May 19, 2024, 01:03:12 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit problem! on: August 06, 2011, 08:46:03 PM
No change Sad
But thanks for trying. I'll play game with my desktop computer with XP on it. Problem is I need plug peripheral devices (like speakers and mouse) back and forth between desktop and laptop.

[edit]
It seems turning graphics to CPU will cause same problems with my XP desktop as has been described with Win7 laptop. I had to uninstall and reinstall game to get it back to working 3d. Also I had to stow my laserprinter to closet in order to make room for 19" CRT on the table becouse game graphics flicker on LCD monitor.
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit problem! on: August 03, 2011, 08:39:28 PM
and let us know how you get on and are you installing as Adminstrator (right click on setup and select Run as Administrator) that Ghabry mentions earlier in this post.
Uninstalled game and installed again as instructed. Installed the updates and checked the registry. Still no go Sad

"MMXParticaleQuality"="1"
Is this typo?
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit problem! on: August 02, 2011, 04:49:46 PM
It sounds more like Alt Tab problem/solution, sorry if u already tried this.
Now I have. Screen is and stays blank through intro videos and after those. Menu music plays. Alt-tabbing brings other windows and programs on screen at resolution of the game menu.
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit problem! on: August 01, 2011, 05:21:44 PM
Win 7 Dark Omen Reg Options Settings

http://www.sendspace.com/file/rl3ea3

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Electronic Arts\Dark Omen\1.0\Options\Options]
"Selected"="1"
"HardwareSelected"="380"
"SoftwareSelected"="356"
"MMXSelected"="160"
"ToolTips"="1"
"MusicVolume"="474"
"SFXVolume"="783"
"SoftwareSoundQuality"="2"
"SoftwareParticleQuality"="2"
"MMXSoundQuality"="2"
"MMXParticaleQuality"="1"
"HardwareSoundQuality"="2"
"HardwareParticleQuality"="2"
"InformationNum"="0"

Smiley

Does not work for me: menu music plays but screen gets stuck
Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit, Finnish language
Processor: AMD Turion II
Monitor: LCD 1920x1080

To top that off, game gets similarly stuck with my dektop PC with WinXP on it. I had no such problems with desktop when it still had 19" CRT (desktop resolution: 1600x1200) connected. Is monitor problem here?

[edit]
I run game from image file run with DAEMON Tools Lite. Image file is from original game CD which I own.
Pages: [1]