March 29, 2024, 12:41:54 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
31  Modifications / 2D Sprites / Re: Adding more Sprites to Dark Omen on: April 07, 2017, 02:49:22 PM
There is no way to make this work for me

I try to change the goblin archer banner in mission 1, just to understand how it works

1) I created the xslots.txt file in PRG_ENG folder in my mod campaign
2) I added there these lines
Code:
// NAME slot_id "a name less than 64 characters"
// SPRITE slot_id "sprite_file_no_extension" sprite_type_id
// BANNER slot_id "sprite_file_no_extension" banner_shape_id
// BOOK slot_id banner_frame "leader_sprite" "troop_sprite" "unit_description"

NAME 01 "Stormvermin"
SPRITE 001 001Stormvermin 0x00FC
BANNER 001 001B_Stormvermin 0
3) I copied the stormvermin banner and sprite from another mod (wood elf) and copied it in the right folders and renamed them to "001Stormvermin.spr" (in sprite foldsrs) and "001B_Stormvermin.spr" (in banner folders)

When I try to change the goblin archers banner (using Wh32Edit), it reverts back to the previous value when I leave the field or when I reload the file. I tried to put in the field
- [ xSlot Banner 01 ] (revert back to previous value)
- [xSlot Banner 01] (no blank spaces from brackets, revert back to previous value)
- xSlot Banner 01 (without brackets, revert back to previous value)
- 01 (it becomes "1" without the leading "0" and in game it uses the Grudgebringer Cavallry banner)

I also tried to add a xslots.txt empty file (oly comments) in original PRG_ENG folder
32  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Campaigns: Questions and suggestions on: April 06, 2017, 10:46:59 PM
Things are goint pretty well by now.
I managed to change the deploy zone of battle 1 (trading post) to the upside. In my new campaign, the enemies will defend the village they conquered and you have to recapture it, thus, the deploys are reversed: empire up, enemies defend the village

By now I've got only two problems.
1) Troups facing wrong way at deploy
All my troups, when deployed, face the wrong way (the face the same direction as they were placed in the old deploy zone), no matter the value I try to put in the "type=7 node. Not a big issue till now, because I can face them another way but it's annoying. This is the Grudgebringer Cavallry node
Code:
        <SUBRECORD type="503">
             <INT type="5"> 16387 </INT>
             <INT type="1"> 1050 </INT>
             <INT type="2"> 1400 </INT>
             <INT type="6"> 48 </INT>
             <INT type="7"> 259 </INT>
             <INT type="11"> 0 </INT>
             <INT type="12"> 1 </INT>
             <INT type="13"> 100 </INT>
         </SUBRECORD>
259 is a value I copied from a goblin unit in original campaing, hoping to make my unit face that way, but it doesn't work

2) When the battle start, the camera finally stop at the old deploy zone, even if it's not there anymore. It's not a "blocking" problem, but annoying too, like the first problem. This is the deployment zone node
Code:
    <CHUNK type="4">
         <STR type="1006"> Mercdeploy </STR>
         <INT type="5"> 259 </INT>
          <TUP2 type="10"> (960, 1560) </TUP2>
         <TUP4 type="502"> (960, 1560, 1008, 1440) </TUP4>
         <TUP4 type="502"> (1008, 1440, 984, 1320) </TUP4>
         <TUP4 type="502"> (984, 1320, 1280, 1320) </TUP4>
         <TUP4 type="502"> (1280, 1320, 1264, 1432) </TUP4>
         <TUP4 type="502"> (1264, 1432, 1272, 1560) </TUP4>
         <TUP4 type="502"> (1272, 1560, 960, 1560) </TUP4>
     </CHUNK>

I can continue my job right know, but I'll have to solve those before or then, or I'll have to change my mind on this battle I've got in mind
33  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Campaigns: Questions and suggestions on: April 06, 2017, 03:29:27 PM

This was EXACTLY was I was looking for...
I already found tons of things that clarified most of my doubt.

As always, you point directly to the right place instead of loosing time in unnecessary words. GREAT!

Thanks
34  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Campaigns: Questions and suggestions on: April 06, 2017, 01:25:24 PM
Thanks for the link. Started to study. Hoped it could be easy as the whmtg file, but sadly it's not, but it surely helped to put me on the correct path.

When you wrote "Scroll to bottom and add in new SUBCHUNK using BTB to XML converter" I unzipped the btbxml.zip file and found two files. "btbxml.py" and "xmlbtb.py"... How do I'm supposed to use those files to make the conversion?

By the way
I choosed to open the Original Game files, because I know very well the campaign and thus I kmnow what to look for
I opened the B101NME.arm and B101MRC.arm with Wh2Edit
I opened B01_01.BTB with the BTB editor
Btb file is very hard to undestand. There are A LOT of 503 subchunk. I would like to change most of the units in the map and do not want to delete things that I should not.
1) Some 503 subchunk with the "<5>INTEGER = 16387" value but with an unknown id in the <12> value (example "<12>INTEGER=258" and I do not have any troup with that id in the B101NME and B101MRC files). What's the meaning of these subchunks?
2) What's the meaning of 503 subchunks with "<5>INTEGER=1" (or =3 and =5)?
3) How do I change the deploy zone for the player?
4) What's the meaning of this "and remember to increase the 6000 header by 1. "? What's the 6000 header?
5) How do I add to a unit a different banner taken from new mod Banner folder?
6) The B102NME file (Undead and Skaven mod), I looked at "Stormvermin" and found "Sprite 340"... where do I find that sprite? And how about banners? In the dropdown menu I see only the Orig Campaign banners and not all the mod added banners. How do I select them?
7) Is there any ".arm" file with ALL the troups of the game (players troups can be found in PLYR_ALL.ARM, but enemy troups don't) to make it easier to make copypaste on wh2Edit? I can find them in all BTB files, but if there is a "ENEMY_ALL.ARM" it could be easyer

I'm stuck with this part by now and trying to understand on my own (but help will be appreciated)... I will start with CTL and AI when I'm able to make all units deploy correctly.

