April 20, 2024, 05:50:16 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 48
16  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: My incoming INDIEGOGO campaing on: March 01, 2013, 08:38:42 PM
Thanks olly, by the way , this grapchis were made thanks to experience on making DO sprites XD
17  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: My incoming INDIEGOGO campaing on: February 26, 2013, 06:17:32 PM
here isthe link to campaing:

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/343121/x/2479833
18  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: My incoming INDIEGOGO campaing on: February 26, 2013, 12:08:22 AM
WELL IT IS ME, I MADE THE POST WITH JERONIMOS ACCOUNT BY MISTAKE Smiley .. anyway, jeronimo helps with economics asswell Cheesy
19  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Question about 4 bit 8 bit etc on: January 28, 2013, 08:47:25 PM
So, here i put images of the reason i am asking all this; i am trying to make a tabletop game taht makes kind of "honour" to old games, but well, i had all that doubts about pixel and colours.

what amazes me, is the diference betwen this images i made, wich i passed it to 18 colorus (hehe no one will notice the 2 extra)

and this one, a image from google, wich i passed to 16

so with this i finally understand that master of monster might be 16 colours per image file, right?
20  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Question about 4 bit 8 bit etc on: January 28, 2013, 03:31:09 AM
thanks for answer, now my last doubt is about how a game is organized, an old game, with the sprites/animation and static images colours.

the main game i have in mind is  master of monster, from 1991, here i put some images, you google it and have more of course:

The sprites of units, they look like 8 colours, the thing is, when youplay there are 3 elements that i see , wich  makes me think, first, the interface grapchis/colours (yellow, black and other colours), then, the map  colours, the colours of terrains and finally, the colour of the units that appears in the mini menu.

so my question is , the screen of the game allow "X" (256?) amount of colours, that colours , the pallete, are.. how many? cause, the units, lets say they are 8 colours, like dark omen, but bigger sprites, and then the map has X colours, and the menu X colours...

The result of the adding of all colours is the number if colours that the game screen allows?

this is MESSY but the right example is in dark omen, the game has images with 256 colours, however in the game, when you play you have, the colours of each unit, the colour of terrain textures etc etc and that is a lot more of 256 colours? it doesnt matter how many objects are being displayed as long as each of them has less than 256 colours.

when i talked about the "adding" of colours in the screen play of master of monster i refered to that; if wi add the colours of each unit in the game, lets say 7 colours X 20 squads, we already have 140 diferent colours in the units, and then, the textures... we have a lot more of 256 colours.

So with that, i htink, it doesnt matter the amount of objects, as long each one has a limited palete 4, 8 16 256 colours.

but.. is that, the same way in an older game? like master of monster, i dont see MoM having 10000 diferent colours in screen but with each sprite/image with no more than 8/16..

so, does MoM and other early 90´s games, have a pallete of  8/ 16/64/128/256 colours, and that colours are divided in all the games sprites?

same for DO? 16 bit is how many colours? if 8 bit is 256 colurs, 16 well, is obviusly more. so it has a maximum of colurs and from there, it has sprites and textures with lots of diferents colours. Smiley

If i finally understood (i am loud thinking), master of mosnter have a MAIN colour pallete from wich each image file uses a limited number .. wich is the only thing i dont know.. but things look like 8.. the main menu maybe is 16 colour? and ... the main pallete, how many colours may have? :0

21  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Question about 4 bit 8 bit etc on: January 27, 2013, 04:52:40 PM
oh, and the pixel/inch is 72 in all? atleast in the 1990´s games ?
22  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Question about 4 bit 8 bit etc on: January 27, 2013, 02:09:06 AM
So, dark omen is 8 bit/256 colours right? and it has 8 colour sprites, to use low memory, reserving the 256 colour to menu and terrain becuase they are static images?

Now, i will tell what i understood and you tell me if i am right: so, the old games can have 256 however in a low resolution, wich gives the games that special "pixeled touch", fantasy general loosk like an 256 coluour game however it doesnt looks like if a take a photo with my 5megapixel camera and then convert the image to 256 colour, that would be due to the resolution of thegame wich is... 640x 480?  800x600¿¿

so, in resume, in a 16 32 bit computer, the games are with lower resolution and colour palete to take less memory and be faster.

