April 25, 2024, 05:39:30 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: 2 discs? on: August 22, 2010, 07:11:07 PM
Thanks Olly, will give it a bash. All this effort over a 12 year old game eh? Still awesome despite it's age!
2  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: 2 discs? on: August 22, 2010, 05:26:32 PM
Hi Darkmancer, he originally played the singleplayer campaign through a virtual PC setup without the disc which was fine. I just tried singleplayer mode with the actual installaion and disc on his PC and it crashes as soon as you try to initiate a new game so there is definetly a problem with his setup! I have to say his computer is pretty old and creaky which can't help...though it's just strange it works for a while in multiplayer but then crashes. Suggestions? A new computer? ;-)

Thanks
3  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: 2 discs? on: August 22, 2010, 01:30:30 PM
So thanks again for your help, I set my flatmate's graphics settings to the lowest resolution and we have since played a few games successfully. Unfortunately though the success was short lived as his computer crashes randomly sometimes after 10 minutes or more or sometimes less with that old chestnut - Engrel.exe error. I am familiar with this error from scanning these forums but not quite sure how to fix it - reinstall? He is using XP and the game loads up fine normally as long as the intro is skipped.
4  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: 2 discs? on: August 21, 2010, 12:45:20 PM
Hey guys thankyou kindly for your help. It sounds like a graphics bug maybe as I can start the battles and then it just chokes. Will eliminate all the possibilities and hopefully sort it out. Thanks again!
5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / 2 discs? on: August 18, 2010, 03:26:50 PM
Hello everybody,

I have got seriously close to getting Dark Omen up and running between me and my flatmate through Hamachi. However as soon as the battlefield screen loads all we get is a black screen except for the command buttons in the bottom right of the screen and the little red arrow you press to commence battle. I will point out that we have only been using one disc between us, ie. one of us loading up and creating a session then removing the disc so the other can load the game and then join. It may seem like a stupid question but do you think the session is crashing at the last moment due to one PC being without the disc?

Any help would be much appreciated,
Thanks!
Pages: [1]