April 18, 2024, 08:33:08 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Final liberation on: July 20, 2009, 01:21:10 AM
Your welcome tovertrut. Love to take credit for the fix but alas this was all down to good ol seaching on the net when I myself needed a solution to running the game on XP.

Olly regarding the other two games you mentioned:

Chaos Gate runs on XP without any fixes needed. Easy turn based game to get into and satisfying choosing squads of Marines and Terminators. Most missions consist of searching for artefact or similar. Becomes a bit repetitive and game screen scrolls too fast however.

Rites of War is a hex, turn based wargame that I love just because the Eldar are a cool race. It does get hard quite quickly but its satisfying watch your surviving troops gain experience and boosting the power of your army.

Overall though, out of all of the games mentioned, Final Liberation is the nearest to capturing the original Epic wargame experience.

2  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Final liberation on: July 18, 2009, 11:20:39 PM
Forgot to say that for the network: Final Liberation2 the password is: ren
3  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Final liberation on: July 18, 2009, 12:25:35 PM
This solution below worked for me (i.e, using Final Liberation in XP). The only downside with this is that you will loose the ability to watch the in game movies.

Credit to Brimstone1 on Filefront forums and others on different forums for this solution:

[Options]
MusicVol=100
FX_Volume=127
MV_Volume=127
UseGrid=0
DoVideo=0
WatchAI=0
AutoSave=1

just open notepad and copy and paste the above, save the file as ""epic.ini"" (make sure it doesn't end up as epic.ini.txt) and place it in the game's main directory.
4  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Final liberation on: July 16, 2009, 11:35:55 PM
Set up Hamachi network name as: Final Liberation2

Let me know what days/times (and what GMT you're on) are best for you.

Khensori

5  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Final liberation on: July 08, 2009, 08:53:32 AM
Same as on this forum - khensori

Excellent. I'm on UK time, so we'll need to sort out suitable times when we're both online.
6  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Final liberation on: July 07, 2009, 08:38:33 PM
Sounds great Smiley I'll be up for trying that. I have the game, so just say the word.
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Multiplayer / Just created 5000 point Ork & Goblin Army on: July 07, 2009, 08:33:11 PM
Hello,

I'm new to the boards and just wanted to say that I've just created a 5000 point Ork and Goblin army and ready to play online. Have Hamachi ready to go. So, whats the best way to start playing the game against you guys online?

Khensori
Pages: [1]