May 10, 2024, 02:17:52 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: 1 [2]
16  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: How did you come to play Dark Omen on: February 25, 2009, 07:26:26 PM
DO itself.
17  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament February on: February 23, 2009, 12:08:20 PM
I disagree, I really think there's no problem to make an army with 5 times the same regiment. For all tactics, their are counter measures.
Davi, you talk about 2 cavalries with Horn/Banner of Wrath.
If your cavalry run near me, using his banner... I can touch it with my infantry with the same banner! And my infantry is cheaper than your cavalry, so i can have more troups, and can lose more men than you. There's the same thing for the Horn.

Some said that an archery army is very difficult to kill. Otherwise, Ptolos is a useful item, and, if i charge your bowmen/crossbowmen with the same number of infantry troops, I'm sure I will lost at least one troop. But the other will engage bowmen, and the fight will be very easy for contact troops.

Some said that Shaman/Necro/Wizards are deadly units. Nevertheless, " an arrow can end your wizard's life". Arcan banner, Spelleater Shield and Dragon Helm can dodge the wizards threat. And i don't talk about Mork banner or artillery.

Too many infantery soldiers can't win versus a Pistoliers troop if they don't got any magic item, like ptolos or, better, Arcana banner.

On Olly's picture, we can see many halbarder, but I guess they will die because of the archers and shaman.

To conclude, I think that making a clone army is a bad idea, because it's not a versatile army. Perhaps powerfull, but if your opponent have a threat you can't manage, you are dead.
18  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: New Goblin Campaign on: February 23, 2009, 10:13:11 AM
You forgot " Ici " for the French guys Cheesy
19  Warhammer Dark Omen / Tournaments / Re: Tournament February on: February 23, 2009, 12:03:27 AM
What was the problem with 4+ same regiment?
20  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Dwarf Campaign on: February 21, 2009, 11:23:18 PM
Just a little question... if this campaign is based on a dwarves vs orcs story, giving hatred to both armies won't be the same thing that don't giving hatred to these armies? I mean, in strategic terms ( of course, hatred will speed up the fights).
21  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: How to beat the last battle (Black Pyramid). on: February 20, 2009, 10:04:27 PM
The problem, in this mission, is that you don't have much time to manage Elven, and Mortar, and Crossbow, and Tank, and mage(s) when some mummies attack you, on the left and on the right, in the same time :/
I'll try the Charge with tank :p

10 Cheesy

Edit : Ok, I tried the Tank charge : powerfull, but slow, easy to kill for any Necromancer, and need a micro-management harder than the Pistoleers. Nevertheless, with Crimson Bands, it can be very deadly, I think.
22  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: How to beat the last battle (Black Pyramid). on: February 20, 2009, 07:54:09 PM
They're not bad archers, they just are archers, meaning no direct fire.
I prefer crossbow direct fire or powerfull hit, like the mortar.
23  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: How to beat the last battle (Black Pyramid). on: February 20, 2009, 04:14:44 PM
Why do you say that runefang seems to do half damages and not double?
Have you seen this problem with empirical experiences?

Concerning the tank, what do you mean exactly?
And can he charge, crushing enemies, like this is written in the notice?
24  Warhammer Dark Omen / Singleplayer / Re: How to beat the last battle (Black Pyramid). on: February 20, 2009, 09:15:03 AM
I tried it yesterday.

I think that Fire mage is really good ( Conflagration of Doom, Crimson Bands and the other fire spells really help to kill these damned mummies).
Well, Morgan is obvious.
Surprisingly, Elven bowmen are bad, they always shoot behind the undead troups. But i lokked for their Statistic, are they good in contact fight?
Mortar is a must have.
But, according to my mind, the key unit is the Outlaw Pistoliers, i killed 50% of the Undead with them, Catapult, bowmens ( thanks to ptolos), mummies ( they are resistant, but really slow, so long to kill but not dangerous), the necromancer ( who didn't want to die, despite Crossbowmen/Elven Bowmen/Mortal/Pistoleers/Meteor Tongue, and the Dread King, right in the back, unfortunately 0,5 seconds after he killed Morgan :/

So, I Think I will retry with, of course, Morgan with Runefang, Pistoleers with Arcana Banner and Ptotlos, some contact troups ( Ragnar, Ogres, Flagelants, Dwarves ( unexperimented because they are too slow, but resistant), Grail Knights, Fire Mage, Mortar and Crossbowmen to reduce the opponent troups before they reach your contact troups. ( Don't like Tordado tech Wink ).
Canon disapointed me, and the Tank have a too short range to be really usefull.
25  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Post test on: February 18, 2009, 06:11:34 PM
Yup, i have seen after, but haven't find how to delete this topic  Lips Sealed
26  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Post test on: February 17, 2009, 03:16:12 PM
Hi, I open this topic for test some post ( image, color, what you want).

Edit : The middle one seems to be the best for an avatar Cheesy
27  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Good Victories on: February 16, 2009, 07:23:53 PM
I realy like this type of army, but I think you was a little lucky Wink
28  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Which Country (/Continent) has most memebers on: February 16, 2009, 03:03:04 PM
France.
29  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Website Related / Re: A translation ? on: February 13, 2009, 03:29:55 PM
Of course I am ( JH user spotted Lips Sealed )
30  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Website Related / Re: A translation ? on: February 12, 2009, 11:19:37 AM
I apologize, I only speak/write bad/poor English.
Waiting for your translation, Kypper ( i don't have enough time to help you, atm, but can read for error or other).
Pages: 1 [2]