April 25, 2024, 04:36:57 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8
46  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign with more AI Units on: October 24, 2009, 11:44:26 PM
There are so many errors, it whould taked days to count them  Grin

Thats the first map where you have to protect the steamtank. B2_04, with the AI-script from the blighted towers. that means more waves + waypoints, (friendly units=changed enemy to good) and artillery.
It was just a test if its possible to mix all the battlefiles. I used all grafics from ballte B2_04, the CTL  B2_05, changed the BTB from B2_05 a lot. Because you need new boarders, new obstacle borders or the units walk through, set triggers new and so on.

E.g. you remember the stupidity of the enemy at the first map? "Give" him more power with a better AI-script!  Grin

I have a question:
Which programs do i need (freeware if possible) to write a tool which is able to copy a block of the hexecode(e.g. borders from obstackles, saved in a database) and paste it into the new file? or shotly, i want to write a tool to create new BTB files without stupid copy paste nearly every byte  Tongue
create graphic interface like WH32edit?

47  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: What are you're favorite units in the campaing? on: October 24, 2009, 08:48:16 PM
top 5 liked

-flagelants
-greatswords
-grudgebringerinfantry
-canons
-treeman

top 5 hated

-pistoliers
-icemage
-dwarfs
-elvearchers
-mortar
48  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: What means your NickName on: October 24, 2009, 08:10:18 PM
Malus Darkblade is a lord from the Warhammer Darkelves.
He rides on a Cold One named Spite.

But don´t ask me why i use a troll-avatar  Grin

just for fun i think or its time for an update
49  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign with more AI Units on: October 24, 2009, 03:36:13 PM
Pls guys, take a look at this fight and say whats quite wrong there.

Who will find the error??  Wink

50  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign with more AI Units on: October 23, 2009, 12:44:37 PM
New video of the Tradingpostmap without the flickering.

fraps 4tw  Grin

51  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: 3 Campaigns - Elf, Orc and Undead on: October 21, 2009, 05:23:11 PM
Oh yes, the special folder ofcourse  Grin

now it should work
52  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: 3 Campaigns - Elf, Orc and Undead on: October 20, 2009, 10:46:01 PM
There is it!

Treeman>Greatsword
Pistoliers>GrudInfantry
Elves>Crossbows
Vampire>Canon

Just overwrite the "unliked units", you get 2 treeman at the treemanmission, 2 elves if your chose the woodway and so on.

Download the file behind the spoiler.
Unzip the file
Copy the armyfile PLYR_ALL from the special folder into your blabla\Programs\Dark Omen\GameData\1PARM folder

have fun  Grin
53  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: 3 Campaigns - Elf, Orc and Undead on: October 20, 2009, 07:15:03 PM
If you want the treeman stays to your army you have two ways:
1.(easy) replace an other permanent unit with the treeman, e.g. the icemage, greatswords (not units like carlson, countess)
Use the WH32Edit tool from this page
2.(hard) change all BTB-files from the missions and make the treeman available-> every map BTBfile says which units(id) can fight at the map. e.g. at 1 mission they are 1,2,3,4
For the treeman these are only the missionfiles after the treemanmission.
The problem! After mission "treeman" the treeman is set to "inactive", so you have to edit the savefile after this mission.
Use the Wh32Edit tool and the BTB-viewer from this page.

I think you havn´t any experience with these tools so i can change the starting armyfile for you and upload this at the forum. Pls let me know which unit you want to change to the treeman. I prefer the greatswords or the dwarfs  Grin
Sorry fans, but who use the dwarfs at the missions? They just stay arround with 0 kills and they are to slow to follow a (fleeing unit!)

greetings malus
54  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Making videos of DO on: October 20, 2009, 05:47:51 PM
I got it!!

This fraps is awesome, i love it!!
Its time to make new videos and delete the old flickering shit  Grin
55  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign with more AI Units on: October 18, 2009, 04:32:56 PM
And is it possible to edit these CTL files? That whould be great!!

56  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign with more AI Units on: October 18, 2009, 04:11:31 PM
They must be controled by AI cause they are friendly units which helps you  Grin

Yes they are stupid but its funny to look how they fight!
57  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign with more AI Units on: October 18, 2009, 04:07:56 PM
I dont know it realy exactly but it seems that every map has its own AI script. They are saved in the engrel.exe.
At the BTB file you can only change the script witch the units use.
You cant use the script from battle 4 at map 1, only the script on the same map.
They are saved at numbers like 1,2,10 and so on.
The script says what the unit does, i.e. when does it spawn at the map or which way does it use

At the BTB-file there are some saved but unused units or unimportant triggers or just triggers for multiplayer which you can edit and change them to a new AI unit. Many bugs apear if you change one wrong trigger, i.e. at map 2 i changed the goal for the patrol to new units and when playing these guys walk together and disapear =)

At my modded Tradingpost i use the two scripts from the first gobz for the two friendly townguards.

The BTB files are very interesting but its difficult to understand all the stuff.

58  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign with more AI Units on: October 18, 2009, 03:55:51 PM
Have you ever thought about how the Blighted Towers could conquered by the orcs?

Here is a scenariomap for singleplayer.
How to use:
-first! Your need a max install(or some regedit changes) of the game. Otherwise the game use the gamedata of the CD. If you havn´t something like that, you cant play this scenario ;/
-download the scenario
-unzip the scenariofolder
-go to your blabla/DO/GameData/1pbat and make a backup from the battle B2_05.
-go to the scenario/blighted towers/B2_05 folder (that one you have dl) and copy the two files into your DO/GameData/1pbat/B2_05 folder
-from the folder scenario/blighted towers/savegame copy the savefile "darkomen.069" (there is only one in it) into your DO/Savegame folder
-run DO and load the savegame named "Battle of the Blighted Towers" and enjoy it

History:
No one have survived to write it down.......and orcs cant write!!

59  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Campaign with more AI Units on: October 18, 2009, 11:39:48 AM
There it is!

The first two puplic maps with some changes.

The video was very bad and so i think its the best you play the maps by your self.
60  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Making videos of DO on: October 17, 2009, 11:37:05 PM
My records sucks too Sad

After changing the DO gamesettings to very bad eyekilling one, only the banners and the interface flickers.

I have checked nearly all CamStudiosettings but nothing helps to fix this stupid flickering.

I think i got a better quali if i use my digicam  Grin
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8