May 03, 2024, 07:38:31 AM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: More problems! on: July 23, 2010, 12:05:21 PM
Okay get the latest drivers for your SIS 661 here: http://www.sis.com/download/download_step1.php

try running with the new drivers if that doesnt work try unistalling DO, reinstalling, running the hardware troubleshooter tick force 3d, no power vr, no 3dfx, and forcemmx render.

Then right click on the DO shortcut, properties, then compatibility tab and select run as admin, and in win 98 mode.

Tell us if that fails / succeeds

This helps a lot; thank you! With the updated drivers and the troubleshooter options you suggested, the game now runs and I can get to the menu screen, start new campaigns etc.

The only thing left to fix is this: When I start a new campaign, the units show (and the talking heads in the bottom left etc) but the landscape itself is completely black. But I think I saw something else somewhere on this site about how to fix that...
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: More problems! on: July 22, 2010, 11:22:11 PM
Sure - just ran the test now. Here's the results. Thanks for the quick reply Smiley

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 7/22/2010, 23:17:41
       Machine name: ACER-**********
   Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr.100216-1514)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer, inc.
       System Model: TravelMate 2430
               BIOS: Phoenix NoteBIOS 4.0 Release 6.0     
          Processor: Intel(R) Celeron(R) M processor         1.60GHz
             Memory: 446MB RAM
          Page File: 389MB used, 664MB available
        Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: /Silent
     DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

------------
DxDiag Notes
------------
  DirectX Files Tab: No problems found.
      Display Tab 1: No problems found. DirectDraw test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 7 test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 8 test results: All tests were successful. Direct3D 9 test results: All tests were successful.
        Sound Tab 1: No problems found.
        Sound Tab 2: No problems found.
          Music Tab: No problems found.
          Input Tab: No problems found.
        Network Tab: No problems found.

--------------------
DirectX Debug Levels
--------------------
Direct3D:    0/4 (n/a)
DirectDraw:  0/4 (retail)
DirectInput: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectMusic: 0/5 (n/a)
DirectPlay:  0/9 (retail)
DirectSound: 0/5 (retail)
DirectShow:  0/6 (retail)

---------------
Display Devices
---------------
        Card name: SiS M661MX
     Manufacturer: SiS
        Chip type: SiS 661   
         DAC type: Internal
       Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_1039&DEV_6330&SUBSYS_00821025&REV_00
   Display Memory: 64.0 MB
     Current Mode: 1280 x 800 (32 bit) (60Hz)
          Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
  Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
      Driver Name: SiSGRV.dll
   Driver Version: 6.14.0010.3900 (English)
      DDI Version: 9 (or higher)
Driver Attributes: Final Retail
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / More problems! on: July 22, 2010, 04:59:45 PM
Hi everyone - great forum you have!

I'm one of those who used to play this game 10 years ago and just thought of it again recently.

So I've tried the fixes suggested in the ultimate fix guide you guys have here, but I haven't got it working yet.
Here's my details.

I'm running Windows XP (SP3) on an Acer laptop. I've tried downloading the intro-crash-fix file and all of that, but every time I run the game the screen goes black (no intro movie plays) and after a few flashes I get the error message "The SisGrv driver has stopped working normally" - something like that - and then the standard Windows message of "EngRel.exe has crashed" etc.

It looks like people here have had different error messages than what I just described, so I wondered if anyone could help with this problem? Thanks so much!
Pages: [1]