April 25, 2024, 09:46:47 PM

Username
Password

Show Posts
Pages: [1]
1  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Re: Audio engineer looking to help on: May 12, 2009, 03:36:55 PM
thank you for the positive reply! i will come to IRC channel, don't think i've been on before but i have used IRC for years so see you there Wink
2  The Remake Project / General Suggestions / Audio engineer looking to help on: May 11, 2009, 06:22:53 PM
Hi all. I'm studying music technology right now and have built up some experience and lot of high quality recording equipment. I have just finished for the year and now have lots of time to be working on some other projects! This game is one of my favourites still and i would love to be able to help out with sound effects for the remake project. I could even help with music and menu sounds.

Here is a link to my latest piece of audio recording work -
Akira Bike Chase & Riot Scene - Complete Sound Design RemakeLQ | LQ+ | HQ | HQ+ | by Aeva

(the making of is also posted as a video response to that, shows you how good we are Wink )

I hope i can be of some help!
Thanks,
Joey
3  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Suggestions on: April 19, 2009, 01:41:00 AM
I would prefer to be able to have the option to just move everything solo, or be able to group if you really want. But i personally would not ever need to do more than groups of 2 at once i think.
4  The Remake Project / OMG WARTBED / Suggestions on: April 18, 2009, 06:21:42 PM
I'm hoping a large array of new units to allow the splitting of the empire into proper races (humans, dwarves, high elves, dark elves, etc) will be included in the remake! Any information on this aspect of the game available yet? Smiley
5  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: LAN problems Help!! on: April 17, 2009, 01:03:34 PM
Ok. I have no managed to get both working. Well i haven't managed with the crossover cable still, but with my router all i needed to do was open both udp/tdp ports 12975 just like on hamachi. silly me!

It confuses me that without the ports open you can create a game and setup, but you can't actually play the game. Because it did the crash/freeze/session lost   everytime before opening the ports, on both hamachi and LAN.

Thanks for help guys i got it working in the end!!
6  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: LAN problems Help!! on: April 16, 2009, 03:16:27 PM
Ok guys i got it to work over hamachi, but still it fails when we try doing it thru the hub. Oh well! At least it works now! Smiley
7  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / Re: LAN problems Help!! on: April 16, 2009, 02:45:08 PM
Ok quick update. I noticed the main problem haha i hadn't successfully installed the map patch on one of the pc's. Ok so today, i reinstalled the game with 'maximum' and then sorted out the map patch.  Both pc's have now identical copies of the game. We are trying over our router and same again we can find, we can host, we setup, choose army/map and then when it says 'Preparing for battle' and we have both clicked 'Fight'  it freezes on that screen. My pc (host) has also started playing the music of the map and the sound effects of the map, where as the other pc the game has fully crashed. Any ideas?
8  Warhammer Dark Omen / Help Section / LAN problems Help!! on: April 16, 2009, 02:08:39 PM
Hi guys. I'm sorry but there's nothing on this list that helps people who are having connection problems playing on a LAN. I have spent about 4 hours last night with my mate trying to play either directly with a crossover cable or both of us going into the same router/hub. Either way, we can find each others games, and set up armies etc, but as soon as we both click fight, the second the map loads up, it either says "Session lost opponent disconnected" (on both pc's), or it crashes and freezes loading or it says engrel.exe crash. I am completely stumped! We have tried assigning manual ip addresses for each computer but still just the same problems occur. Any help would be much appreciated.
9  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: How did you come to play Dark Omen on: April 14, 2009, 01:41:40 PM
Hi only just came to play the game, but playing all the RTS games like C&C and red alert with my brothers over LAN was what got me into gaming. and then watching them all play D&D games got me into elves orcs hobbits etc. Then they moved onto warhammer collecting and i never really played the tabletop game, but admired the tactics involved. being more of a gamer, DO is just perfect!
10  Warhammer Dark Omen Community / Tavern / Re: Which Country (/Continent) has most memebers on: April 14, 2009, 01:37:48 PM
hi all. i think this is my first post here, not sure if i posted before.
I'm fairly new to the game and to this site, but looking forward to become a DO master, my mate recently got me into it as he was proud to own the only warhammer game to keep tabletop rules. thats what intrigued me, and i hate base building in RTS games!

I'm joey and from north yorkshire , england.
Pages: [1]