A typical 1994/5/6 D.O.S game is 256 colour, with low resolution?

Oh and sorry all the questions, but, master of monster, from 1991.. it is 16 colour? 4bit? here images in good size

http://alforje.wordpress.com/2011/12/01/master-of-monsters-mega-drive/

sometimes it look like it has more than 16 colours, for example you have the hex-map colours + the unit images colour + menu colour..
23  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Question about 4 bit 8 bit etc on: January 26, 2013, 06:38:30 PM
Hi, i really try to understand but i cant...

How does really work the BIT thing in games?

For example, i read that 8 bit, can have a 256 colour per pixel, so, why if i google "8 bit" it only appears imagenes of games with 8 colours... shoudldnt it have like 256 colour?.. why if i put " 4 bit" appears games with only 4 couours, shouldnt it have up to 16 colour palete?

Why a 32 bit computer like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atari_TT uses 8 bit instead of 32 bit colour? ..

for example, why dark omen, that has 3D grapchis (videos) and 256 colours pallete (8 bit) in menu, maps etc, has only 8 colours per sprite?

the thing is, WHY if i google 8 bit, it appears a 8 colours sprite instead of a 256 colours (as maximum) sprite? i DONT UNDESRTAND Smiley

ANd the examples that i need; the games Heroes of might and magic I (1995) and FANTASY GENERAL from 1996.. they have.. ? 256 colours? 8 bit? .. or 16 colours 4 bit... OR WHAT Sad

EDIT: here is what i am talking about; this game:

says that in the first image, black and white, it is 2bit BUT 2 bit SHOULD BE 4 COLURS! 1 bit is 2 colours... omg WHY, and the last one is 16 bit...

what i see is that they call bit to each colour.. 4 bit, 4 colours, 8 bit 8 colours.. but, why? it is a mistake? or the colours and monitor bit are diferent stuff :s.

so, if dark omen can have up to 256 colours it is 8bit, OR IT IS 256 bit JESUS CRIST :MAD:
24  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Hangover Cure... on: December 12, 2012, 04:40:40 PM
Wow! hi smurf, nice work; that last picture of undead city, can be "modified" and make it looks like the last level of dark omen campaing, the piramid is perfect.

And yes, it reminds to mount and blade XD.

If you try out DO sprites and work, it gonna be awesome when we have the sprites with call of warhammer grapchis
25  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: October Tournament on: November 02, 2012, 11:17:14 PM
I will play tomorrow! count me in. Grin
26  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Leopotam's Unity 3D Dark Omen possible remake project on: September 29, 2012, 09:23:50 PM
i just wonder, in the end, youwant to make a DARK OMEN remake, or  a "standar" game with fantasy creatures.
DO remake for mobile devices. And than, maybe, for desktop.

anyway, i can help with the art stuff , like, desing a menu, drawing, icons pictures, but i need to know how many bits 8 16 32 or what, do you use? i can draw in pc, or in paper and then scan..
32 bit png. Rendered animated models from 16 sides preferable. Each animation can contains one or more frames.

So , the units animations are 16 instead 8 like dark omen , and the point of view, is the same as dark omen, from top, angle? Smiley
27  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Leopotam's Unity 3D Dark Omen possible remake project on: September 22, 2012, 04:09:43 PM
hi, nice job Smiley

i just wonder, in the end, youwant to make a DARK OMEN remake, or  a "standar" game with fantasy creatures.

anyway, i can help with the art stuff , like, desing a menu, drawing, icons pictures, but i need to know how many bits 8 16 32 or what, do you use? i can draw in pc, or in paper and then scan..

some examples of drawings:

28  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament August on: September 22, 2012, 03:47:30 PM
hi! we could make CONQUEST days, to do that about saving army and making it stronger, or just keep with normal Tourny, i will sign up for this month tournament  Smiley maybe jeronimo too
29  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament July on: August 24, 2012, 11:39:21 PM
SO, how is the map, any bugs or problems ? Cheesy

that secret passage in the tower, is for purpose right? or a little mistake Shocked
30  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Re: What's being worked on at the moment? on: April 26, 2012, 04:32:50 AM
Wink good to see you are active , yet .

Salutes Mika
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 48