May 07, 2024, 06:49:15 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Wood Elves on: July 26, 2015, 03:09:07 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply. I've tried your solution and the level works in CPU mode. I don't know whether this confirms or disconfirms your suspicion about the sprite. I've seen it casting spells at me so it cannot be entirely corrupted right?

It is indeed Axebite Pass and there are  doing what they do best. Much fun, the forced pace and  give it a hectic feel that's a lot more like real battle (I'd imagine) than some of the missions in the original campaign.

Good luck in battle! Cheesy
2  Modifications / Campaigns / Re: Wood Elves on: July 26, 2015, 01:26:48 PM
Hi Cuthalion,

I've recently started playing DO again, after I saw SOTHR appear on GOG. This site has helped me enormously in getting it to run in 3D mode.

Back when I was 13 (and didn't understand English as well) I couldn't do it, but I've finished the campaign rather quickly and with 24k+ gold to spare. So I decided to try and fight my way through one of the alternative campaigns I found here.

Your Woodelves one being the freshest (and presumably very good, being the product of so much experience) became my challenge of choice. And man is it tough. I know it's supposed to be easier than the other campaigns you made, but when you're used to the AI just sitting there having their behinds bombarded, it takes a little getting used to.

Eventually I managed to progress, but now I'm stuck. I think it is the 8th mission. It has the cutscene/dialogue and background for the Helmgart mission, but I guess that's not where the actual battle will take place, because I've already attacked and defended the tower before.

My game crashes while in the 'preparing for battle screen'. I can play all my previous save games without a problem, so I think it's related to this level specifically. I have no further information for you, Windows just states that the program has stopped working and will not give me any specifics. All I can say is that I've got all my units alive (and made a little money since the start too, it's not like all my troops have been dying every mission), in case there might be a conflict in the unit allocations or some such thing I don't know anything about.

I hope you can help me solve this problem, because I was seriously enjoying this campaign Cheesy

PS I gather there's no easy way to actually change the dialogues and travelmap to actually fit the campaign you're presenting. I guess if it could be done it would have been done Cheesy

PPS In the meantime I will give your Chaos Dwarves campaign a shot. I expect ragequits.
Pages: [1]