There isn't any need to be quick in this, thus replay when you want and can, without pressure Wink

Thanks
35  Modifications / Campaigns / New Campaigns: Questions and suggestions on: April 06, 2017, 09:06:31 AM
I'm considering to create new campaings, most for the fun of doing it, but also to give others "new food to eat"

I will ask againg for your patience and kindness with some question

I want to create a first simple campaign, with no more than 5-6 battles plus 2-3 optional battles. New conversation, new plots and brand new story. This will be my "make experience" campaign, before creating the big one I've got in mind.
For now I'm not considering to create new maps... I've got enough of them from the original game and wood elf campaign. I  more or less undestood the "not battle" part (the "whmtg.txt" file)
I won't create new units too, because I can use all the units from the wood elf campaign, more than enough by now

What I need is this

How to create a battle from the beginning, that means:
1) Add a unit to a map (and eventually remove all units present on the map if copied by another campaign)
2) Add hidden units that appear on conditions (like those hidden in the trees or those zombies that come out from the ground)
3) Add conditional units (units that can be added depending on the plot choices, like black grail in the final battle if you do not kill them in the previous mission)
4) Enemy AI

These are the first issues I will like to learn. Thus, if someone can point me out in the right direction (suggestions, tutorials, an interesting battle from another mod that is the right one to learn because of the way it's done and so on) I will appreciate it a lot

Thanks
36  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Started screen Flickering on: April 05, 2017, 10:54:04 PM
Ok, it was a "speakers" problem... using the normal tabletop audio it works, with the spekers it doesn't
I will try different speakers
37  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Started screen Flickering on: April 05, 2017, 10:32:58 PM
grrrrrrr!!
No speeches! I can ear the music but no voices during the meetings!!! I'm going mad
I cannot ear the inbattle speeches too
38  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Started screen Flickering on: April 05, 2017, 08:51:04 PM
Thanks a lot (this time I saved all files I downloaded for future needs)
Finally I had to reinstall the game from the start, but if worked and even all my save files (that I copied before unistalling) works too. The win64 registry modify was a must anyway, thus your upload was vital

Thanks again, even more, for your kindness
39  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Started screen Flickering on: April 05, 2017, 03:38:55 PM
Tried to deactivate windows defender and still do not work

To add one more information, when I run the game it say "Impossible to find the disk" and when I click "Cancel" or "Continue", the game starts (with the screen flickering). It never said anything about disk until this very morning

Thanks for your patience
40  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: Started screen Flickering on: April 05, 2017, 03:24:04 PM
If I rename EngRelDeploy19v19.exe to EngRelDeploy19v19.exe to EngRel.exe
"Impossible to run application (0x0000142)"

I'm going to lose my hopes... pheraps this evening I will try to completely delete the game and registry keys and try a fresh istallation, after you reload the registry mods

What I cannot undestand is that until this moring it worked perfectly.
41  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Started screen Flickering on: April 05, 2017, 02:49:30 PM
I don't know what's happened, but today the game started screen flickering
User accunt contro is off
EngRelDeploy19v19.exe is set to compatibility 16 bit color, 640x480 resolution and run as administrator
I tried to delete and replace all the mod folders from DOModPackOct16_2016, following the guide (http://forum.dark-omen.org/help-section/ultimate-dark-omen-xpvistawin7win81win10-game-fixes-t111.0.html) as I did the first time, but still flicker.

The only things I didn't tried

When I run the game it appears, for a moment, the "Unable to locate the CD Rom" before the game start (flickering)

The only things I cannot try is to run the registry modifier (that I run the first time I installed the mods) because these two links
Windows 64bit
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmpmms9wph6jshh/DO_Win64bitReg.zip
Windows 32bit
https://www.dropbox.com/s/c0crd3ngu1ixbpf/Do_Win32bitReg.zip
do not work anymore

I'm so sad!
42  Modifications / Tools / Re: General modding questions on: April 05, 2017, 02:21:10 PM
That's exactly what I was looking for!
Thanks a lot...
Thus, if I want to add subtitles to the original campaign:
1) Create a new mod folder (with the mod.ini file and all usual subfolders) copying it from an existing working mod
2.1) Copy all the original game data from the original game folders
or
2.2) Emtpy all the mod folders so the mod take all original data
Modify the whmtg.txt that I download from your previous link to add subtitles

This won't add subtitles to the original campaign, but add a new mod (let's say "Original Subtitled") with my subtitiles

Correct?
43  Modifications / Tools / Re: General modding questions on: April 05, 2017, 01:30:00 PM
Mmm... but in the Dark Omen 2 Mod "whmtg.txt" file, the first "SetDeafultSaveName" value is "Dark Elves" and the first battle in chapter 1 is "B6_01" (a battle with all dwarf units and three skaven units) in a instead of "B1_01"... Am I missing something? Hava I got an old "Dark Omen 2" version?
44  Modifications / Tools / Re: General modding questions on: April 05, 2017, 11:11:37 AM
Just one simple question

How can I edit the meeting point for original game (example: to add subtitiles)? There is no "whmtg.txt" file to edit except for mods campaign. Do I have to create a brand new campaign as a copy of original campaign? And if that's the solution, is there anywhere the "default whmtg.txt" to use?

Thanks in advance
45  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: 3D mode and Win8/7 [ Dark Omen ] on: April 04, 2017, 11:16:24 PM
Ok, thanks. It's not a big issue... the game rocks anyway  Grin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4