April 18, 2024, 11:16:30 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
31  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament June on: July 10, 2009, 12:18:04 AM
Great job !
Thanks Tongue
32  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament June on: July 06, 2009, 12:12:36 PM
You forgot to post the vids. Huh?
33  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament July on: July 06, 2009, 12:12:07 PM
ajajja ... i wanna fight kypper ?
One Does not Simply Fight the Kypper. Tongue
34  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament July on: June 30, 2009, 11:02:58 PM
Kypper i have a dream to play vs you and rip your bones with my ghoul hordes... so i'm definately in if you will participate :-)
also 9k seems like a nice shoot, we need to give a try for that (even though i expect a lot of suprising results)
No one can stand my skeletons armies ! Beware, mortal ! Tongue

Well, maybe I'll just pick my standard army of crossbowmen... :Smiley
35  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament July on: June 30, 2009, 01:14:45 PM
Why 9k ?
That's too much ! Embarrassed
36  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tactical wargaming and other Warhammer games / Re: Shadow of the Horned Rat on: June 30, 2009, 01:13:41 PM
Well, my Horned Rat works well with my XP sp3, without doing all this stuff.

?_?
37  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament July on: June 28, 2009, 11:44:47 PM
Ehe, maybe I'll do my come-back ! Tongue (I knowyou're all fond of myself and... uh... okay maybe not but well Sad )
'will confirm in 2 weeks. Kiss
38  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: How many times have you completed Dark Omen on: June 26, 2009, 12:28:40 PM
3 times. The game is too easy, and the story is, well, bad.

But I finished over 10 times The Horned Rat, which is far superior speaking of the single campaign.
39  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: any1 wanna play Myth 2? lets make a Scrimish on: June 20, 2009, 08:49:37 PM
i loved this game pretty much and its little similar to DO, even thoug hthere is no magic.
There is.
I remember being lightined (?) a lot by evil warlocks in multiplayer. Sad
40  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: few questions regarding mechanics DO on: June 18, 2009, 01:40:05 PM
4th ed?! Heresy! 3rd ed is the only real WFB version! Cheesy
You got me Grin
41  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: few questions regarding mechanics DO on: June 12, 2009, 09:30:19 PM
so why its diffirient from unit to unit? dont =get it.
also some1 said that on second level all units gets BS+1
Well well well...
Warhammer is a world much more complicated than DO. A "great sword" boy have a BS3, but no bow. It's useless, but it's still in the game.
Zombies have a BS of 0 because they can't use these weapons (the rotting brains don't help to think and aim Tongue )
The BS+1 bonus was only for the ballistic regiments, the regular regiments got WS+1 (at least in the Horned Rat).

why? how its usable at all?
NO. You will never throw the great swords, kid Tongue

p.s. and i also noticed some day u said that there is additional +1 rolsl or w/e when one unit outclass another (in skeleton example) is it something about number of sculs near the unit  or what? if so, then if level up gives additional scull it makes sense...
It's not an additionnal roll, it's a point in the resolution of the fights. I dunno how the developpers did it work in the game, but it looks kinda obvious that only the people fighting count.

pps and what is regenration excatly does?
'Don't care. As I said, I don't think there is this capacity in DO.
Trolls sucks.
42  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: few questions regarding mechanics DO on: June 12, 2009, 08:07:50 PM
The Weapon SKill of a cannon can result in interesting close combat battles. Like mortar crews defeating Greatswords.
Nope ! The cannon has is own caracs ! Wink (with a lot of 0)
It's something like TO7 WO3.
43  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: few questions regarding mechanics DO on: June 12, 2009, 01:23:53 PM
Hard to say but I'm trying.
Remember that I'm a v6-v7 Wh player, not a v4 old guy. Grin

So your big tree :
WS8, ST6, A4.

And the knights :
WS6, TO3 (lol), WO2, with 6 points of armor (1+ !)

Let's do it for one attack.
WS8 against WS6, that's 2/3 to hit.
ST6 against TO3, that's 5/6 to wound.
ST6, it's 3 points above 3, so the armor got change in a poor  4+ (a 1/2 protection).
(2/3) x (5/6) x (1/2) = 10 / 36 = 5 / 18 ~= 28%
You have 4 attacks, so you should do an average... 1,1 wounds in one round.
But beware ! The knights have WO2, you need to do 2 wounds to the regiment to kill one guy.
If you read my wall-of-text about the skeletons, you maybe see it's a little more complicated:
The treeman charge and kill one knight. The knights don't have the strength bonus thanks to their lances, and didn't hurt him. It's a 1-1 (they are legion in greater number than the 'lone treeman). They only lose half a knight.
But what if the treeman charge in the rear and, with a little luck, does 2 wounds (one knight) ? He wins the fight by 3-1, so another knight is (really) dead !
1 wound versus 4 wounds... Now do your own maths boy Cheesy

p.s. and what is BS skill form meele units please advice?
Does nothing. Like the attacks for a canon Tongue

EDIT : forgot one line.
p.p.s. am i got right that in wh49k ST doesnt reduces armour?
Yep. But it's somewhat different in Wh40k. That's not the subject btw :p
44  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: few questions regarding mechanics DO on: June 11, 2009, 11:21:12 PM
btw, is there any other stats other than WS BS ST TO WO AT IN LS ?
i mean in wh40k there is also some "save roll" for terminators for example; like to hit with usual orcs u need not only to hit with BS & get through TO, but also get throught their liek i dunno "armour"? is it the same or not?

cause for example to hit there terminators u need to roll "1" of the d6 (16%) after get through their To.
or is it the simple armour?

and also, is it possible to use 6 armour slots at DO or only 5 maximum? (i mean what will happened if i take shield with x5 slots?)

P.S.
Mhh good question. How is this solved in the "real" tabletop game? Perhaps could anyone who  played it, say something.
in table games all units in distance of two inches involved into the battle(and 1 inch is aprox. = wight of one corpse; please note corpses have some roudn stands" which is bigger than usual corpse)
The armor works the same, with ONE big thing : strength reduces the armor.

So, imagine you have a nice barbed horse (save 5+ or 2pts), a full plate armor (4+ or 3pts), a magic shield (5+ or 2pts), so you have an armor of 0+ ! It works like a save of 2+ ofc Tongue
But there's the strength. Points above 3 reduce the armor by one.
ST 1 > ok
ST 2 > ok
ST 3 > ok
ST 4 > -1 Sad
ST 5 > -2
Etc.

So, your mighty knight is hit and wound by a skeleton (ST 3), so he has 16% of losing one point of life (even with a 0+).
But if he's on the path of a dragon (ST 6), he loses 3 points of armor, so he only as a 3+ (33% of losing an hp).

is this clear ? Wink

Btw I'm not speaking of ward save and regeneration, because they're none in DO (well the trolls have no special tag right ?)
45  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament May on: June 08, 2009, 04:20:15 PM
Thanks a lot Ghab', they are very nice !
Your necro fought well against the troll Shocked
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8