wiki, where you can edit and update as you discover what balance is best!
8  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Get Better Nitrox on: April 24, 2011, 02:06:48 PM
Nitrox, I too wish you all my best and a speedy recovery! Love and health!!
9  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: How are you doing? on: April 24, 2011, 02:05:35 PM
I have my Easter holiday and when the stress of work falls off I immediately started missing you guys, came here, and said hello! Hope you are all well!
10  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: WOB World Of Battles on: April 24, 2011, 01:50:09 PM
I actually tried this some months ago, and the first thing that happened was that I was called "faggot' by the kids playing it. It also then felt rough in game play and presentation and not very fun. I felt it had promise though, and it might have become much better since then.
11  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / News / Re: 10000 Posts! on: February 27, 2011, 11:04:41 PM
Impressive!!!

12  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: What's being worked on at the moment? on: February 21, 2011, 06:45:52 PM
I'm willing to give you all the tips you want on programming Smiley Feel free to PM me, or make a thread here if you want to let other people also share in on the discussion. We can discuss the map viewer code there.

Much of the code is actually already available since it uses the PrjParser and BtbParser classes (named after the two most important files for a battle: the .PRJ (PRoJect) and .BTB (BaTtle Boundaries) files). These classes are f.i. used in the CLIEditor (Command LIne) and Ghabry's WH32Edit.
13  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: What's being worked on at the moment? on: February 20, 2011, 11:31:37 AM
Thanks for the info Ghabry! I use pure STL streams for file access with maximal cross-platform compatibility, which should work with any file system. That said, NTFS is MS-specific and its specifications has never been published, and Visual Studio's STL is MS-implemented so one would think that MS's STL would be able to handle MS's tweaks to its own NTFS.

The point is that while I will look into it this might actually be a bug in the MS libraries and as such outside of something I can do anything about. I trust that you can turn off compression on the Dark Omen folders meanwhile?
14  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: What's being worked on at the moment? on: February 19, 2011, 09:19:19 PM
Oh yeah, sorry. You need to edit the shortcut files in the install folder.

My shortcut files has the "start in" property set to "E:\Development\[ WARTBED ]\resources", and you need your to reflect your own path, for instance "c:\chthulu\Dark Omen Map Viewer\resources", if that is where you installed it.
15  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: What's being worked on at the moment? on: February 19, 2011, 11:29:11 AM
Download link for the curious:

Dark Omen Map Viewer 0.7.5

Note that there is no fancy installer here, so you will have to edit the "cfg/dark omen map viewer.config" file manually to set your Dark Omen game path.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 33